InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of Darkness ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Here is a list of the kids. Their names, ages, sex, who they belong to, and the meaning of their names.

Kiyoshi - 7 - M - I/K - Quiet
Aiko - 7 - F - I/K - Little Love
Misa - 3 - F - I/K - Unknown
Midori - 3 - F - I/K - Green
Mitsuko - 3 - F - I/K - Child of the Light
Teito - 7 mos - M - I/K - Unknown

Naoko - 6 - M - M/S - Honest
Toshihiro - 3 - M - M/S - Wise
Chika - 2 - F - M/S - Wisdom

Part 2

~*~*~

Kagome looked up from her green tea and sighed. “Maybe this wasn’t a good idea.” She stood up and walked over to the bedroom door and hit it once. The giggling in the next room stopped.

Sango looked at Kagome. “You were the one that said okay when they asked.” She smiled at her friend. “I thought a night over with nine kids was a bit much.”

“Yes but you live close so if they get out of hand you can pick up your three.”

“And disappoint Miroku? Ever since you said yes, he’s been acting like a little kid on Christmas. He’s been complaining a lot recently that we never have any ‘quality’ time together.” Sango snorted. “Yeah, right. All I have to say is that three kids is enough. If I get pregnant again, he’s raising this one on his own.”

“If I can handle six, you can handle four.”

“You’re pregnant?” Miroku walked in from outside and nuzzled his wife’s neck. “Well that doesn’t add up. We haven’t done anything to get you in that condition. Who have you been sneaking around with?”

“You are going to get smacked, Miroku, if you keep that up. No quality time for you if you don’t behave.” Instantly, Miroku straightened up and moved to sit next to his love.

“I think we should be heading home, now anyway. It’s getting late.” Miroku took Sango’s hand and kissed it.

“Oh, sure. Leave us to handle the munchkins. You better be back early tomorrow morning, Miroku, or so help me, I’m going to drag you back here.” Inuyasha walked in from the night and folded his arms.
“Alright, alright. We’ll be back early.” Miroku stood up and guided Sango out the door. “Goodnight.”

“We should be heading to bed now, too, Kagome. It is getting late.” Inuyasha closed the door behind his friends and walked over to his beloved. He took Kagome’s hand and led her to the bedroom, pausing briefly to hit the door where sounds of giggles were coming from, again.

Four hours later, the sound of a large explosion woke Inuyasha and Kagome. Inuyasha raced outside to see what had happened, while Kagome checked on the children, all of whom were now awake.

Kagome guided the children outside, to keep sight on them. As soon as they were all outside, Kagome saw that Sango and Miroku were already there. Inuyasha was looking in the direction of the villlage and speaking quickly to Miroku.

“Kagome, you and Sango stay here with the munchkins. Inuyasha and I are going to go to the village and help.” Miroku spoke softly to avoid alarming the children.

“Not a chance. You’re going to need us both. I can sense there are demons in the village. A lot of them.” Kagome looked over at the children. “Kiyoshi.”

Kiyoshi, who had been listening in on their little conversation, jumped. He walked quickly over to his mother.

Kagome kneeled down and looked her son in the eyes. “Kiyoshi, I want you and Aiko to take all the kids into the woods. Stay together and stay out of sight. Your father and I are going to go down into the village with Aunt Sango and Uncle Miroku to see if we can help. We’ll find you when we’re done down there. If anything happens, and you think you have to leave, go down the well. Gramma will let you guys sleep at the house. K?”

“Okay, Mom. You can count on me.”

Kagome kissed Kiyoshi’s forehead and stood up. She and the others headed down the path that led to the village at a run.

Kiyoshi looked back at the others. They looked scared. “Stay here a minute.” He headed inside the little shed next to the house and pulled out the large sled that Miroku and Inuyasha had made to accommodate all the children. He pulled it out and ordered the others to sit on it. After all the kids, minus Aiko, who refused to be pulled when she could help, were on the sled, Kiyoshi and Aiko began to pull the sled through the woods.

When they came to a spot that was overgrown, they stopped. They would be able to hide themselves in the brush and still be able to see anyone that approached.

They were there for no more than ten minutes when a large explosion made them all jump. “Stay here ” Kiyoshi yelled over his shoulder as he took off towards the sound of the explosion. ‘I think that was the house.’

He raced through the woods with as much stealth as his father and he reached a horrible sight. It had been the house that had exploded. It was engulfed in flames and a very big demon was standing in the middle of it. It was emitting a terrible screeching sound that was so loud, Kiyoshi had to cover his ears. But Kiyoshi was able to make out what the demon was screeching and it made his blood run cold.

“WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS THE SHIKON NO TAMA? I MUST HAVE IT!”

Kiyoshi hesitated only the briefest of seconds before tearing off into the burning house. In the back of the house was a small, yet well protected shrine that housed the jewel. But the main protection was his fathers sword, and Inuyasha had taken that down to the village with him. And it was up to Kiyoshi to get the jewel out of the house and away from the big demon.

‘This had to be planned. There is no way this is coincidence.’ Kiyoshi rushed through the burning house, feeling the heat lick at his exposed skin, grateful to his father for making him a Firerat Kimono. He reached the back of the house and quickly opened the shrine. He grabbed the jewel and ran as fast as he could back out.

Kiyoshi wasn’t as lucky coming out as he had been going in. The demon saw him and tried to stomp on him as he ran out. The demon missed, but Kiyoshi fell. He rolled over and took off on all fours into the underbrush towards the well. But the demon seemed to know where he had been heading and lumbered after him, getting to the well first.

“GIVE ME THE SHIKON NO TAMA! GIVE ME THE SHIKON NO TAMAAAA!” Kiyoshi cringed and covered his ears against the roar, backing away from the frightful monster.

The demon noticed Kiyoshi backing away and slammed his overly large arm down on top of the well, crushing it inwards. Kiyoshi gasped in horror. What now?

“GIVE ME THE JEWEL OR YOU WILL DIE!”

Kiyoshi stared at the demon, unable to move. What was he going to do? The demon seemed to grow tired of Kiyoshi just standing there and started to move at him.

“Kiyoshi, RUN!”

Kiyoshi whipped his head around to see Aiko dart out of the woods. She grabbed her brother’s arm and yanked him out of the way as the lumbering demon stomped on the spot where Kiyoshi had been standing.

Together the siblings raced away from the roaring demon. “I’m sorry, Aiko! I shouldn’t have froze like that!”

“It’s okay! But I better hold on to the jewel! I can hide it better with my life force! ”

When they reached the shrubs, the others were staring wide eyed at the pair. “We can’t wait for our parents. We have to leave before that demon finds us.” Kiyoshi did a head count before grabbing one of the ropes tied to the sled. Aiko grabbed the other and together, they pulled the seven children through the woods.

~*~*~

Well, here's part 2. What do you think? Did you like it? Hope so. ^_^ believe it or not it's been over a month since I've written anything on this story. LoL Oh well. I think it tunred out okay. Please R/R ~_~