InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Binding Of Lonely Hearts ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Binding Of Lonely Hearts
By: AngelAnita
XxXxXx

Chapter 6 Review...

Pushing the depressing thoughts aside, he went and lay down beside her on the ground. Sighing, he took her right hand in his and held it assuringly. Closing his tired eyes, he drifted off to sleep with only one thought on his mind: things would be all right.
XxXxXx
Chapter 7

Later that night, Kagome awoke, and began to cough uncontrollably; she couldn't breathe.

I'm suffocating…I…can't…breathe…


Someone beside her began to rub her back in soothing circles, helping along the air flow. The deep voice began to whisper things to her, telling her everything would be alright.

Close your eyes, breathe deeply, exhale slowly; put your hand on your chest, if it will help you.”

She did just as the voice
said, and strangely enough, found herself being able to inhale and exhale air once more.

After she
'd began breathing normally again, her body swayed, and her head felt heavy.

I hurt all overso badlyit's making me dizzy…I think I'll just rest for a li—

The person that had been making soothing circles on her back stopped, and began to poke her sides.

What are you doing? That hurts! In case you haven't noticed, I'm not in a state to be poked!

He sighed heavily, and then spoke in a soft, calm voice.

You cannot rest right now, wench; I have strict orders. Instead, I have something that might help you feel better.

Grabbing a pail and a cloth, he dipped the rag into the bucket of water, and began to wash down Kagome's legs.

Ahh! That tickles, you know! She began to laugh, despite the pain she was in.

I'm washing off your old salve, and putting on a new layer; it'll help you heal faster. You're a miko; you already heal quickly, due to the power running in your soul.

Kagome looked questioningly at him, but before she could voice anything, he continued.

Demons are like that, too; we have special blood that helps us heal about ten times as fast as even the most powerful of mikos.

Her eyes widened in surprise, but she nodded her head in understanding.

Soon, an uncomfortable silence fell over them as Inuyasha continued to reapply the salve.

Are youa full demon,? she asked, letting the curiosity get the better of her.

Inuyasha contemplated telling her the truth, and decided that she couldn't possibly be anyone of questionable morals.

Shaking his head, he elaborated.
I'm a hanyou; half-demon, half-human.

Kagome nodded her head in understanding, and then inspected her arm.

I guess it got snapped as I fell…” she trailed off, speaking of her arm as if it didn't hurt.

Inuyasha stared coldly at the girl that
resembled his last love, and couldn't help his next question.

What's your name, wench?

Rolling her eyes at his offending nickname, she stared at him emotionlessly.

Kagome, but what's it to you?”

Kagomeher name is Kagomeit really was a beautiful name; it suited her quite well, actually

Waving a hand in front of his face, he snapped out of his reverie, and then made a keh noise.

I like wench better, so I guess I'll stick with that, he replied with a smirk on his face.

Oh yeah? Well it isn't going to stick for long, because as soon as I can, I'm going home.

Inuyasha smirked again, showing his fangs in the process.

That's okay wench, I'll just come and visit you whenever I feel like it.

Kagome looked more annoyed as the conversation went along, which was exactly what he
'd hoped for.

No, you can't come home with me; I live…” she struggled to find words which explained where she lived. I live in the future, she finished bluntly, not knowing any other way to say it.

He looked strangely at her, not fully understanding what she meant.

That well over in the field? It takes me to my home, which is in the future. I'm surprised you didn't ask about my weird clothes, she said with a small smile on her face.

Things made a little more sense, but he still
didn't understand this future business.

It didn
't really matter, though; as soon as she was feeling better, she'd go her way, and he'd go his

Oh, never mind; it's not like you need to understand, anyway! I'll be going home, and then you'll be doing whatever it is that you do here, right?

He nodded strangely, and for some reason


Inuyasha didn
't want her to go.

Come on, that's complete stupidity. She's just a stupid mikowhat do Icare if shegoes back home, and I never see her again?

Another voice in his head kicked in, ignoring his previous thought.

You idiot, you like her; just admit it. She's interesting, pretty, and stubborn; thissounds like a match made in heaven.

No, Idon't; you don't know anything! Besides, I don't even know this Kagome girl! How can you like someone you don't even know?

It's called love-at-first-sight, duh.

Inuyasha resisted the temptation to groan, and opened his eyes, snapping back into the present.

Where did Kagome go
?

Glancing around the room, he saw her form leaning against the hut
's doorway. She was panting and sweating, but despite that, she continued to walk with baby steps, further and further along the dirt path.

Kagome, you can't be walking around yet; your body isn't ready, you baka!

She froze in mid stride, turning around fully to take a look at him.

That's the first time he said my name

Dropping onto the ground, she groaned when all of her muscles protested at the sudden movement.

She hung her head, willing the tears away from her eyes.

Kagome
's entire body hurt so badly…but she'd still tried to go home

Inuyasha could smell the salty water before he even approached her, and gently picked up her form into his arms.

You shouldn't try to be so strong, Kagomeyou might hurt yourself even more, and you wouldn't want that, would you?

Why the hell am Ibeing so caring of some stupid human? Look at what she's doing, trying to walk around in her current stateshe's practically begging to reopen all of her wounds!

The other voice in his head responded angrily, disagreeing with his first statement.

Look at how strong she's being; wouldn'tyou be crying, whining, or showing your pain if you were in her state? I doubt you'd be moving around like she is!

