InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's Show Business ❯ What A Perfect Place For A Coffee Table ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha or anybody else. Especially not Nora Jones. She's an amazing singer person dude that I might have in later chapters. Or this one. So many surprises. Wow.

chihiro-san: Before I get started, I'd just like to give a special thanks to TopazQueen1188, meera, and angelbabe17. You guys just brighten up my day! Or night, as the case may be. It seems that I do my best work past midnight after chugging three sodas and OD-ing on Christmas cookies…COOKIES!!!! WHERE?! WHERE?! Oops. Uh…heh heh heh. Well now, that was embarrassing. Hey y'all, I'm so glad that you like my stuff. It's very reassuring to know that there are at least 1…2…3 people out there that like it. Reading reviews and hearing a generally positive response just…just *squeal*! I luv it. Oh! And I'd also like to recommend some people that you might like. Queen Klu's "Hanyou VS Evil Grandma" and Rozefire's "Dead Famous". I just love those stories and I thought that maybe you guys might like it too. I dunno. Check it out if you want. Now let's get the show on the road!

~*~*~*~

"Inu Yasha, your mail's here." His agent tossed a number of envelopes into his lap. He looked up at her, only slightly miffed, from his bowl of Coco Puffs.

"I thought that I asked you to sort out my mail each morning," he reminded her.

"This is sorted." He glanced down at the twenty-some odd parcels in his lap. `Wow. If this is sorted, then I don't want to see what unsorted would be like.' He set his chocolaty spoon down onto the pristine white tablecloth and leafed through his mail. `Bill, bill, desperate fan, bill, oho! What do we have here?' He picked a thick, cream-colored envelope out of the thick stack and stared at the fancy gold lettering on it. In curly, fancy, sparkling letters was the name `Inu Yasha, Flat #371, Huntington Street, New York, NY, USA'. Up in the sender's corner was scrawled the words `Premier Event'. Inu Yasha excitedly tore open the letter and let the envelope fall into his soggy, long-forgotten Coco Puffs.

*

"You are cordially invited to attend the Grand Premier of Naraku's `Bonaki'. We would be very pleased to see you there. The date of the event is May 18th, seven o'clock, at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood, California. The RSVP date is…" By then Kagome quit reading. It was amazing. In less than a month she would be seeing Inu Yasha again. Finally…after all of this time…She'd be able to see him again; to apologize for leaving. Maybe even change his heart about her. But that wasn't likely. `He's in love with Kikyo, not me. I mean, he slept with her! He must really love her to do something like that. I wish that he'd love me that much…WOAH! Bad thoughts! Bad thoughts! Bad, BAD Kagome! But…even so…I wouldn't mind…just once.' She drifted into dreamland for a few minutes before sitting bolt upright in her chair.

"What am I going to wear?!" she shrieked.

*

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sango, did you get one of these thi-wait. This isn't Sango. Who is this?"

"Miroku. Who's this?"

"It's Kagome, but that's beside the point! What are you doing at Sango's?" Even though she couldn't hear it, Kagome knew that the producer was blushing.

"Nothing…" God, he was easy to peg. She could almost feel the heat of his face as he flushed a deeper shade of red.

"You know what, I don't want to know. Just hand Sango the phone." With much grumbling, the phone was passed.

"Hello?"

"Sango!"

"Kagome?"

"No, it's Santa Claus, and I say that you've been very naughty!"

"Shut up."

"Oh, so it's true."

"SHUT UP!"

"Okay, fine. I was just wondering if you got an invitation to the `Grand Premier'."

"Yup. Just got it today. Miroku got one too, and he said that so did Inu Yasha." Kagome's heart skipped a beat. He received an invitation too. She mentally kicked herself. `Of course he's going to get one! He's the star, after all.'

"Great, thanks, that's all I wanted to know. Buh-bye!"

"Ciao."

*

"Hey, talk."

"Is that any way to answer a phone?"

"What do you want, Inu Yasha?"

"Honestly, Miroku, why would you think that I would want anything from you?"

"Because you're calling my cell phone and you sound sarcastic."

"Is Kagome going?" Seriousness clung to his voice like skin to leather car seats in the hot summertime sun.

"My, you don't beat about the bush, do you?"

