InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Continuous Quest ❯ Study Group ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Continuous Quest
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.
Inuyasha: ^__^ yay!! No one owns the most powerful half demon!!!
Me: o.o *squeezes inu in a hug* you're lucky your looks make me happy to make up for your annoying ego.
Inuyasha: O.O need……air…..cant…..breath….
 
A/N: Wub you readers!! PLEASE I need to know what more people thing because if you don't like it, I'll stop. I haven't gotten anymore emails or anything and I don't even know what my friends think because of them being busy over vacation. PLEASE Review and let me know. It'd be a great help!!! ^.~ Also, sorry that this has not much of a point, though I sorta put in a twist!
 
Chapter Five - Study Group
 
~~*several days after where we left off*~~
 
“I can't believe that I so much studying to do!!” Kagome exclaimed as she sat down on a log for their camp, books and notebooks surrounding her as she tapped her chin with her pencil.
 
“I don't know why you bother; you never get any done anyways. I still don't know why those `tests' are so important anyways. They make such a big gap when we're close to jewel shards or Naraku.” Inuyasha said, leaning on his side.
 
“Well my mom wants me to finish school, and I want to get into a good college when this thing is through.” Kagome retorted, nudging Inuyasha in the stomach with her foot.
 
“Hey watch it!! Wait… this thing? What thing?” Inuyasha said, as he pushed her foot away.
 
“Well this whole journey of course. I really don't have much of a need to be here with you guys after Naraku and the jewel shards are taken care of.” Kagome said simply.
 
“You mean you're just going to stay in your time when this is done Kagome?” Sango asked worriedly.
 
“Well… most of the time I will. I'll come and visit you guys when I can though, but I should really be in my era, and live the life I'm used to.” Kagome replied.
 
“So coming here isn't what you're used to? You seemed to travel back and forth like its as regular as waking up in the morning.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Well sorry that I have another home besides here!” Kagome retorted. Miroku and Sango sweat dropped.
 
“Feh.”
 
“Well isn't that such a big word for your small mind?!” Kagome said. “I'm going to go and relax in the hot spring nearby. Maybe I'll be able to get away from all of these stupidity germs. Coming Sango?” Kagome said, closing her books, standing up, and giving Inuyasha a good hard kick in the gut. Sango nodded and the girls walked off to their destination.
 
“Feh, women.” Inuyasha muttered. He became curious and opened some of Kagome's schoolbooks.
 
“Inuyasha, I don't think that's such a good idea.” Shippo warned. Inuyasha punched him and continued looking within the books. Miroku became too curious and scooted over next to Inuyasha to get a few peeks.
 
“What are all of these strange markings? There's numbers in boxes, numbers with boxes on their backs, and then there's a number with an x and then another number!! What's with that one sign? It looks like an unfinished character.” Inuyasha said. (A/N: it's the addition sign, in Japanese, there's a character that looks like a window a little kid would draw, where it's a square with a plus sign in it, that's the character he's talking about.)
 
“I don't know. She's doing all of this complex writing with numbers like another language. Maybe this is the written language of her era?” Miroku asked.
 
“Nahhhh she took me around her village once. The regular writing like what we have today was all over the place.”
 
“Ooooh. Well when Kagome returns we'll have to ask her about this second language of her era.” Miroku said, examining more of the writing. Apparently these two haven't taken notice of Kagome's math book before.
 
“Yeah. It's giving me a headache. That seven with a three on its back seems to have to follow a road down to the three four three party.” Inuyasha said. (the road is an equal sign, its seven to the third power equals 343)
 
“I wonder why there's that there.” Miroku said, pointing to the `3x + 54x = 23814' equation. “Those numbers seem to combine or something.”
 
“Eh forget it. This stuff is boring.” Inuyasha said, slamming the book shut and laying back down. Miroku took the book and began to study it more.
 
~*~with the girls~*~
 
“Kagome, what is with all of the studying coming up? I understand there's a `test' but you study whenever we aren't battling or sleeping.” Sango asked. Kagome yawned and looked at Sango nervously. “Well… when we're not battling at least.”
 
