InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Closed Door Just Might Open ❯ discussions ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! NOO!! God no! Why! …I'm back in school. summer went by too fast. That's partly why I haven't been able to write. I've never been so busy in all my life! I can barely write now, but I'll try my best. Half of this may be done one week while the rest will be done the next. That's how busy I am.
 
iguana girl: thank you for clearing that up for me. kokoronagomu: thank you for reviewing and saying it was funny. anime_lover_kohaku: that's so cool you relate to her. Question: what other storIES? I've only had one other besides this one. Yeah, I will. I forgot I need to do that more. I tell everybody this. I try to make them long, but they just don't come out this way. I'm working on it. Brandospands: I knew you looked familiar when I looked at your profile. Then I saw the pictures and I was like, “Oh yeah!” you draw so well, it looks exactly like them. I wish I could do that. I kinda can when I look at a picture, but you can see a difference.
 
On with the story.
 
The Closed Door Just Might Open
 
Chapter 13: discussions
 
As good as sleep sounds, it just wouldn't come for me. I was still tossing and turning for thirty whole minutes. I sighed, defeated, and pulled myself out of bed. If I couldn't sleep, there was no point lying in bed waiting for it to happen. I walked over to my computer and landed myself in my chair.
 
It may be irrational and he might not even be there, but I had nothing else to do and I knew he would make me feel better, at least make me think logically. I log on looking for him and surprisingly, he's here. I look at the clock at the bottom right of the screen. He's online at 4:19 AM? what is he doing online at 4:19 AM?
 
(father'sfailure has just logged on)
 
father'sfailure: wat the Hell r u doing on at 4:20 in the morning?
 
unwantedhanyou: …i could ask u the same thing.
 
father'sfailure: i couldn't sleep.
 
unwantedhanyou: did it occur to u that i possibly couldn't sleep either?
 
father'sfailure: *flat stare*
 
unwantedhanyou: ok ok. i was lost track of time looking at ur pics.
 
father'sfailure: that's more believable. so…u were looking at my pics, were u?
 
unwantedhanyou: u know i look at them all the time. and u have 20 pages of pictures. plus, i had to look at ur faves to see other talented artists.
 
father'sfailure: u sound really awake.
 
unwantedhanyou: i had a scare today.
 
father'sfailure: aw, tell me all about it.
 
I had a long time to wait before I got a response.
 
unwantedhanyou: well my friend came over at an unexpected time and she met my cousins.
 
father'sfailure: whoa! that's so creepy!
 
unwantedhanyou: wat!
 
father'sfailure: i met my friend's cousins today!
 
unwantedhanyou: wow! that's weird!
 
father'sfailure: but my friend wasn't there when i was introduced.
 
unwantedhanyou: i was barely there when she came.
 
father'sfailure: ur friend's a girl?
 
unwantedhanyou: yeah
 
father'sfailure: my friend's a guy
 
unwantedhanyou: that's scarily creepy
 
father'sfailure: can u say that?
 
unwantedhanyou: that's how i'm saying it, so i can
 
father'sfailure: it's like we've had the same day.
 
unwantedhanyou: yeah, isn't that weird.
 
father'sfailure: wow, u made me forget about wat I originally wanted to talk about. ur good.
 
unwantedhanyou: wat'd u want to talk about?
 
father'sfailure: I had the freakiest dream last night. or this night? ugh, just now.
 
unwantedhanyou: wat was it about?
 
I hesitated. I couldn't tell him everything. Hell, I couldn't tell Sango everything. I doubt I'm even gonna tell Sango about my dream. I just needed someone to talk to reasonably about this.
 
father'sfailure: well my guy friend was there and one of his cousins was there. and then there was a bright light and his cousin was gone and only my friend was there.
 
unwantedhanyou: r u sure ur `friend' is a friend?
 
father'sfailure: HE'S JUST A FRIEND! seriously! i thought i could talk to u and u'd understand. but u reacted like everyone else.
 
unwantedhanyou: ok ok. enough teasing. but u might. if u've dreamed about him that could mean deep down inside, u may like him. even if u don't know it yet.
 
father'sfailure: maybe. that kinda helps. ur good at this.
 
unwantedhanyou: no, i'm not. all my friends say that, at least.
 
father'sfailure: so how can u talk to me like this?
 
unwantedhanyou: i don't know. great artists are more comfortable with each other.
 
father'sfailure: how does that work? ur not great. u suck, actually.
 
unwantedhanyou: oh, thanks.
 
father'sfailure: wat? i'm just being honest
 
unwantedhanyou: yea yea. did i at least help?
 
father'sfailure: u would've if i wanted to like the guy. otherwise, no. thanks for trying though. u cleared my head. i think i'm goin to sleep.
 
unwantedhanyou: srry. night, failure.
 
father'sfailure: night, unwanted.
 
I logged off the computer and headed back over to my bed. I laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling until I could fall asleep.
 
****************************
 
Nothing exciting happened the rest of the break. And before I knew it, we were back at school. Crap, I didn't want to go back. Apparently, that's not up to me. I felt myself moving in slow motion the day we went back. I woke up and just laid on the bed for about ten whole minutes before deciding to get up and ready. I wasn't putting effort into finding what to wear and where all my school materials were. I headed downstairs and didn't even rush to get a slice of toast. I took time to get a bagel and smother it in cream cheese, not caring what time I'd get at school. I had to say, it was one of the best bagels I'd had in a long time.
 
