InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's just how things are ❯ Lies and Hotdogs ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I have no problem with people wanting me to or urging me to update faster. However when people start sending me death threats with a swear word in every single sentence THEN I have a problem.

_______________________________________________

Kagome's eyes widened and her heart did a flip when she heard her brother call out. "The . . . . . police." She whispered hoarsely.

Sesshomaru watched as the miko's face pale, "Kagome. Is there anything wrong?"

"The police."

"What are these po-lease?" he inquired as he leaned his chin on her shoulder.

Kagome closed her eyes. "Law enforcers." She said raggedly. She reluctantly got up leaving behind the warmth of the taiyoukai's body. She sighed, then walked slowly toward the ladder propped up against the roof. "They're probably here to question me about . . . last night."

"You're not going to tell them the truth are you?" Sesshomaru asked. He looped his arm around her waist then jumped down holding the miko carefully.

When they landed on the ground Kagome have him a weird look. "Are you crazy?! Of course not! I don't want to be stuck in jail, not to mention that I'll have a bad record and probably never have a good job other than being a janitor at a seven-eleven." She said. She took his hand and walked slightly leaning on Sesshomaru for support while he wondered what exactly a seven-eleven was.

Kagome was shaking the whole time as they approached but as they entered the living room her back straightened she stopped leaning on the taiyoukai, much to his disappointment, and she looked purely of confidence. Two officers, blonde and a red head, were standing there watching as the two entered. Mrs. Higurashi was sitting on the sofa with Sota and grandpa was on the boy's other side watching quietly.

The officers motioned for them to sit. Kagome sat down on a soft plush armchair while Sesshomaru stood beside her glaring icily at the two officers. The twenty-year-old blonde stared right back albeit a bit nervous, the thirty-year-old redhead tried not to shrink away from the demon's intense scrutiny. The redhead was going to go up and shake their hands but with the silver haired man glaring unwaveringly in such a vehement way - he decided against it.

Both took in the violet marks on his cheeks, the violet crescent moon on his forehead, the long vibrant silver hair and the golden eyes. One word described him perfectly: Cool.

(A/N: I don't like purple. Not because people think it's a 'fruity' colour. It's because purple always reminded me of a purple nurple. 0_o. Yes a purple nurple. That's another name for Chinese nipple torture. Basically you twist a person's nipple till it turns purple. -_-)

"M. . m . . missss H . . h . .higura . . shi." The red head stuttered glancing nervously at the tall man beside the petite woman.

Kagome noticed this and swatted her bodyguard's arm. He flinched but didn't look away from his anxious prey, though he stopped glaring and just watched them.

The red head swallowed hard still unnerved by the tall man's eyes. "I'm . . . I'm . . ." he stuttered.

"He is officer Jaishi. I am officer Tekizawa." The blonde said smoothly.

Kagome nodded.

"I'm sorry to say that you father - "

"I have no father." Kagome cut in, in an icy voice that rivaled both Naraku's and Sesshomaru's cold voices combined. That surprised Sesshomaru she sounded nervous two minutes ago. 'Then again.' He thought wryly. 'Women do tend to change their moods more often than men.'

"Right." Officer Tekizawa said. He pulled out his notebook an scribbled down [Ms. Higurashi hates father. Possible motive as killer.] "You're father and his family was killed last night."

"When!? How?!" She asked in disturbed manner. However the apprehensive look in her eye didn't go unnoticed by Sesshomaru who doubled the intensity of his glare at the two police. He smiled mentally when the red head gulped nervously.

"That is confidential information Ms. Higurashi." Jaishi said, casting nervous glances at the tall man beside her.

"Ms. Higurashi where were you during the shooting between the time of seven thirty to nine thirty pm last night?" Tezizawa asked warily.

"W . . where I was specifically?" Kagome asked. She could feel the sweat soaking up her armpits. The demon beside her could practically see her nervous scent wafting around her.

"Answer the question missy." Jaishi growled. He flinched when Sesshomaru growled dangerously at him.

