InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry it took so long to update this chapter. My boyfriend made Bar-B-Que chicken last night and I couldn't pass it up.

Sprout: We say ya'll in Florida too.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Hiten stared at the river dumbfounded. His ships were floundering. He had commissioned the great war ships, and they seemed to be steadfast and strong. How could this have happened? Kagome was staring too. She was happy. She loathed that her husband might have gotten the upper hand. The small brigade that had come with them abruptly turned and held their weapons ready. Hiten didn't notice the opposing force coming toward him until he heard their leader's voice ring out.

"It's amazing isn't it?" The voice was rough and it seemed to fit the man perfectly.

"What?" Hiten was beyond angry. He was livid.

"How all you have to do to sabotage an entire fleet of ships is put in one man from the start. We knew of your plans for these floating vessels of destruction. It took a long time to figure out how we could destroy them. A bomb, maybe. Or perhaps a large battalion could swoop in and kill all the sailors. But then I thought, why not just bring them down as they are being constructed? So I did just that." The man with the white hair smiled at Hiten. The Lord's mouth fell open. How could this be true?

"I have never seen you before!" The man laughed at that.

"You were never looking. Maybe you were too busy with all the women who keep your company to notice." Hiten didn't know how this man knew of his liaisons. They all turned toward a redheaded boy as he called out.

"Should we attack, Captain Inuyasha?" Inuyasha looked at the boy like he was an idiot.

"Inuyasha? I think I've heard that name before." Inuyasha smiled at Lord Hiten. Kouga had told him all about how the Lord knew of his wife's unfaithfulness.

"You have. My name rings out across the countryside. I am Captain Inuyasha. Brother to the famed General Sesshoumaru. But you didn't hear it from the people did you? No, you're too busy to listen. I do believe you first heard my name called out in your bedroom. You are a lucky man though. Not many get to hear such a pleasing thing as their wife screaming someone else's name out in bed. And the brother of your mortal enemy no less. Truly a lucky guy." Hiten couldn't even see straight. His anger blinded his vision and his judgement. Inuyasha was his enemy, but Kagome was so much closer and easier to hurt. He grabbed her from behind him and held her out.

"You slept with this man? He was your lover?" Kagome was crying. She didn't care that her husband was probably going to kill her. She was more worried about the possibility that Inuyasha had only been using her. That she was just a tool for him to hurt Hiten. But he had tried to refuse her, hadn't he?

"He is my lover. He means everything to me."

"Wench! You slept with him knowing he was sabotaging my ships?"

"No. I didn't know. I probably wouldn't have waited so long to seduce him if I had. Any man who is hurting you is worthy of my love." Hiten punched her in the face and dropped her to the ground.

"Kagome! Shippo grab her!" The redhead was barely missed by the Lord's sword as he pulled Kagome out of the way. Her husband had struck her much harder than usual and she was finding it hard to hold on to consciousness.

"I will kill you for hurting her."

"She is my wife. I can do what I wish with her."

"I told her the first night I slept with her that she was mine. I will always have her now."

"You can't just take another man's wife."

"I can if that man is dead." Kagome couldn't believe her ears. Inuyasha wasn't just using her. He really wanted her. She was overjoyed. Her vision began to blur though. She felt small arms wrap around her and lift her onto a horse. The last words she heard before the blackness claimed her were Inuyasha's.

"Shippo, protect Kagome. Attack!"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay only one chapter left. Review!