InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's Show Business ❯ That Third Pint's A Doozie ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha or anyone else mentioned below. But if I DID own Inu Yasha… I'd probably make him my personal servant. Just kidding. He'd be my adventure guide! I love to go on adventures!! ;D Please enjoy this Fanfic!

~*~*~*~

"Hello? Hi, yeah, I'd like two number eights, one-no-three number fours, three number twos, and a number twelve. No, this is for two. Mhm…. Mhm….Room number 234 at the Hidden Palm Hotel. Twenty-seven fifty? Okay. How long will it be? Alright. Thanks." Kagome set down the phone and turned on her bed to face Sango. She was taking her hair out of its long braid and holding numerous bobby pins between clamped teeth. Finally her hair was down and Sango took the pins out of her mouth.

"So how long will it take them?" She asked. Kagome shrugged a shoulder.

"He said about forty minutes."

"Forty?! I thought you said they were close to the hotel!" Sango was so hungry that she was almost temped to call up room service so they could have a snack while they waited for the food.

"It is close, but we ordered so much that it'll take them thirty of those forty minutes to cook. I swear; you have a bottomless hole for a stomach." Sango opened her mouth to protest and, as if on cue, her tummy growled. She grabbed her middle and blushed. Kagome began to laugh and eventually Sango's embarrassment faded away.

"So what did you do when you got home?" Kagome asked. Sango had grown up in Los Angelis, so she was staying with her parents. She rocked backwards and forwards on the paisley comforter.

"I hugged everyone, yelled at my step siblings, and blasted music in my old room. I'm so glad that my folks kept my room the way it was when I left. Not only was it fun to listen to my favorite artists from ten years ago, but I needed to listen to something besides Inu Yasha fumbling with his lines." Suddenly, the lights flicked on in Kagome's head.

"Oh, yeah, Inu Yasha! I drove him home after work today." Sango started. Kagome drove Inu Yasha home?! That was the equivalent of a real life `Twilight Zone'.

"You what?!" She yelped. Kagome smiled at her friend. Sango just didn't get that there was more to Inu Yasha than what everyone believed.

"I…drove…him…home…" She stated slowly, letting on that Sango was stupid. The make-up artist glared at her. "Well, actually, I drove him here."

"Wait, he didn't try anything, did he?" she cocked and eyebrow in suspicion and looked around the room. Kagome shook her head.

"Naw. I slammed the door on him before he could. I drove him here because he's staying at this hotel." Sango put a hand on the dialect coach's shoulder.

"I am so sorry," She said it with such sincerity that Kagome laughed and shrugged off the hand.

"It's alright. I only drove him here because he totaled his bike." Sango's eyes threatened to take over her face as they grew to an unnatural size. She obviously wasn't expecting to hear that he got in a car wreck.

"He totaled his bike?! Is he okay?!"

"He's fine. What had happened was he wasn't paying attention to the road and slammed into a stopped car. The bike flew over the car and slid into the middle of the four-way intersection. It was amazing; when the bike stopped moving there was almost no paint left on it. Of course Inu Yasha freaked and made a huge deal out of the matter. In the end, he told me that he was staying here and I drove him home."

"Man that must have been hell for him. If he wasn't already a materialistic, male chauvinist pig he sure is now. That bike was his only love." A soft knock floated into the room. Kagome slid off the bed and trudged over to the door. She handed the delivery boy her money and he helped her carry in the numerous boxes of Chinese food. They set the steaming cardboard containers down on a small oak desk. He straightened up, nodded to Sango, and left. As soon as the door clicked, the girls pounced on the food. Soy sauce flew from one girl to the other as they schlepped food into their mouths in a very unladylike manner. When at last the final egg roll had been devoured, the girls fell prostrate onto the carpet and moaned.

"Ugh…I'm so full…" groaned Kagome. Sango couldn't even reply. She just held onto her mouth for a good minute and a half before deciding that she wasn't going to be sick. They rested on the beige carpet for a while, then got to their feet and cleaned up their mess. When the room was clean again, they sat back down and continued talking

~*~*~*~

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU TOTALED YOUR BIKE!?" Miroku yelled. Inu Yasha shushed him and leaned in. Any attention directed towards them would only result in them running from numerous fans.