Kagome placed a hand on the demon's arm as if holding him back. "I was here." She squeaked. She scolded herself immensely about her high-pitched voice it didn't sound normal.

Kagome's mother (let's call her Tsyuki for now) looked suspiciously at her daughter. Something wasn't right. Kagome would NEVER EVER lower herself to kill in cold blood. Then again she always did hate Jack - and with good reason. Sure she's killed demons in the past. Killed out of self-defense. But she'd never kill out of cold blood.

Would she?

Tekizawa raised a triumphant eyebrow. "Oh really? Can anyone account for that?" He knew it! He knew she had to be the perpetrator!

"Uh . . . well . . . uh - "

"She was with me."

All eyes swiveled over to the taiyoukai.

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Pardon me?"

"She was with me. In this house."

"Doing what?" The officer asked quietly.

"Does that information correlate to the homicide?"

"No, but - "

Sesshomaru interrupted. "Since that information doesn't relate to the shooting it is not needed."

The redhead jumped his eyes sparkling, "AH! You stated that there was a shooting! We didn't tell you anyone was shot! Therefore you must be the killer!" he said ecstatically.

The demon sighed. Humans. "Earlier your partner asked " . . . where were you during the shooting . . ." The shooting, he clearly stated transpired and therefore I assumed that the father and his family were shot to death."

Jaishi opened his mouth then closed it again, then opened.

"Close your mouth if you've nothing to say. It's wide enough for a moth to fly into." Sesshomaru said disdainfully. Yet he did wish hard that some sort of disgusting insect did fly into the redhead's mouth.

"Ahem." Tekizawa coughed to get their attention. "Do you have any witnesses?"

"Rin. Shippo." The demon said.

"Who are they and where do they live?" The blonde said whipping out his notebook.

"We're right here!" A boyish voice called from the living room door.

The two officers turned and to their surprise saw two small children sitting on a large dog. Tekizawa spun around and said incredulously, "Your witnesses are two small little children?!"

Sesshomaru merely stood with his face devoid of any expression.

"Hey! We're not small!" Shippo protested jumping off Susu.

"Yeah! Rin and Shippo aren't little either!" Rin protested.

Tekizawa rolled his eyes. "Fine. Were either one of you in the presence Ms. Higurashi and . . . uh . . . what did you say your name was?"

"I never gave it." Sesshomaru said. His eyes glinted dangerously.

"Sessho." Kagome said taking the taiyoukai's hand into her own and studying the fascinating violet marks on his wrist. Really they were fascinating. Made one wonder if there were anymore of them marks located else where . . .

"Yes. If either of you two were in the presence of Ms. Higurashi and Sessho at - "

"Sessho-sama." Rin corrected still on the dog's back.

Tekizawa rolled his eyes. "Sessho-sama." He repeated in a mocking voice. It was a wonder that Sesshomaru didn't just kill the insolent ass. "Were either one of you in their presence at seven thirty to nine thirty pm yesterday night?"

Shippo thought for a moment before answering brightly. "They were upstairs around that time." He said. He really didn't know what the heck the man was talking about but he did have a plan to sidetrack the officer from asking any more questions that might get his mother in trouble. He knew she killed that bad man, Rin and him both heard her confession that night in the hall. And knowing his mother, she'd crack like an egg if she were to be interrogated for anymore information. That and he'd always wanted to say what he was going to say soon.

Kagome looked at her young kit closely she noted the mischievous glimmer in his eyes and couldn't help but wonder what he was up to. Whatever it was, it wasn't going to be good.

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Then how would you know if they were up there at all? You didn't see them."

Shippo cocked his head to the side. "Well I didn't really see them, they were loud enough. I heard them groaning and moaning upstairs." he said in his most innocent voice serious voice.

Kagome froze in horror, mouth agape, her face resembling that of hot dark molten lava.

Sesshomaru sighed mentally looking wistfully at the miko currently pleading to be struck dead. Oh if only.

The miko wasn't the only one. Tsyuki jumped up and yelled, "KITSUNA AMINAMARO GENNKAI ORASAWA MINOMAROA ESTIKAIA HIGURASHI!!!!"

