InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission Three ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Drink this, Inuyasha," InuTaisho commanded. NatsuMaru used his body to prop the half-demon up as the cup was pressed to his son's pale lips. "This will help."

 

Inuyasha swallowed every drop of the tea then leaned back, his eyelids slitted. His breathing came in evenly and the tension in the camp started to ooze away. InuTaisho exhaled heavily and hung his head.

 

`He's going to be all right. Thank Kami, he'll be all right."

 

"He rules over the Western Lands, doesn't he?"

 

InuTaisho cringed at the placidness in Sesshomaru's tone. Still, he couldn't avoid answering his son. He had the right to know the truth.

 

"Hai . . . though he took over with great reluctance. He kept holding out that you'd somehow be awakened so you could take your rightful place. His visions came five years too late."

 

"Visions, Father?"

 

"Don't you remember, Sesshomaru? Don't you remember when we found out that he had the gift?"

 

Both males watched as NatsuMaru lifted Inuyasha into his arms and carried him to a two-headed dragonet. The half-demon looked small and frail, as he did one night sixty-seven years before. . .