InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Choices Made ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three
 
Kagome did what she said she had to do for the next few days-go to school, and prepare to go back, but Sesshomaru was always close behind. Kagome did wish that he wouldn't wear those clothes, especially the fur (it is NOT a tail), and the moon and stripes were a bit obvious, but she hoped everyone would think that he was in some kind of gang like her friends did of Inuyasha. He did follow her around a lot. He followed her to school even. He stayed more out of sight then Inuyasha did. She was grateful for that, and also he caused less trouble. It was a good thing too, because she wouldn't be able to control him with a “sit” command like she could with Inuyasha.
 
Today though she was going shopping one more time for the trip back. What was Sesshomaru going to do while she was gone? She should probably just stay and get him more used to her world since he was probably going to have to live here. Souta could probably keep him entertained with his video games, especially the fighting ones like Soul Caliber 2 and such. Maybe she could even get Grandpa to even stop trying to put restraining spells on Sesshomaru. She would stay until Inuyasha would get her. If he really wanted her, he would come. Why was it always her who went back to him? Now he would have to decide who he wanted more-Kikyou or her.
 
 
 
 
He had found Kikyou and they had talked. He had promised again always to love and protect her, followed with a kiss and hug. Kikyou seemed unforgiving as always, but she didn't pull away from the hug or kiss. Now he had to go back to Kagome and look for the rest of the shards and also avenge Kikyou's death by killing Naraku.
 
But what then? Kikyou would be gone, but would also Kagome? She would have no more of a reason to be here. He may not admit it or act like it, but he actually enjoyed her company a little bit…well, actually a lot.
 
He could smell the people of Keade's village as he approached it-Kaede, Sango, Shippo, Miroku, but no Kagome. Mad at him no doubt. When she came back, he would, no doubt, be sat many times. He winced as he thought about it. This time he was sure that he would made at least a foot deep imprint in the ground due to Kagome's anger.
 
“Inuyasha. You baka!” yelled Shippo. “Kagome has been gone for nine days now. Where have you been, and why haven't you brought Kagome back. Go and apologize so she will come back. Don't you want to see her again?”
 
“Why you little-“ Inuyasha replied angrily. He whacked Shippo over the head. “It's up to her whether she comes back or not. Feh. I have nothing to apologize for. I have done nothing wrong.”
 
Still…she had never stayed in her time for over a week. Maybe he should go and get her…
 
 
 
 
Sesshomaru was interesting…everyone loved to seem to love and respect him when they met him. Kagome was expecting people to fear him. Admiration was not something that she had expected, especially that she was noticing that it was coming from herself as well. Schoolwork (now that she was finally catching up on it) as well as Sesshomaru's curiosity about her world and his constant hanging around her kept Kagome too busy to think about going back. As well as that, she had decided that Inuyasha could come and get her this time.
 
Time to stop reflecting and get back to the task at hand. After being away for so long, it was hard to go back to concentrating at what the teachers were droning on about. Right now, she was in history class…learning about the Warring States Era. Ok, back to daydreaming. She could teach the lessons in this class-about all the demons and the bandits and the small villages everywhere. She could teach about the demon slayers, monks, Shikon no tama, and…about hanyous...
 
She cared about Inuyasha…that's why it hurt so much when he went to Kikyou, and when he wasn't coming to get her, like now. Did it even bother him that his brother was here now? Or even that she was starting to care about Sesshomaru?
 
The bell rang. As the class started to empty, she grabbed her books getting ready to go to English. Why she bothered with that class, she wondered. There was no way she could practice it in the Feudal Era; it was a few hundred more years until the English came, although she was good in it.
 
“Um, Higurashi?”
 
“Yes Hojo-kun?”
 
“Would you like to come with me to the movies sometime?” he said while getting very red.
 
“Well, my…cousin is over, and I guess I should be entertaining him, so I don't think I can.”
 
“Well, do you think we could go if we bring him along? I mean, he would get a chance to meet some more people in him life besides family, and we could all have fun.”
 
“I guess that would be ok then” Kagome replied although she was hoping that the excuse would work. Maybe Sesshomaru would actually behave this time. The bell rang. “Guess I'm off then. Bye Hojo-kun.”
 
 
 
 
 
The weekend arrived all too early. Sesshomaru still insisted on wearing his silk, armor, and the weird furry thing he always wore.
 
`Am I to be their chaperone?' thought Sesshomaru grudgingly.
 
Kagome had other thoughts; `Please let Sesshomaru behave and not try to kill anyone or do anything stupid. Just let him act like a normal person.'
 
`This is it…I have to prove my love for her once and for all. But first, I have to get rid of this human. This human seems to be friends with her though, so how do I get Kagome to myself without hurting him?-physically hurting him'.
 
 
 
 
“What is taking her so long?!” Inuyasha started pacing around the well. He looked around to make sure no one was looking. “Damnit! Feh!” With that said, Inuyasha jumped into the well.
 
Inuyasha through open the shrine doors and started running around the shrine grounds. “Kagome! KA-GO-MEEEEE!!!” Inuyasha ran into the house and was met by Souta.
 
“Brother Inu. Kagome is out with Hojo and Sesshomaru and wont be back a few hours” explained Souta. “Don't take this the wrong way, but you kinda need a bath. You want to take a bath with me?” (NOTE: in episode 82, Souta takes a bath with Inuyasha)
 
“Not that fucking hot water again! I don't have time for this. Tell me how to find Kagome.”
 
“I don't know exactly where they are…”
 
“Feh!” was InuYasha's reply before he ran out the door.
 
He ran out onto the street, then started jumping from building to building. Did Souta say Sesshomaru? He must be imagining things. He finally spotted Kagome, and dropped down behind her.
 
“Kagome, what's the big idea keeping us waiting?”
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome couldn't believe Inuyasha. He runs away making them wait, then he has the nerve to come and bother her? She wanted to use the “Osuwari” command on him so badly…”Inuyasha, come with me for a moment..” she said sweetly and started walking toward the alleyway. “Please excuse me for a moment, Hojo-kun and Sesshomaru.”
 
Inuyasha looked at her questionly, then got a big smile on his face, and followed her into the alleyway.
 
“OSUWARI!”
 
Kagome walked back out fuming. “I'm sorry Hojo-kun and Sesshomaru, but we have to cut this short. I have to go back home now.”
 
Kagome bowed, went back got a screaming Inuyasha, and dragged Sesshomaru and Inuyasha back home. This got Inuyasha to become quiet.
 
 
 
 
Well, now that Inuyasha had come to get her, Kagome knew that she had to go back. What would Sesshomaru do while she was gone? Would he cause trouble for her mom and Souta? She would just have to trust him.
 
“Sesshomaru, I have to go back now…I have to find the rest of the Shikon Shards. Also, there is this little problem of defeating Naraku that we have to take care of. Will you be fine when I'm gone?”
 
Inuyasha interrupted. “Kagome, let's go! It's been way over a week!” With that said, Inuyasha grabbed Kagome, and jumped down the well.
 
“Inuyasha! Osuwari! Why you inconsiderate, jealous, stubborn…Sesshomaru?”
 
Sesshomaru suddenly showed up in the well.