She cringed at her mother's voice and attempted to bury herself in Sesshoumaru's arm.

"SESSHOMARU!!!!" Tsyuki screeched.

The demon in question cringed at the high pitched tone. Really! She didn't need to deafen him! The first one already impaired his hearing enough thank you very much!

"Mom! Calm down!" Souta coaxed.

"CALM DOWN!? I AM CALM!!!" The mother shouted. She sat down breathing heavily.

Kagome looked tentatively at her mother from behind the taiyoukai's arm. "Mom I - "

"KAGOME! HOW COULD YOU HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE SO MUCH OLDER THAN YOU?!?!?!?!?"

The miko 'eeped' then hid behind Sesshomaru's arm once more. In all honesty, Sesshomaru didn't mind at all. Not one bit.

"Uh . . . thank you for your time. However we need to leave now." Tekizawa said hastily. He didn't exactly like where this conversation was going. Especially ever since his parents gave him a screwed up version of 'the talk'. Besides they could always come back later.

"Yeah." Jaishi agreed. "We'll show ourselves out. Good bye." They hastily withdrew leaving the sound of a closed door to signal their departure.

Kagome stood up, still holding Sesshomaru's arm. "Mom! Please! I - "

"Kagome." Tsyuki said in an eerily calm voice.

The miko cringed. "Yes mom?" she squeaked. She back up behind the taiyoukai cowering slightly. Sesshomaru shifted a tiny bit to cover hide her better.

"Did you use protection?"

_______________________________________________

Kagome looked sick as Sesshomaru, Souta, Rin, Shippo and her exited her mother's room. The others, even Sesshomaru, looked greatly disturbed except for Rin who just wondered why they didn't enjoy the puppet show Kagome's mother had set up.

'I'll never look at hotdog - especially hotdogs with the cheese melted center or a hotdog bun, the same way EVER again.' Kagome thought queasily holding her stomach. "I'm never ever gonna do the three lettered tango. Ever.

After that little prevarication of Shippo's Mrs. Higurashi had decided to take it upon herself to educate 'the young ones' about the 'horizontal mambo' and all it's dangerous. Since she wasn't very good at explaining it verbally she had decided to teach them through a puppet show in her room. The puppet show was about 'Ms. Bun' and 'Mr. Hotdog', how they got married - and about their honeymoon, which was shown in disturbing detail. Especially with the cheese squirting out of 'Mr. Hotdog' during the 'final moment'. Then came the little yarn strips with big smiles on one end swimming toward the empty drained eggshells with a hole in which the tissue paper chose glided into. Then finally came the little wiener and bread crust babies.

Needless to say none of 'the young ones', except for Rin, were feeling too overzealous on dinner but Tsyuki insisted, after all, she spent quite a good deal of time cooking for them. The least they could do was eat something. So they all filed down the stairs and sat around the table.

Sesshomaru sat in between Rin and Kagome, Shippo right beside Kagome left of Souta with Grandpa sitting next to his grandson.

Tsyuki served dinner, which turned out to be hotdogs.

Sesshomaru looked warily at the food in front of him so did some of the others. He looked to his left.

Rin was discarding the hotdog to the side of her plate and start licking the mayonnaise off the hotdog bun.

He winced.

She discarded the mayoless bun then took the hotdog and started peeling off the skin.

The taiyoukai blanched.

Rin ate the skin then bit deeply into the hot dog's meat.

The demon flinched.

The small child sucked the melted cheese from inside merrily.

He cringed.

Rin inhaled the rest of the hotdog and asked for more. Sesshomaru promptly traded plates then looked away.

Grandpa poked at his hotdog. He was cross. He looked over at Tsyuki with an irritated expression. "Daughter! My hotdog is too small! I want a bigger one!"

_______________________________________________

The way I described Rin eating the hotdog is pretty much how my brother used to eat his when he was little.

The thing with the puppet show came from my demented head. ^^

I hoped you enjoyed.