InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's Show Business ❯ Forgotten Lines And Pink Cars ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha or anyone else mentioned below. Please enjoy this Fanfic!

"Tishina, you know that I love you. I love you like the stars love to glitter. Oh, and how they glitter in your eyes…Please, say you love me, Kikyo."

"CUT! Inu Yasha, her name is Tishina. If you forget and say Kikyo's name one more time, I'm going to pull in your brother and have him run your lines! Speaking of lines, are you the one writing the script? No, you are not. Stop improvising and SAY YOUR DAMN LINES RIGHT!!!" Naraku sat back down in his director's chair and drummed his fingers on its arm agitatedly. Why he cast a hanyou as Bonaki, he'll never know. Inu Yasha may be the son of an actor, but he didn't have the heart of one. It was a fact that he was a spectacular actor, but after a long days' shoot you could tell that he hated the job. He was only in it because his father was.

"Make-up!" Kikyo called. A lean woman walked out and began applying tan powder to the pallid actress's face. The woman had long brown hair that was tied back in a braid and donned a black artist's smock. She pulled back Kikyo's raven colored hair to get it out of her face.

"There you are, Miss Kikyo," said the woman.

"Thank you, Sango," Kikyo muttered curtly and turned back to Inu Yasha. The silver haired hanyou was half-heartedly skimming his script. When he had finished, he tossed it aside and gazed frostily at Naraku.

"Ready when you are, Mr. Director." Luckily Naraku missed the sarcasm, or chose to overlook it, as he started the scene over.

"Aaaand ACTION!"

"Tishina, I have to tell you that…that I love you. I always have and always will. It doesn't matter to me if you're rich or if you're poor. I know now that wealth isn't everything. Please, say you love me Tishina. Say you love me and we can be married; to live in happiness forever." Inu Yasha grasped Kikyo's hand. She melted and sighed in a slightly fake tone.

"Oh, Bonaki… I do. I love you!" She squealed with happiness and they kissed.

"Cut! Perfect, you two. Perfect. That's a wrap. You can all return to your trailers. It's almost magic hour and the next scene is a morning one. Get plenty of rest; tomorrow you all have to be ready to go by 5:30." A loud groan came from the staff. They hated early calls, but the actors were used to it. They simply sighed and started conversations with each other.

"That was a nice one Inu Yasha, well, once you said Kikyo's name right. You can never remember her movie name, can you?" Miroku sidled up to his friend. Inu Yasha sighed and looked away.

"Miroku, don't you have to…um…produce, or something? I mean, you are the producer, right?" Miroku just smiled wider as he looked at the disheartened hanyou.

"Naw, I got all of my homework done early. Hey, what say you and me go out on the town tonight? I passed a classy little microbrewery on the way to lunch that I think you might like." Inu Yasha's eyes hardened as he stared at Miroku.

"You know I don't like to drink," He spat simply. Miroku wasn't fazed by his friend's shortness of temper.

"Fine, you can have a Shirley Temple and I'll get a beer. Sound good? Plus, you have to come with me because I need a designated driver." Inu Yasha's eyes skipped from annoyed to disbelief.

"Miroku, it's a 5:30 staff call. You're not going to get drunk tonight, are you?" They left Studio B and wandered out to their cars. The young men meandered through a sea of Lamborghinis and Porsches of every color.

"No, but if we get pulled over for speeding, not only have you written the book on bullshitting your way out of a ticket, but the policeman won't smell alcohol on your breath."

"Who said anything about speeding?" Miroku looked at him in a knowing way. Inu Yasha flicked a `yeah, I guess you're right' expression his way and they fumbled with the keys to their vehicles.

"So you'll pick me up at seven?" Miroku asked. Inu Yasha glanced quickly up at his friend. He was standing next to a white 1987 Station Wagon. Not exactly a babe magnet. Inu Yasha hopped on his midnight blue Harley Davidson.

"Miroku, why don't you pick me up at seven?" An indignant look fell on the producer's face.