"TELL ME!"

"Yes, she is. Happy?" Inu Yasha dropped the phone in shock. `She's going? SHE'S GOING?!?!?!?! YEAH!!!! Oh, HELL YEAH! WOOOHOOO! Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!' A small "hello?" came from the phone at his feet, yanking him back down from cloud nine. He dove for the phone and smacked his head against the glass coffee table.

"HOLY FRICK!" the hanyou yelped.

"What? Are you honestly that excited?"

"Oh Gods! NO! I hit my damned head on the coffee table!"

"Smart."

"Shut up, you! Aw shit. I'm getting blood on the carpet."

"Did you really hit your head that hard?"

"No, but I hit the corner, and you know head wounds."

"Yes, I do. I'm gonna go now before I yack up all over the receiver. Later."

"Sure." Inu Yasha threw the phone aside and clasped his gushing forehead. `Man, head wounds bled forever. I'm going to need attention soon.' "Darla…" he moaned pitifully. His agent trounced into the room like a mother hen in a frock and almost laid an egg when she saw him.

"OH MY GOD!" She screamed, throwing her hands over her mouth in shock. "What happened?!"

"I was attacked…"

"By who?!" she breathed in fear.

"That damned coffee table. Burn it for me, would you?" She looked about ready to burn him with her eyes, at the very least. She stormed over to him, whacked him upside the head, and snatched the phone up off of the floor.

"You jerk! You really had me going there for a second! Now, hold on for a second while I call the private hospital down the way." The white room began to swirl before his eyes and the monochromatic surroundings meshed together. He blinked a few times, but it wasn't his eyes. It was his head.

"Darla…I don't…"he slumped over onto his back, unconscious.

"Oh God, oh God, dial faster," she pleaded, staring in shock at her wounded employer. He was only passed out from loss of blood, and she knew that head wounds looked serious but weren't. Either way, seeing him unconscious and bleeding profusely made her frightened.

*

Small, brightly colored dots swirled before his eyes. Inu Yasha tried to sit up, but was unable to. Suddenly, a familiar face appeared by his side. Darla was sitting next to him in…well…he didn't rightly know where he was, but he did know that it smelled way too sterile.

"I-I'm in the hospital, aren't I?" He mumbled, still groggy.

"Four stitches later, the prince awakes. You moron! You have no idea of how embarrassed I was when I had to tell the doctors that you hit your head on the coffee table! Not only that, but you cracked the glass, got a chunk embedded into your skin, and now the carpet is ruined! This'll cost a shit load because SOMEBODY was way too enthusiastic about their girlfriend showing up at a formal thing."

"She's not my girlfriend!" he shouted indignantly.

"Whatever. Are you done being clumsy, or would you rather just spend the night here?"

"You mean I can go?"

"Duh. Come on." She got up to leave, but he didn't follow right away. `"She's not my girlfriend!"…I wish she was, but she'd never have it. Kagome's just too stubborn. Plus, she's still in love with Kouga. Man, I'm an ass. I never should have pushed her to break up with him. He seemed…good for her. Better than I could ever be at any rate.'

"Are you coming?" Darla snapped. He popped back into reality, hopped out of bed, swayed slightly, and followed her out of the door.

~*~*~*~

chihiro-san: Yes, I know. You're probably thinking: `CURSE HER! ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER!' But guess what? The "Premier" do-hickey is next so this chappie has to be short. Think about it. I'll skip ahead a month so that we're at the Premier instead of wading you through another page or so of time-wasting. Let the thought ruminate in your scull. Ponder it. Ponder. Isn't that a weird word? Ponder. Think about it. Who comes up with words, anyway? I must have a little talk with "The Word Wizard". He needs cooler words. Like salres or something. Where did the original words come from? Did someone just walk up to a rock one day and proclaim "I say, old chums! This thing here seems to be hard and amorphously shaped. I know! I'll call it `rock'!" "Yes, yes, very good, yes." Makes you wonder…Ponder…hm! Woah. Why did I just go on that little tangent? Huh. I think it was that eighteenth soda. And the fact that it's waaaaaayyyyyyyy late. Hee heee. Well, I'm gonna leave before this gets any worse. Buh-bye!