I calmly walked to school on this peaceful, cloudy day, listening to Augustana all the way. I didn't stop at the park along the way, just kept going. I didn't need to draw this morning. I was content on just listening to my music, watching the clouds go by. And that's how I was found; staring at the sky through the leaves of the tree I was under as music played softly in my ears, comforting me.
 
“Don't you look relaxed?” came a voice from above me. I paused my music as I sat up to lean against the trunk of the tree, looking at Inuyasha in front of me.
 
I crossed my arms behind my head with a look of tranquility on my face. “Yep, I guess so.” I dropped my hands and slumped further down the tree trunk as he walked over with his backpack slung over his shoulder. He sat down next to me and we both watched the clouds go by as a light drizzle started.
 
“So did you have a fun break?” he teased. I smiled. “It was entertaining. How was yours?” He matched my smile as he answered, “Entertaining.” I hit him in the arm.
 
“What?” he asked, rubbing his arm when it obviously didn't hurt.
 
“Come up with your own!” I explained.
 
“But you have all the answers,” he replied. I fixed him with a flat look.
 
“Ok fine. But you are pretty smart.” I smile at the compliment.
 
I playfully shove him. “Whatever.” Then I remembered something I wanted to ask him.
 
“Oh, Yash!”
 
“Hmm, what?”
 
“Why didn't you tell me about your cousins visiting?” A look of shock appears over his face. He took a pause, looking at me the whole time.
 
“They came at the last minute. We didn't even know they were coming,” he explained.
 
“Why weren't you there when I came over and met them?”
 
“I had somewhere to be,” he answered quickly.
 
“You had somewhere to be at eight in the morning?” I asked, skeptical.
 
“Well…i…” he stuttered. “I don't have to tell you everything!” he decided on saying. My brow furrowed in confusion, wondering what he would need to keep from me. Whatever, I guess I don't need to know. I'd just like to.
 
“Ok,” I stated, ending that conversation.
 
“Want to know something?” I asked.
 
“Hmm?” he hummed, lying face up, twirling a lock of his bangs to pass the time.
 
“I like your cousin, Bankotsu. He was kinda cute actually,” I said truthfully. He stilled his movements and sat up to look at me with wide eyes.
 
“Are you serious?” he responded incredulously. I nodded. The look stayed on his face as he turned his head to look forward into space.
 
I waved my hand before his eyes. “You ok in there?” I questioned.
 
“Are you saying you want to date him?” he asked, wondering what exactly I'm implying; not that I'm implying anything. I decide to have fun with him. I scrunch up my face in thought before nodding innocently. A stunned look came on his face and it looked like it was frozen there.
 
“Hello?” I asked, curiously, wondering if he hadn't lost his mind. The look remained.
 
“Yash?” The look remained. I roll my eyes.
 
“Oh come on I was kidding!” I exclaim. The look disappeared to be replaced by confusion.
 
“What?” he asked uncertain.
 
“No I don't want to date him.” he sighed with relief. “I don't date my friend's cousins, unlike some people.”
 
“Ah…well, you weren't my friend when I started dating your cousin so…” he tried to explain, becoming flustered, making a smile appear on my face as he attempted to do so.
 
“I'm kidding. I don't care that you're dating my cousin. Although I think you could do better,” I mumbled the last part.
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing,” I replied quickly. Inuyasha rolled his eyes as we both looked at the sky.
 
Inuyasha stood up and held out his hand for me to take.
 
“Come on. You want to get to class on time, don't you?” he asked, waiting to help me up. I took his hand, expecting him to just have it there to help me. Instead, I was pulled as soon as I got a good grip and launched about a foot in the air. I hadn't anticipated it and lost my footing on the landing. Luckily, Inuyasha was there to catch me from behind before I could make a face plant, with one arm around my waist and the other across my shoulders.
 
My heart was pounding as adrenaline coursed through my veins. Part of me was wondering why adrenaline was pumping through me when all that happened was I was pulled roughly from the ground. Another part of me was furious with Inuyasha for seeming like he would be helping me when he gave me a scare. And another part felt strangely good about how he was holding me right now. That part I was trying to ignore.
 
I jumped out of his arms to give him a good smack across the face. “Jerk! Why'd you do that?!” he hissed in pain as he rubbed his cheek, but he still had a look of glee across his face. He nodded to himself, as if the pain was worth it just to see me scared.
 
“I thought it'd be fun,” he replied indifferently. I sighed exasperatedly.
 
“Your such a jackass,” I grumbled, walking ahead of him to class.
 
***********************
 
Did I call it or what?! And I didn't even get it done the next week. It took me three! God, I hate how busy I am. I can't even imagine that I'll be even busier as I get older! It's just unbelievable. Unrealistic. Unfathomable. Yes, I know that word. I have a wide vocabulary. I tried really hard to get this done. I couldn't think of what to put in this chapter because it's kinda a filler and I didn't have any more fun events that happened in their break. And I couldn't just leave it at the Internet conversation, it was too short. I still feel this is too short. I had to at least reach 5 pages, which I did. But there was nothing else I could put that I thought would go along in this chapter. I'm sorry it's taken so long to write, and how I keep rambling. I'll try to write soon. I can't guarantee anything.