"But why?! Your bike is ten times cooler than my wagon," he said, kicking one of the car's tires. "Can't I just ride on the back of your bike?"

"No, and for two reasons: One, it just doesn't look right and two, if anyone sees me then we'll be hounded all evening. Seeing as my license plate says `InuYsha', and yours says `I heart cats', I think I'll be safer in the wagon." Miroku flushed crimson.

"You know that my mom had this car before me! Do you think that I like having a humiliating license plate on a humiliating car?!" Inu Yasha strapped on his helmet, making extra sure that his ears weren't smooshed. He made a mental note to talk to someone about getting some ear holes cut into it.

"Just sell the heap and buy a Jag or something. Hell, an SUV has more class than that thing you pass off for a car. So I'll meet you at seven outside my hotel?" Miroku sighed.

"If I'm not too embarrassed to drive anywhere in this `heap'," He said sarcastically. Inu Yasha flashed him an award-winning smile.

"Great. See you at seven," he chirped as he flipped down the visor and started up his bike. It purred like a tiger as he set off down the lot and out onto the busy streets of Los Angeles. The wind whipped past him and his silvery hair fanned out behind him. As he neared the heart of the city, he heard loud screams and squeals coming from the sidewalk. He rolled his eyes under his visors.

`Just perfect. I'm free for exactly two minutes and then I'm spotted. Sometimes I hate being an actor.' He thought to himself. Girls collapsed like dithering fools on the hard cement when they saw him. One came out of a shop, looked confused, then noticed him and threw her bags in the air in surprise. Miscellaneous clothing items rained down from the sky and onto her head.

`Poor thing. Oh well, serves her right. Plus, that just gave me my entertainment points for today.' He chuckled softly as he sped down the street. He was still smiling until he heard what he hated most. Someone behind him was honking at him. Inu Yasha shook his head and ignored it. The person honked again. He flipped them off and glanced to see who it was. He was so shocked that he kept his gaze on the person behind him. It was his dialect coach, Kagome Higurashi. She looked at him disbelievingly, then glanced up with a look of terror and slammed on her brakes. Inu Yasha whipped around just in time to watch his bike slam into the car in front of him. It was waiting for a light to change. The beautiful motorbike flipped over top of the stopped Buick and tumbled into the four lane intersection. It slid across the asphalt, sending sparks everywhere. The turning cars had quicker reflexes than Inu Yasha though, for they managed to stop before hitting the Harley. Someone with a cell phone called 911.

"NO!" Inu Yasha yelled as he dashed out into the street. He reached his bike and fell to his knees next to it, hardly hearing the honks of agitated drivers. Kagome hopped out of her silver convertible and sprinted to Inu Yasha's side.

"My bike," he moaned pitifully. "My beautiful, beautiful bike…"

"Be glad it was your bike and not you," Kagome stated with her hands on her hips. He looked up at her. Her silky black hair was up in a messy bun. She had on a plain, white, button up, collared shirt and a grey skirt that fell to her knees. Inu Yasha sighed.

"Yeah…I can always buy a new one." He stood and dusted off his leather jacket and tight jean pants. "Oh, and I'm sorry I flipped you off," he added quickly. "I thought you-I mean- I didn't know it was you."

"It's okay. Do you want a ride to your hotel, or apartment, or wherever?"

"I would if it's not too much trouble."

"If it was too much trouble then I wouldn't have offered." She smiled at him and walked back to her car. He raised his eyebrows and looked away before following. After about ten minutes, and someone moving the motorcycle to the side of the road, they were driving down a somewhat busy road in silence. Inu Yasha took off his helmet and shook his head. The breeze felt good on his ears. He massaged the tips and turned to Kagome.

"So why were you honking at me in the first place?" He asked. She laughed, but didn't look at him.

"You forgot your script at the studio. I was going to ask you to pull over at the light so I could give it to you. It's on the back seat," she added and pointed behind her. Sure enough, resting next to a grey handbag, was his shockingly short script.

