InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don’t own Inuyasha.
THANKS, ANIMEALEXIS for editing this.
Summary:
The Higurashi family had a curse on them. Each of the family members would have to bear this curse; and although sometimes the curse was a blessing other times the curse was a scar in their lives.
PROLOGUE
A Curse.
Yes, that’s right. I tell you of a curse that happened to an ordinary family. A wicked witch cast a curse on this family for burning her at the stake. This family was the Higurashi clan. The curse began just as the 18th Century ended, and ruined the Higurashi’s lives.
The curse had fallen on the Higurashi children, and they would have to suffer the consequence. Three children, the eldest a girl named Kikyo at the age of 18. With her beauty she could catch any man’s attention.
The next eldest, the middle child, was a boy named Miroku. At the age of 16, he had already earned the reputation of being the local “man with wandering hands.’’
Last, but not least came young Kagome with her raven hair and beautiful blue eyes. Only 11 at the time, she played no part in the family’s actions but still suffered the witch’s wrath.
The curse started with Kikyo. She was to die, a painful death. Miroku’s curse was to drink blood, not allowed to leave the estate ever again. His job was to protect young girls for all eternity.
Young Kagome received the worst part of the curse. For her, every time she cried or looked at the sun, her eyes would cry tears of blood and she would see things that should never be seen. And so our story begins.
England
After the death of Kikyo Higurashi, the children’s parents made the decision to leave the Higurashi estate forever. They couldn’t face their two remaining children, and so left them behind. Kagome and Miroku were to stay at the Higurashi estate for the rest of their lives.
Only a week after their parents left, Miroku could no longer eat solid food or drink juice, but only be satisfied with blood. As on other occasions since the death of her sister, Kagome cried herself to sleep that night. When she woke in the morning she found blood on her pillows and sheets. Her vision was blurred and red spots shaded all she saw. She screamed, a piercing shriek which rang through the house. Miroku heard her scream and he ran to his sister’s bedroom, fearing for her life. All he found was the blood, on her pillows and sheets, and spattered on the floor.
“God…’’ whispered Miroku as he turned to face his sister. Two trails of blood flowed down her cheeks. He bent down beside her. Miroku looked into his sister’s eyes and saw that the bright sky blue colour had changed. Her eyes were still some form of blue, but it was more of a silvery colour than the eyes he knew, and they stared, unseeing.
“Miroku, is that you?’’ cried Kagome, looking blindly for him, reaching out a hand in front of her.
“Yes, Kag. It’s just me.’’ Miroku took a scrap of her bed sheet, and started to wipe the blood from her face.
“What’s going on?’’ Kagome said in a small voice.
Miroku tore another scrap, making sure it was clean, and tied it around her eyes. He checked that the blindfold was nice and tight as Kagome questioned him.
“Miroku… what is happening to me?’’ He sighed, and replied simply with two words.
“The curse.’’
Read and Review Please!