InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's just how things are ❯ Hugs and Police ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow. Someone had to go pee after reading last chap. 0_o Weird ne?

I'm tired of people sending me death threats and complaining about how I take so long on this and my other fics all right? CUT IT OUT! It's hard enough that I have to deal with school! I like reading other fics too and I also have a life outside fanfics if you hadn't noticed! By the way I'm NOT take a long time to update just so I can get more reviews! I have FIVE other fics I'm doing so be nice! I have to split my ideas out fairly and not over use them lest I lose them all. So stop it! I'm SO tempted to just drop this fic just out of spite!!! So once again stop it! >=| Another reason why I'd like to drop this is because its getting harder and harder to come up with ideas. However there are a lot of nice people out there whom are kind and patient enough to wait a while, so for them I continue! If you have any ideas PLEASE e-mail me or contact me because I'm running out of plot silk worms to spin plot thread to make silk stories out of!

(I own those plot silk worms by the way. MINE. Plot silk worms © Defafaeth 2003)

Another thing! You don't if I could've been dead or not! How do you know the people that don't post up chapters anymore is in the emergency ward?! Or dead for that matter?! And all the while the jerks out there are threatening to kill that person and are bitching at 'em for not updating! >=0 HHHMMM?!?! SO STOP BITCHING AT ME YOU APATHETIC JERKS!!! (This is for the jerks. Not the nice people mind you - which there is a majority of.)

This chapter is dedicated to the nice people. ^^ Sorry it's short but like I said, my plot silk worms are disappearing.

______________________________________________________________

Kagome groaned then slammed her head onto her desk. "Damn Sesshomaru." She grumbled. Damn him straight to hell! Her first kiss and it had to be with that pig-headed, arrogant, good-looking, sexy - What the heck?! No! Bad! Bad! Bad! She just committed a murder a yesterday or was it the day before yesterday? Ergh, whatever! She hoped the others were doing better.

___________________________

"Inu Yasha! Think rationally! You could dig yourself to the other side of the world and still you won't be able to get to Kagome. Let me say it in a way you'll understand. She. Went. To. Another. Time. Period!" Miroku shouted to the frustrated hanyou.

"SHUT UP! SESSHOMARU WENT DOWN THE WELL! I CAN SMELL HIM!" Inu Yasha shouted menacingly. The hanyou kept digging rapidly through the earth creating an even deeper hole. In all honesty he wasn't that stupid he knew that there was no way he could actually get to Kagome's time by just digging some stupid hole, but he just wasn't thinking straight at the moment. He wanted to take his frustration of not being able to help Kagome out on anything else seeing as Myoga wasn't around to abuse and to make matters worse he could smell his brother's dirty stench adulterating his Kagome's lovely fresh rain aroma.

Miroku sighed as he walked back to where Sango, Kirara and Kaede were relaxing under a tree. "He won't listen." He said in defeat as he flopped down beside the taijiya.

"Since when has he ever listened?" Kaede asked raising an eyebrow. Miroku nodded is head thoughtfully at those wise words.

"Kaede has a point." Sango said lazily petting Kirara.

The monk shook his head, "So. Same plan again tonight?" The dirt pile beside the well was ever increasing.

The raven-haired exterminator nodded. "Might as well. It would be more difficult for Kagome to get out of the well if he could possibly get it any deeper. Kaede do you - ?"

"I have all the sleep draught I need child. For now we need to find another way for him to consume the draught without his knowing other than food. I think he suspects something."

Sango rolled her eyes, "Yeah right! He probably won't think of that in another three weeks give or take a few days." She said dryly.

The monk nodded. "Inu Yasha's head is too thick for him to think of that. However we should have a, as Kagome puts it, plan B incase he starts suspecting the food, better to be on the safe side."

The taijiya shrugged. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there for the meantime we need some volunteers." She said eyeing at the dirt pile that was as large as tall as the god tree, and it was only noon! The girl added in exasperation, "A very large number of volunteers."