"Thanks, but I didn't need it. This was today's script and seeing as today is over…" He set the pages down on the floor of the car. `Now if only I could find tomorrow's script,' he thought as he rested his chin in his hands and leaned against the door. His eyes followed the pink VW Bug next to them. Two teenage girls were bobbing their heads to the newest music some pathetic boy band had to offer. Thankfully, Inu Yasha couldn't hear the `song'. Not that he mattered, anyways. Lately, the only songs that graced the airwaves were about breaking up or falling in love. Then the passenger recognized him and all hell broke loose. She started screaming and pointing. The driver looked at her in a confused way.

`Oh, here we go,' he thought to himself. He had seen this so many times that he didn't need sound to figure out exactly what they were shrieking. `Oh my God! Oh my God! Look Candy! It's Inu Yasha!' The blonde driving zipped around and saw the superstar. Her jaw dropped and she began to scream too. `Eeeeee! This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me in my whole life! Its right up there with the time Brad dumped Stacy to take me to the prom!' `Oh my God, Brandy!' `Oh my God, Candy!' `Oh my God, oh my God, OH MY GOD!!!!' The girls in the Barbiemobile next to them looked like they fit his monologue perfectly. They seemed to be hopping for joy until "Candy" realized that she didn't have her hands on the wheel. They swerved and gained control of themselves. Inu Yasha snorted into his palm.

"So where are you staying?" Kagome asked, oblivious to the hormonally unbalanced teens in the car next to them.

"Hm? Oh, I'm at the Hidden Palm Hotel." Her face brightened and he cringed slightly.

"Really? Me too! What a coincidence!" She squealed. He inwardly groaned and turned back to the drama in the hot pink hell hole. `Dear Lord, what did I do to deserve this? Why did I have to ride to the hotel with Kagome? Why are we in the same hotel? If only you would have waited for me to find out AFTER the movie was done filming that we were in the same hundred mile radius…' Before he knew it, they were at the Hidden Palm. Kagome and Inu Yasha stepped out of the convertible and Kagome handed the valet the keys. They continued up the marble steps, to the elevator, and up to her room.

"You know," she began when they reached her door, "you can't come in." Inu Yasha was a bit taken aback.

"I had no intention of going into your room. I was just walking you to your door like a gentleman should."

"Since when did you become a gentleman? Let me tell you something: if being nice to someone because they gave you a ride qualifies you to be a gentleman, the chivalry is dead my friend. See you at work tomorrow. 5:30, don't forget." She opened the door and slammed it in his face. It wasn't a hard slam, but it made him angry nonetheless. He ground his teeth and stormed up to his room. 'The nerve of that girl! Augh, she makes me so…so…Grrrrr…she's indescribably evil, that's what she is. "Since when did you become a gentleman…" I'll show HER gentleman!'

Inu Yasha was still glowering when he stepped out of the hotel at seven. He was dressed in a black collared shirt, jeans tailored to fit, and a scowl on his youthful face. The thoroughly pissed hanyou was leaning against a marble pillar when Miroku drove up in his Station Wagon. The uniformed valets looked like someone had placed something disgusting under their noses when they saw the pile of junk stop out front. Inu Yasha ignored them and slid into the car. They sped off in silence until finally Miroku had to ask.

"What's eating you, dog boy?" Inu Yasha looked at the young producer with narrowed eyes. His friend had on a loose blue shirt and slightly baggy black pants.

"Kagome," he spat bluntly. Miroku froze. This was not going to be a pleasant conversation.

"What about her?" He asked nonchalantly.

"She gave me a ride home and she's staying at my hotel!" He barked. Miroku nodded, but had a quizzical look on his face.

"Why did she give you a ride home? Did something happen to your bike?" One look from the hanyou gave Miroku enough incentive to shut up. After ten minutes of intense quiet they pulled up in front of a restaurant/ brewery.

~*~*~*~

Chihiro-san: So what do you think? I feel that there are not enough "real life" Inu stories out there, and this sounded like a good idea for a fanfic. For those of you who like reading stories with the characters as real people, I'd suggest one called "Dead Famous". I forgot who wrote it, but it's awesome! Catch you later!