InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Continuous Quest ❯ Another Jewel ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Continuous Quest
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: Me no own Inuyasha and me no likie that me no own Inuyasha… *tear*
 
A/N: YES!!!! THANK YOU shadowfan92 for the review!!!! Doughnuts for you! *gives doughnut* And yeah… the whole study group thing was all I could think of when I was writing that chapter since I found out about some upcoming state tests for me. Thanks again! Also, SO SORRY for taking such a long time to update. I've had those state tests to get ready for, then I have rehearsals for the thing in school I'm doing, ALONG with a bootie-load of homework. FINALLY though, the tests are finished so I'm somewhat back unless I get writers block.
Inuyasha: you mean… someone actually reviewed for this thing?
AC: Yeah!!!! After all *drools with heart eyes* you're in it.
Inuyasha: O.O eh…. *steps away*
 
Chapter Six - Another Jewel
 
The group awoke later on that day. Even through all of the `Come on.' `Move it!' `Let's go already!' `Hurry up' and etcetera comments from Inuyasha, they had a pretty decent morning as Kagome passed around their breakfast. After they finished breakfast, they explained the plan, and with that agreed, Kagome hopped on Inuyasha's back, and Sango, Shippo and Miroku hopped on Kirara's. Sango and Shippo were going to drop of Miroku at his master's temple, and then they were going over to Sango's old village to see if they could fix it up. Kagome and Inuyasha were going to Kagome's era for Kagome's little studying time.
 
~*~
 
“Here we are.” Inuyasha said as he let Kagome off at the back door, and followed her inside. She took the liberty already to just drop her things at the door and stretch out. Inuyasha crossed his arms in his sleeves and watched her, but then remembered the reason they came back, and dug out all of Kagome's schoolbooks. He handed her them, and she took them.
 
“Hey mom!! I'm home!” She chimed. No answer. “Gramps?! Sota?! Hello?! Anybody home?!” Still no answer. “It must be shopping day. Ah well. Let's head up Inuyasha.”
 
They headed up the stairs and Kagome dropped her books off in her room on the desk before she grabbed some everyday clothes (or rather something other than that school uniform), and headed off to the shower and soon returned and sat at her desk. Inuyasha sat down on the bed and just looked around doing nothing.
 
~*~
 
Kagome's mother soon returned home with groceries and slipped off her shoes at the door, noticing Kagome's nearby.
 
“Kagome?! Are you home dear?!” She exclaimed throughout the house.
 
--
 
Kagome looked up from her books and shouted a “Yeah!!” from where she was. Inuyasha just starred at her as she went back to her studying.
 
--
 
“Could you come down dear? I have a favor to ask of you. I need the clothes on the line brought in.” Kagome's mother called. Kagome prepared herself to stand, but Inuyasha held down her down by the shoulders, and then with a glare into her eye, he walked off to do the deed for her. She smiled as she continued to study.
 
~*~
 
Within a few minutes of Inuyasha's departure, more studying was able to get done somehow. Then it came.
 
“AHHHHHHHHH!” Came his voice. Kagome peeked over down the stairs, where Inuyasha was picking up sheets. Apparently he hasn't dealt with clothes like that before. Kagome ran back into her room and continued her study.
 
“What do you need all of this cloth for? Don't you humans wear enough?” Inuyasha asked putting pink sheets on the bed
 
“Inuyasha, they're for the bed to keep the mattress clean and looking ni-.” She said, stopping. He froze where he stood and turned to look at her since he was poking at the pink sheets as if he was testing if they were alive.
 
“Inu… Inuyasha… I think it's time we go to the other side of town. I sense something.” Kagome said worriedly. Inuyasha opened her window and sniffed at the air.
 
“How much you want to bet one of your stupid family antiques came to life like all of those other times?” Inuyasha said grimly.
 
“Yeah, we might as well wait for gramps to come screaming out the problem so that we know what we're after.” Kagome said. And speak of the devil; her grandfather emerged from the hallway screaming like a maniac at them.
 
“The jewel of prolonging! It has been released of its seal!!!!” He shouted. Kagome nodded, knowing that the jewel of prolonging was what's needed to successfully find the fountain of youth. Though her grandfather was a little nutsy, and there was not such thing as a fountain of youth, she would grab the jewel to amuse him.
 
Kagome hopped aboard Inuyasha's back and then they set off, in search of this jewel.
 
They chased after it above the city, leaping roof to roof with great speed and agility. Though for Inuyasha it felt more like going up and down and up and down as they chased after a shiny rock for some old man in desperate need of brain surgery to knock some marbles into that stupid head of his.
 
“See anything yet Kagome?” Inuyasha asked, still going in the direction they saw the jewel take off.
 
Kagome glanced around her in search of any shining light to help her. A glint of light was below them at the park. She gasped.
 
“I saw something down there at the park!” She said, pointing sharply at the light that was now completely visible, circling the children on the monkey bars.
 
The duo landed and ran in the direction of the children. The children looked at the light since it was up close, and tried to reach for it, giving little coos to the new toy.
 
“No no no! You don't want that!” Kagome said, as she ran up to a child holding on by one hand onto the monkey bars, the other hand reaching for the jewel.
 
Kagome arrived in time to jump up and grab the jewel, then catch the child when their grip was lost.
 
She put the child down and ran over to Inuyasha, jewel in hand.
 
“That was fairly easy.” She said, and the two made their way back to the Higurashi shrine. They handed the jewel to her grandfather, and continued out their evening.
 
When the time for sleep came, Kagome was soon out cold at her desk, and Inuyasha was sleeping on her bed. He opened his eyes when her pencil made a clattering sound on her desk, falling out of her hand.
 
He walked over to where she slumbered, he noticed the cause of his awoken state. After removing the pencil completely from her hand since it was sitting in between her fingers, he carried her over to her bed and laid her down. He went onto the floor, falling asleep near the head of the bed.
 
~*~
 
The jewel of prolonging emerged itself once again, and ventured out into the Higurashi shrine until an open window came into view. It floated up and went through, to see the half demon and the girl that had captured it earlier. The evil havoc in its aura grew slightly as it went to the girl and placed itself within her forehead.
 
To Be Continued…
Sorry it's so short.. at least I think its short. Either way, my stories should be coming around later, because my life is getting pretty busy right now in school with a new semester starting and my rehearsals paying off for the big performance coming up soon. I'll try to update when I can since this is the first story I've updated in a while. Thanks again for reading and stay tuned!