“Well my grades have been dropping because I'm over here most of the time fighting and getting jewel shards. I want to keep them up if I'm going to graduate into high school.” Kagome explained. Sango nodded, not understanding, but then… in some weird psychopathic way, understood.
 
“Then there's the whole fact that when I actually do get to study when I'm over there, it's late at night, and I'm just so worn out when I finally learn something that I fall asleep and forget. And then I finally get something in the last day, but Inuyasha comes usually that day or the day before, and he came the day before last time, and I got nothing done except for yelling at him. I got a D on that thing!!” Kagome said.
 
“D? Is that good or bad?” Sango asked. Kagome mentally smacked herself in the head with a crowbar.
 
“Oh, sorry Sango. Grades are based on letters. A, B, C, D, and F. Sometimes, when you made it but you didn't, you get an A-, B-, C-, or D-.” Kagome explained.
 
“No F-?” Sango asked.
 
“No, its just a plain old F all the way around. Only certain weird teachers, or sensei's, do F-. But Anyways, if you do better than the average, you get A+, B+, C+, or D+. And like before, weird teachers do F+. Now it all matters on the number grade you get and you get it out of one hundred. So, if you get below a certain number, the passing grade, which in most and my case it's 65, if you get below a 65 number grade on it, you get an F. If you got nothing right, you either get F, or 0. Now if you did really good, like in the nineties or you get one hundred, you range from A- with most sensei's, B+ with others, to an A+. You get a grade in the eighties, you usually get a B grade, seventies you get a C grade, and from 65 to 69 or 70, you get a D grade. 65 and 66 are usually D-. And so the higher letter you get the higher number grade you get. And the higher letter slash number you get, the better you did. I got a D!!! I got like a sixty...eight or something. Then again that is just what I got off of the internet, the D might range into the seventies too, so don't quote me on it.” Kagome said. Sango somehow understood it a little… only a little better.
 
“So I guess Miroku and I will have to hold him back longer than usual huh?” Sango said, and chuckled a bit with Kagome joining her. “Though one thing, it'd be pretty hard because when it comes to you, he's more stubborn than usual. I don't think he lets you show it though, except for maybe trying to drag you back to him.”
 
 
“Woah… yeah he's always trying to drag me off with him so I can go with him to help him collect his jewel shards so that he can become a full fledged demon.” Kagome said. She sunk into the water a bit. “I just wish he'd leave me alone sometimes. He always has to come and drag me around, thinking he's the boss when really he deserves a good old fashioned punch in the face. He says he can handle anything without me when I tell him to deal without me. He wouldn't last a DAY alone in my time. He can barely handle it now with me as it is.”
 
“Hm. Well… let's get out and see what the guys are doing. No telling that if we don't get out now Miroku will start peeking.” Sango said, grabbing one of Kagome's towels she brought and wrapped herself in it as she exited the hot spring. Kagome did also, and the two went behind some thick bushes to change.
 
~*~
 
“We have returned relaxed!!” Kagome said cheerfully. She sat down in a plop where she was before, grabbed a book and hunched over to start studying. “Sango has anyways. I have more studying to do.”
 
“Kagome, I have been wondering…” Miroku said. He held up the math book. “What is this?” Kagome sighed as she looked up at it.
 
“Math book.” She said and put her nose back into her studies. Inuyasha snatched the book from Miroku and put it on her lap. He opened to the page he seen before and pointed to different things.
 
“What is this language? What is that unfinished character? What is that thing for? What is it talking about? Why is there so many numbers? Why that number on that other number's back? What is this-.” Inuyasha started, practically doing twenty questions.
 
“Inuyasha! Stop!!! Too many questions at once!! Now let me see… it's not a language, it's a bunch of math equations. Math equations deal with numbers. That's not an unfinished character it's a plus sign. That thing is a picture from the word problem. The whole thing is talking about how to solve the math equations. There's numbers because that's mainly what math is: numbers. That number isn't on that other number's back. It's just up there because it's for squares. You have to find the square of the number. There, happy now?” Kagome said, answering most of his questions. Inuyasha looked at her with a blank expression and she sighed, giving up on him and working on her studies.

