InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission Nine ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“NatsuMaru . . .”

”Yes, my Lord?”
 
Inuyasha gazed at the elite warrior, a male who had fought at his side in more than a few battles. He saw a demon with a great sense of loyalty and honour, someone who would die to ensure Inuyasha lived. NatsuMaru, to the young lord, was not only the best and most loyal fighter he had ever seen, but he was also his best friend and a lover. The older inuyoukai was not someone Inuyasha wanted to lose for he knew he could never place a value on everything NatsuMaru had given to him. They both stood in the daimyo's tent, ready for the upcoming battle. The time for masks had come for no one could know what they truly meant to each other. To display such a “weakness” guaranteed that one of them would be made a target by their enemy. There was one final order Inuyasha needed to give.
 
“The outsiders the Lady Izayoi has with her, they are not to be harmed,” he said. “Subdued, yes, but not harmed or killed. It is not their fault she is cunning at deception. Let the others know.”
 
“Yes, my Lord.” NatsuMaru bowed. “And what of the Lady Izayoi? What are your orders regarding her?”
 
“She has declared war on us. Show her no mercy.”