Miroku sighed in aggravation. 'For whatever reason you have for taking Sesshomaru with you to the other side of the well is Kagome, it better be a good one or I'll be a very mad monk.' He thought crossing his arms.

Kikiyou watched hooded in the shadows at the scene a smirk lacing her lips. "Soon Kagome. Soon."

___________________________

Ding Dong

Mrs. Higurashi looked up from the carrots she was cutting and put the knife down. She wiped her hands on her apron, walked to the door and opened it with a smile. "Hello. This is the Higurashi Residence. How may I help you . . . . . ?" Mrs. Higurashi faltered when she saw the two gentlemen at her door were two policemen. One was blonde the other a red head.

The red haired officer tipped his hat, "Hello ma'am. May we come in? You might need to sit down for this." He said.

"Oh. Of . . . of course. Please come in. Make yourselves at home." The woman stuttered stepping aside to allow the two cops in. Mrs. Higurashi was nervous. What did they want? Did something bad happen? Was one of her kids in trouble? Oh no! Grandpa! What if he got into an accident?! He always had a bad heart! Wait. He was in his room. Scratch that theorem.

___________________________

Sesshomaru sat down on the roof of the miko's home and looked up at the sky. The stench of Kagome's world was unbelievably filthy, nevertheless he was slowly getting used to it. They were duller, their lustre faded because of the gassy smog of the city some were impossible to see due to the brightness of the urban area lights. Yet they were still there one of the few things in this world that were still there untouched by man and youkai. The taiyoukai looked down below at the little ones with a small smile gracing his lips. The fearless 'warrior' Rin was riding on Susu her 'faithful steed' pretending to slay Shippo the 'biggest baddest beast' whom was wearing a grotesque green mossy wig. The so-called 'warrior' fell off her 'faithful steed' who then ran toward the house and go in through the open kitchen door. The 'big bad beast' followed yelling for he 'warrior' to catch up. The 'warrior' followed laughingly, the sound of the door slamming shut was the last loud sound of the children he heard before the stillness of the night air took over.

He shifted slightly in his black pyjama bottom, he vaguely thought that he should've worn a long sleeve rather than the black tank top, but it was easily dismissed. He leaned back against the straight inner edge of the roof. (Diagram: Sloping downward roof -> /|__ <- inner edge of roof. Get it? No? Uh then e-mail me and I'll explain. ^^)

"Rin and Shippo are really cute together." A quiet voice murmured from the left of the silent youkai. Footsteps. Silence.

"Hn."

"I'm sorry."

The taiyoukai looked up at the miko beside him in surprise. "Why? You have nothing to apologise for." He asked surprised.

Kagome looked down at embarrassed, "Yes I do. I was . . . I was being implausibly and unjustly rude. I'm sorry."

Sesshomaru smiled faintly then gestured for the miko to sit, and she did so. They sat in silence. "I should be the one to apologise. I insinuated the kiss and I got carried away. I'm deeply sorry for my offending actions."

The miko chuckled. The silver haired man raised an eyebrow. The girl smiled shyly. "It wasn't that offending and I was partly at fault. So I guess we're pretty even."

He shook his head. "No. It is not forgivable. I wasn't thinking about my actions, after what your father did to you . . . . . I'm sorry. I'm no better than he was" He said glaring at the ground about his own stupidity. Sesshomaru looked sharply to his left when he felt petite arms drape around his shoulders and a soft cheek lean onto his shoulder.

"No." She whispered gently rubbing his arm. "No. You and he are - were separate entities. And you are an infinity times better than he'll ever be."

Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around the petite girl then pulled her into his lap. He buried his nose into her hair with a sigh, "Rain. Fresh rain. That's what you smell like." He murmured nuzzling the nape of Kagome's neck.

Kagome blushed, she opened her mouth to reply when Souta's voice called out, "Kagome! Please come down here! The police want to talk to you!"