”Um Kagome…” Inuyasha started. Kagome slammed her hands down on the book in her lap.
 
“Not NOW Inuyasha!! I haven't been able to study in weeks and my test is only a few days away! Leave me ALONE!!!” Kagome exclaimed. She noticed how the math book was still on her lap, so she slammed it shut and threw it at Inuyasha, which hit him in the arm.
 
“GAH!!! Stop throwing things at me woman!!! I was just going to ask if…. Um….” Inuyasha started. He blushed lightly as he eyed everyone around him.
 
“What. What do you want?” Kagome snapped, irritated.
 
“If you um… wanted… me... I mean us… help you um…. S-study?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome looked at him shocked. He braced himself for her to still be irritated at him but instead of looking at her and seeing that deadly look, he seen a small smile.
 
“You want to help me by setting up a study group?” Kagome asked.
 
“Eh.. um… yeah?” Inuyasha said, having no idea what a study group is.
 
“Awwe thanks guys but I don't think that you know what to do to help me.” Kagome said. Shippo stepped up.
 
“Don't worry Kagome!! I'm a fast learner and even if I don't get it I'll try to help as much as I can!!” He said.
 
“Thanks Shippo, but-.”
 
“That's right. I'll help in whatever way I can too.” Miroku said smiling. Sango moved him away from Kagome and sat down next to her.
 
“I'll help too Kagome. I'm sure I'll be able to pick up something.” Sango said.
 
“Okay then.” Kagome said, clapping her hands together. “Let's get started.”
 
For the rest of the night, they copied things down for Kagome, gave her mini-pretests, and a few more things. Inuyasha also helped and if it's possible, actually learned some things himself.
 
“History here should be easy since we're studying the feudal era.” Kagome said smiling.
 
“Apprentices in your era are learning about us?” Miroku asked. Kagome sweat dropped and nodded.
 
~*~
 
Kagome and Sango yawned.
 
“I'm so tired right now… If I touch another text book I'd die. Good night everyone.” Kagome said sleepy. She laid down but Inuyasha sat down next to her and tapped her in the head with her Biology book.

”Oh no you're not! You're complaining you can't study at all, so you're going to study until you fall asleep!!” Inuyasha scolded. Kagome sat up and glared at him.
 
“I did enough studying Inuyasha! We can continue studying in my era. I'm heading back tomorrow for a day full of studying even though I doubt I'll be able to.” Kagome reassured. Inuyasha eyed her.

”I'm coming with you to make sure.” He said.
 
“What?!?! No you're not!” Kagome said.
 
“Yes. How do I know you're going to study if I'm not there?!”
 
“I don't know….”
 
“I'm coming and that's final. I'll do your stupid `chores' and all of that other stuff your mom makes you stop studying to do.” Kagome sighed at this.
 
“Fine. You never give up. You're so darn stubborn.” Kagome said irritated, and laid down to fall asleep. Inuyasha put the book in her backpack and leaned against a tree to fall asleep, as everyone else cuddled with themselves to have a comfortable sleep.
 
~*~
 
“Kagome…. Kagome…. Kagome!!”
 
“What?”
 
“It's sunrise!! Time to go to your era to study.”
 
“But you…. Hate my era.”
 
“So? You keep complaining about studying so if we leave now…”
 
“If we leave now my mom will make me go to school and I won't be able to study for the day. Let me sleep more and we'll leave later.”
 
“Fine. Don't blame me if you flunk it.”
 
“Whatever…” Kagome yawned. “Sit and shut up.”
 
WHOMP
 
“Hey!” Inuyasha said. He looked over at her when he was able to lift his face. “Already sleeping… lazy-ass.”
 
To Be Continued…
Thankies!! Seasons greetings and all that good stuff!