"It was an accident! Kagome was honking at me to tell me something, I got distracted, and now my beautiful Harley is nothing more than a smear on the sidewalk." Miroku placed his face in his hands. He was taking it almost as bad as Inu Yasha had, and it was his bike. They heard footsteps coming their way and Miroku put his hands down. A beautiful blonde waitress walked up to them, chewing gum in a bored way.

"What'll you have?" She asked, flipping out her notepad. Miroku began to order, but shot Inu Yasha a slightly worried look. He waved at the producer dismissively. He'd be paying.

"I'll have the sautéed halibut over rice with a creamy sauce," He folded up his menu and passed it to the middle.

"And to drink?" She blew a large pink bubbled and used her tongue to pull it back into her mouth.

"House beer?" He asked simply.

"It's called the `Home Run'." `Of course it is,' Inu Yasha thought. `This is the last sports bar that I'll ever go to. Miroku has such bad taste. I don't even like most sports.' He sighed and fidgeted with his napkin. Miroku ordered his beer and smiled sweetly at the young girl. She rolled her eyes, but when she stopped she noticed Inu Yasha. Her hands flew to her mouth as she gasped in surprise.

"Oh my God! This is so amazing! This is, like, the second time I've seen you today! Oh my God! Oh my God! Um," she tore off a slip of paper from her notepad and handed it to him with a pen. "Could I have your autograph?!" He looked at her questioningly before realization dawned. It was that girl he saw driving the pink car; `Candy' as he nicknamed her. He took the leaflet and smiled at her.

"Sure! I'd be happy to! Who do I make this out to?" She looked like she was about to hyperventilate. Tears filled her eyes and she was almost hopping up and down.

"Candy, my name's Candy!" She squealed. Inu Yasha's smile became fixed as he tried hard not to laugh. He never would have guessed that that was her real name. He just called every girl that was a drooling fan either `Candy' or `Barbie'. He scrawled out his name, drew a few hearts, and handed it back to her. She sighed and clutched it to her chest. Inu Yasha was a bit disgusted, but Miroku was completely green with envy.

"Um, could you finish taking our orders, doll? And here," Miroku said, handing her a twenty. "Don't make a scene." He winked at her and she passed him a sour look. When the ditsy waitress finished writing their orders, Miroku leaned across the table.

"How do you do it?" He almost whispered. Inu Yasha seemed to not grasp the question.

"Sorry, what? Do what?" Miroku sputtered and looked quite affronted.

"Do what?!" He repeated in an exasperated voice. "That! You can get every girl within a 500-mile radius to pant after you with just a smile! I can't even get a girl to look at me unless I grab -" Inu Yasha put a hand up to stop him. He really didn't want to hear any more of Miroku's sentence.

"I would trade lives with you anytime, my friend. All I get are blondes and morons. Life would be better if we were normal."

"We? What's this `we'? I am normal, buddy." Inu Yasha looked at him incredulously. "Okay, I'm not completely normal, but hey, who is?!" Candy returned with Miroku's gigantic beer and Inu Yasha's lemon tea. They had a somewhat peaceful evening, except for the occasional glance from women ranging in various ages. It was almost ten when they decided to go home. More to the point, Inu Yasha decided that it was time to go because Miroku couldn't decide much of anything after he finished off his third pint. The poor man was slurring his words as they got up to leave.

"So…tomorrow…thet's * hic* you an' me grad-no- trade * hic* placesssers." Inu Yasha sighed and helped his drunken friend to the car. They stopped when they reached the white Station Wagon and the unlucky hanyou forgot to ask Miroku where he was staying before he drank his second pint. He shrugged off the young man and had him use the car for support.

"Miroku? Where are you staying?" He looked up at Inu Yasha with a bleary-eyed expression.

"St- * hic* Staying? A-at the um…the um…Pleek, no, Plack?"

"Never mind. I'll just get you a room at the Hidden Palm. Could I have your keys?" Miroku puffed out his chest to intimidate his friend.

