InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curious Case of Kagome's Scent ❯ Peach ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Over the last few weeks they had grown closer and closer, much to Inuyasha's dismay. No matter how loudly or how often he complained, Kagome paid him no attention whatsoever. The hanyou's mouth was getting him into trouble though. Not only did the miko 'sit' him when he pushed her too far, but Sesshoumaru put his half-brother in his place on a daily basis now. It wasn't for the usual reasons, proving his alpha status and dominance, or because of disagreements over strategy, but because Inuyasha didn't know how to watch his mouth. Each time an insult of any kind wasdirected towards Kagome, he quickly found himself in a great deal of pain.

Sesshoumaru would allow no one to speak ill of the woman he desired, and he protected her as if she were his most prized possession, which she was... kind of. She was the most important person in his life, but sadly she wasn't his, at least not yet. She would be though, and soon too, because he didn't know how much longer he could restrain the nearly uncontrollable desire to have her.

They had yet to really talk about their budding relationship, they hadn't even put a label on it. Instead they seemed to simply skirt around it. He still couldn't keep his lips off of her, but he was courteous enough to only kiss her in private. He knew she wasn't comfortable having an audience, and he respected that. It was getting harder and harder to keep his hands off of her though. He wanted to be touching her at all times, but he resigned himself to only putting a hand on her back as they walked, as if to keep her steady. The touch wasn't for her benefit, however, but his.

The taiyoukai had begun to wonder recently why Kagome didn't attempt to discuss what was growing between them. Didn't women usually wish to talk about their relationships? Didn't she want to know where exactly they stood, where things were going? Did she not wonder at all? He knew he certainly did. There wasn't a shadow of a doubt in his mind as to where he hoped they would end up. It had taken a lot of thought, but eventually he had decided that he would not lose her, to time or to anyone else. She would be his. He would make her his mate at the earliest opportunity. He could only pray that she would agree, once he worked up the courage to ask her.

For now she seemed to be content with stolen kisses and hesitant touches, but things were moving so slowly he thought he might die of the frustration that was building inside him every single day. He needed more, but would she give it to him? He knew she no longer held any romantic feelings for Inuyasha and she had never shown any interest in another male. She seemed to like him well enough. They certainly would qualify at the very least as close friends, but was that all she wanted from him? However,  friends, no matter how close, didn't kiss like they did. They didn't have a fire of sexual tension burning so powerfully between them that it risked destroying his sanity. No, they were something more than friends... but what?

The thoughts circling his mind were making him crazy, and so he decided to attempt to focus outward if at all possible. He looked up just in time to feel as if his eyes were about to bulge out of his head at the sight of her. Kagome was sitting atop her sleeping bag, having just returned from her evening bath. Oh how he wished he could have accompanied her. He had quite enjoyed washing her hair and it had certainly seemed like she had as well. And yet, she had not invited him to join her again, a fact that had him wondering if maybe he had done something wrong so that she was still uncomfortable in his presence. He'd followed her rules to the letter, despite how badly he'd wanted to peek. He had proved himself trustworthy, had he not?

What she was doing... it was something he had never seen her do before and it was definitely something he would like to help her with. He rose slowly, trying to contain his excitement, and approached her. Sesshoumaru sat at her side, only to be welcomed by a brilliant smile.

"The scent again?" she asked playfully.

He took a sniff, only then realizing that he hadn't even noticed the change in her scent. He'd been far too focused on the visual stimulant she presented. Still, now that she brought it up, it was an entirely new scent he had never experience from her before. He simply nodded, unsure that his mouth would cooperate if he tried to speak. Hell, he might have even drooled. He doubted she would have appreciated that.

"It's lotion. I put it on my skin after every bath because the spring water can be really harsh and dry it out. The lotion keeps my skin nice and soft and smooth. Dry skin can get itchy and annoying and I have enough annoyances," she said while chancing a glance at Inuyasha, who was scowling at their interaction.

"I have never seen you do so, and this scent is new." He sucked up his nervousness and managed to speak like the civilized, educated being he was, though it was difficult with his beast howling demands in his mind.

"I usually do it at the spring," she replied calmly. In her mind she was doing a happy little cheer. She'd managed to get his attention alright, just like she'd hoped. New item from the future, new scent, and maybe a reason for Sesshoumaru to decide he needed to touch her some more. Fingers crossed! "And the scent is different because I had to grab a bottle of Mama's. Mine has been disappearing somehow and I didn't have time to go buy more. This one's peach scented. The one I usually put on is the same scent as my body wash." It was the truth. Somehow her lotion had been disappearing at a much higher rate than usual, and she'd actually lost a whole bottle altogether with no hint as to who may have snagged it.

"May I?" he asked carefully, allowing her to see his true emotions in his eyes, at least some of them. He held back the incredibly horny and painfully aroused part, worried about scaring her if she saw the intensity of his desire for her.

Without a moment's hesitation, Kagome nodded and handed him the bottle. "You only use a little bit at a time and rub it in before getting more. You have to make sure you don't miss any spots too."

