InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ Victory ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AHHHHHH!!! This is the end!

Disclaimer: Inuyasha will never truly belong to me. His heart is Kagome's or maybe Kikyo's or well someone else's!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kagome felt herself being jostled along. Her whole body hurt. The last thing she recalled was her lover leading an army against her husband. Her face was now buried in someone's back. She was about to call out Inuyasha's name when she noticed the red strands of hair brushing across her face. The man who had pulled her from the ground had red hair. She had to think for a moment to recall his name.

"Shippo?" The weakness of her voice surprised her. Her throat was intensely dry.

"Lady Kagome, you're awake!" The man's voice held some relief. One of his hands was busy holding her arms tightly around him so she wouldn't fall off the horse. He squeezed it tighter.

"Where are we?"

"Captain Inuyasha asked me to take you someplace safe. That's where we are going."

"Yes, Captain Inuyasha." She pressed her head against the young man's back. She was going to be all right. She let her heavy lids fall, and sleep reclaimed her.

"Kagome."

The rough voice was music to her ears. She was sitting with her lover in a beautiful field of flowers. She had been happily playing in their sweet scent. Then things changed. Her nose filled with the woody, musky scent of Inuyasha and the pungent scent of blood. She started to become frightened.

"Kagome, wake up."

Wake up? Was she dreaming? She felt her body being shaken lightly. The field began to fade away, and her lids opened to see Inuyasha's golden eyes staring into her own. She was very happy to see his face, but his appearance scared her. She was used to seeing his cheeks smeared with dirt, but now it was not only soil but also blood. He was almost covered in it. She understood why he wore the red yukata. It helped hide the horrible sight of it. The smell still permeated though. It slammed into her senses and made her head spin. He obviously had a cut on his cheek. It still dripped slowly. Even his hair was stained with the redness of blood. It stood out remarkably against the silvery whiteness.

"Inuyasha, are you okay?" He looked at her confused.

"Of course, why? It's you that I'm worried about."

"You're soaked in blood!" She couldn't believe he was being so nonchalant about it. How could he be standing with that much blood loss? He should be on the floor. His confused face turned into a smile. Why was he smiling? He was seriously hurt.

"You're so cute, Kagome."

"What are you talking about? Lay down! You've already bled too much." She sat up and grabbed his chest to try and pull him down to the white bed she was lying on. He had to brace himself against it to keep from falling on top of her. When he lifted his hand, he left a bright red print.

"I'm sorry I didn't bathe before coming to see you. Please don't worry my love. This is not my blood." Her mouth dropped. Why hadn't she realized that before? She knew first hand the strength of her lover, but she still hadn't adjusted to the fact that he was a military man. To her, he was still a shipyard laborer.

"Oh, how silly of me." She looked around her. She was in a white bed in a room surrounded with other white beds. Men were lying in them, and women in white kimonos seemed to be nursing them.

"Are we in a hospital, Inuyasha?"

"A field hospital, yes. I figured you would be safest here. I didn't want you hurt anymore than you already are." She smiled at him. He cared so much about her, and it made her happy. It had been so long since she had someone in her life that truly cared about her. Her father had been the last one. Everyone turned their heads as they heard the people outside start yelling.

"General Sesshoumaru!"

The proud general parted the flap that kept the hospital from the outside. Unlike Inuyasha, he was clear from blood. He looked like he had just stepped out of his home for a light lunch.

"Brother, you came to see the woman without first bathing? You must have frightened her." Inuyasha looked down for a moment.

"I guess I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"I can understand that. What do you plan to do now?" Inuyasha turned and looked deep in Kagome's eyes.

"I will make her my wife if she'll let me." Sesshoumaru frowned. He looked down at his younger brother unhappily.

"What about Lord Hiten, brother?" Inuyasha reached inside his shirt and threw something on the floor in front of the general. Both his and Kagome's eyes widened. They couldn't believe what they saw. At Sesshoumaru's feet lay a very long, very bloody black braid.

"He won't ever be able to hurt Kagome again." Kagome beamed and threw her arms around him. She didn't care about the blood anymore. He had liberated her. He was her hero.

"I guess you'll have to live in the luxury you hate so much after all. Our whole lives you've avoided it at all costs." Inuyasha barely registered the words his brother was saying. Kagome had her arms tightly wrapped around him. She was really his.

"I would do anything for the lady of the city." Kagome looked up into his eyes. He really didn't want to be a Lord. He seemed to be happy where he was.

"If it's all the same to you," she said quietly, "I don't want to be the lady of the city anymore. I would much rather be the Captain's wife."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: It's over! Wow I liked that story. Please don't be angry about the disclaimer. It was a joke. Thank you so much for all your reviews. Please review again. Okay, next project… "Of Youkai Bondage" the epilogue. I promised DemonKitty.