Inuyasha
couldn't think of an argument, knowing that the other voice was right; he'd probably be whining like a baby

Growling in annoyance, he continued walking back to Kaede
's hut while Kagome struggled against him.

I can walk by myself, you know?!

Dropping her unceremoniously onto the ground, he left her there as he walked.

HEY! What was THAT for? You could have hurt me!

Turning around and glancing at her from on the ground, he grinned devilishly.

You can get me back when you're feeling up to it.

XxXxXx

Two days later


I'm going to get you back from before, you ass; I didn't forget!

Chasing him across the field, she did her best to keep up with the half-demon she
'd come to know as Inuyasha.”

First of all, he said, stopping in mid-jog, My name is Inuyasha, and second…”

Watching her panting in front of him when she
'd caught up, he grinned. She'd made a lot of progress within the past few days; the only thing that needed healing was her broken arm, which was coming along wonderfully, according to Kaede.

And second…” he stopped, not knowing what he was going to say.

Kagome grinned devilishly,
and knew exactly what she was going to do.

And second, she repeated, I owe you back for last time!

Pouncing on him, she pushed him onto the ground, straddling him in the process.

Ha! Kagome exclaimed triumphantly, and then doing a little side-to-side bouncing dance as she continued to sit on him.

Inuyasha withheld the strong urge to groan out in bliss
it might've been sick, but he was getting pleasure from her innocent bouncing on hiswell

Seeing the sudden emotion change in his eyes, Kagome realized where she was sitting, and what she was doing.

Oh god

She was about to jump off of him, but he held fast, not letting her up off of his form.

Where do you think you're going, Kagome?

He said my nameagainI need to start getting used to this

Sitting up, he took his hands, and caressed her cheeks, her hair, and her lips with the tips of his fingers.

She closed her eyes, enjoying the light contact on her skin.

What are we doingwe barely know one anotheryet it feels so rightthey both thought at the same time, but didn't dare to voice their thoughts.

Kagome bit her lip, and just before he moved to kiss her, got up off his lap, and ran to the well. She had to get back home; she hadn't been home in over two days now.

Besides, she was starting to get uncomfortable around him
strange feelings occupied her stomach, and she didn't want to find out what that meant just yet.

As he watched her form move away as fast as possible, Inuyasha didn't bother to follow her, and stayed at the base of the tree trunk, still mesmorized.

I like this girloh damn

XxXxXx

Author's Note

As you should know (but if you don
't, I'll re-cap for you) this story is ON HOLD.

I'm lucky that I was able to write a chapter, soI hope everyone enjoyed it. I'll do my best to write chapters a little more oftenso maybe I could get a chapter in every two weeks.

With me being in my first year of college, there is a lot of reading and homework to be done, and despite the fact that
I love writing, schooling has to come first.

As a side note, in
case you didn't notice, there's a HUGE flashback, and it's going to take place for quite a long timeyou'll know when it ends, because I'll write end flashbackso everyone knows about it.SO, for the time being, Kagome isn'tgoing to be her punky self.

Thank you to those that are STILL reading this story, even though
I haven't updated in months.

Your reviews are greatly appreciated; so much that
I'll write review notes.

HOWEVER, if you do NOT want me to write review notes for you, or you won
't read the responses I write, then please say so, and I won't.

Review Notes:

HuHu_huggiez - Ah, I'm glad you like the story so far! It'll get a little mushy as things progress, but, it won't be unbearably so, or at least not for a while. Thank you for your support, it really means a lot to me. I hope you'll keep reading and reviewing in future chapters!

InuYashasLoveLorn - Oh, I'm sorry I didn't “update soon” as you requested; I hope you aren't too mad at me for it. As I said, I've got college and a lot of homework to do, so…future chapters WILL be posted, but not as frequently; after all, I guess the story is still technically on hold… I hope you'll keep reading and reviewing in future chapters!

Curious_C
- Ahhh, Carly lol! I bet you gave up on this story a long time ago, or at least forgot about it by now; but I forgive you! Either way, I know you'll always support me for my writing and such, and I appreciate that a lot. I hope you'll keep reading and reviewing in future chapters!

InuYashasLoveLorn (nsi sry) - Once again, I didn't “update soon,” or at least I don't think I did…oh my -_-;; Anyway, as I said in my first review to you, I'm working on it, dammit! ^_^ Please continue to support me, as I continue to write!

InuYashasLoveLorn (nsi) - Oh, my, god. You are DEFINITELY a dedicated reviewer! This is the third review I've received from you, and that's totally amazing. I'm so happy that I'll always have at least one person as excited about this story as I am! I'm really sorry for letting you down with the whole slow-update thing…I'll work on it, I promise.

Xiantaru89 - I love LP, too! Aren't they wonderful? Haha, thanks so much, I'm glad you're excited about the story! I don't know where it'll be going, but I think it'll be good! I hope you'll keep reading and reviewing in future chapters!

Megan Consoer - I like the story a lot, too, LOL! (Without trying to sound conceited.) I'm writing as many chapters as my time allows; I'm also writing “Eyes Like Yours,” and I also have another account on mediaminer, so I have to write chapters for those stories, too, but I'll do whatever I can. (And yes, I think the pairing will be SessKag, so don't worry too much about it.)

Thank you SO much to all of my dedicated readers and reviwers…if I still have any left, that is.

Until the next chapter!

Sincerely,

-AngelAnita






































< br>