"Now listen you," He began as he staggered towards Inu Yasha. "These are my car, an' you can be driving them!" He handed over his keys and collapsed on the hard cement. Inu Yasha sighed, unlocked the car, and chucked his friend inside. Within the time range of four minutes they were at the hotel. He quickly arranged for a second room at the front desk while Miroku threw up on the backseat. When the contentious actor returned to find the car a mess, he dashed back into the lobby to arrange a rental car for the morning and a tow truck ASAP. He stamped back outside, tossed the keys to the nearest valet and grabbed his friend by the waist. He hauled the drunken reprobate to the elevator and dropped him off in his new accommodations. Inu Yasha wearily trudged back into the elevator and up to his own room. There, he merely kicked off his shoes and passed out on the bed.

~*~*~*~

It was still night when the telephone rang. Inu Yasha leapt up and fell off his bed in surprise, then blindly groped for the light switch. He fumbled with the phone for a minute or so, but finally gained control of it.

"Hullo?" He mumbled sleepily. An agitated female voice yelled into his ear.

"Where the hell are you?!" Inu Yasha almost jumped out of his skin when he heard who it was.

"Kagome?! What time is it?"

"It's a quarter to six! Get your ass down here! Naraku's on a rampage, he -- "

Suddenly, the phone was ripped from her fingers. Breathing like that of a bull moose filled the receiver. `Oh, shit. It's him. Like I really need to talk to "Mr. Director" this early in the morning,' Inu Yasha thought, bitterly.

"Listen, you little -alright- I'm going to cut you some slack for once. I know that you and Miroku got a little drunk last night, but that is no excuse to be late! You can do whatever you want when you have time off, but make sure you're sober when we need you! Fine, fine. Here's your phone back." Kagome's concerned voice came through.

"You are sober, aren't you? If you're still a little tipsy, I can pick you two up."

"No, Kagome, I…I don't need a ride. Thanks anyway." He hung up on her. She didn't need to know that he was the one who dragged Miroku back. She didn't care about him anyway. He slapped himself across the face. What was he doing?! He was late!

Inu Yasha threw himself across the room, trying to get dressed and preened at the same time. He had succeeded in putting on his jeans, a sock, and brushed his teeth when the phone rang again.

"Hey, Inu buddy…" It was Miroku. A strange, retching noise reached his furry ears. "Sorry, man. I have a major hangover. Oh, thanks about last night. Scared the crap out of me when I woke up, though. Hadn't a clue to where I was until I saw your note. So, what time do we need to be at the shoot?" Inu Yasha had managed to pull on a shirt and his other sock in the time it took Miroku to finish talking.

"About fifteen minutes ago." Miroku stopped dead. Obviously he hadn't seen a clock yet.

"You're shitting me," he finally answered. Inu Yasha had a comb clamped between his teeth as he tied his hair back in a ponytail.

"No I'm not. Get your ass in gear. I'm leaving in five minutes, with or without you." He hung up, grabbed his duffle bag, and sprinted down the stairs. He reached the ground floor just as Miroku ran out of the elevator. They skirted around bell boys and chubby tourists as they flew out of the hotel and to the car.

"Here you are, Mister Inu Yasha," droned a valet, handing him the keys to the black rental Jaguar. Miroku snatched the keys from the man and they hopped in. The two late risers were well on their way before Miroku noticed something.

"Wait a sec…this isn't my car," He examined the leather interior and dashboard.

"For the time being it is," Inu Yasha stated. "Your car was towed." Miroku looked disbelievingly at the hanyou.

"You let it be towed?!"

"I called the truck."

"YOU WHAT?! WHY!?" He sped through a red light by accident, but didn't seem to notice or care.

"Because you yakked up all over the backseat! And anyways, you hated that car."

"But that was my only car! I don't have one now!"

"Well, then. This is the perfect opportunity to buy a better one, now isn't it?" Miroku whimpered a bit, but then came to terms with the fact that Inu Yasha would not be dissuade. The rest of the seven minute car ride was spent in silence, save for the soft rock on the radio.