She needn't worry, he wasn't about to miss a single spot. She looked so enticing in her short shorts and tiny top, with so much of her skin peeking out at him awaiting his touch.

Kagome was surprised when he started with her foot. She'd been certain he would have rushed to touch somewhere a little more suggestive, but then Sesshoumaru never left anything half done. He was thorough in everything he set out to do, and she couldn't help but moan as he massaged her aching feet in an incredibly expert manner.

"How do you know how to do that?" she asked softly, having already lain back to fully enjoy his attentions.

"I am merely paying attention to what seems to be pleasing you," he purred. That was his little passive-aggressive way of telling her he could please her in so many other, more intimate ways. All she had to do was give him the opportunity.

"Well, you're doing a damn good job," she sighed.

Once he'd thoroughly rubbed both feet, he slowly began his way up one leg, his hands moving higher and higher. Finally Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore.

"Why the hell are you letting him touch you like that, bitch? And you're lying back moaning like a whore! No one needs to see this shit. If you're gonna spread your legs for him, you could at least take it somewhere else. I should have known better than to think you were innocent."

"Inuyasha," Kagome hissed, using her foot to keep Sesshoumaru from rising to eviscerate his brother. "It's not like we're having sex right here in the middle of camp. He's just curious about my lotion. You need to mind your own business. It would be a good idea for you to shut your mouth and walk away if you don't want to find yourself so deep underground, you'll be digging yourself out for a week."

"What, wench, don't like hearing the truth? I knew you were never as honorable as Kikyo. She would never whore around with whatever demon decided to give her a second look."

"Sit!" she yelled, this time moving her foot a little higher up Sesshoumaru's thigh in an effort to keep him focused on what he was doing with her and not the half-breed he wanted to murder.

A thought struck the taiyoukai then. "The lotion you are missing, it was the same scent as the product you use to wash your body?"

"Uh-huh," she murmured, ignoring the cursing hanyou trying to pry himself off the ground.

"I believe I know where it has been going." At that, Inuyasha fell conspicuously silent.

"Oh yeah?" she asked, glancing at a now nervous looking hanyou.

"The whelp has held that scent on his body recently. I had assumed you had given him something to wash himself with."

"No, I didn't give him anything. Inuyasha, you stole my lotion? For what?"

Before the hanyou could answer, Sesshoumaru continued. "He is not the only one to carry that scent. The clay priestess has also smelled of it."

"Oh, nice, Inuyasha. You stole my lotion and gave it to Kikyo? What the hell could she want with it? It's not like it will make her skin softer."

The taiyoukai, who had paused in his actions because he wanted to be able to focus fully on touching her spoke again. "The intensity of the scent on specific areas of their body is very telling."

At that Inuyasha turned a brilliant shade of red. "Don't you dare, you bastard," he hissed low enough that Kagome couldn't hear, only to watch as Sesshoumaru leaned closer to Kagome and whispered in her ear. Her eyes widened in shock before shaking her head roughly as if trying to dislodge a disturbing mental image.

"Go away, Inuyasha. I can't believe you stole from me so that you could do... that... with her! She's not even alive! You have absolutely no right to be questioning my actions after what you've done!"

"Don't tell me what to do, bitch. I'm in charge around here."

"Like hell you are, Inuyasha," Sango growled, having risen and approached them as their discussion grew heated. She wasn't going to allow the hanyou to ruin whatever was happening between Kagome and Sesshoumaru. Her friend deserved a man who would care for her --- only her --- not the cheating jerk Inuyasha was.

Miroku stood beside her, shaking his head, having easily determined, thanks to his hentai mind, just what Inuyasha had been doing with Kagome's lotion. "You should go, Inuyasha. You have no say in what Kagome does or does not do. You have no claim on her and your behavior proves such."

Inuyasha sputtered for a few moments before turning around with a 'K'eh' and running off. He knew he wasn't going to win, not with his entire pack turned against him. It didn't matter anyway. Kagome could whore herself around all she wanted, she would be the one crawling back to him once Sesshoumaru got what he wanted and turned her away. He could wait.

Miroku grinned his pervert grin before wrapping his arm around Sango's shoulder. "Come, Sango dear. Let's take the children for a walk and leave these two alone for a while." The slayer nodded and they quickly gathered Shippo and Rin, dragging Jaken along with them, and leaving behind a very smug looking inu demon and a brightly blushing miko.

Once they were alone, Sesshoumaru picked up where he had left off, rubbing lotion into her long, luscious legs, running his hands as high as he dared. He didn't want to scare her off or push her away by moving too quickly, but touching her was heaven and he never wanted to stop. Finally he ripped his hands away from her legs and continued with her arms, shoulders, and what he could reach of her back. He was pleasantly surprised when she allowed him to lotion her upper chest as well, and his hands shook as he brushed against the tops of her breasts before leaning in to kiss her.

"I quite enjoyed this," he murmured in her ear.

Kagome shifted to lean back against him and smiled. "You're not the only one."