InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Date ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer~ I don't own Inuyahsa or any of its characters. I just own Zane.

A/N~ wow, so many hits. thanks to all of you for taking the time to read. ^.^ I dont know much about japanese culture, so Im doing my best. Its totally americanized, so dont hate me, lol im warning you! Please let me know if you feel I need to improve on anything. I know there are lots of little mistakes, but personally, I havent seen any big ones. Im not the best to look though, lol. Enjoy!



"Kaome, Zane's here." Mrs. Higurashi said, knocking on Kagome's door. She slowly opened the door to reveal Inuyasha sitting on Kagome's bed while Kagome was in front of her mirror brushing her hair. "Inuyasha if you put on your hat and promise to be good, maybe Kagome will introduce you to Zane."

"Mom, not on my first date! Next time, IF he promises to be good. IF there is a next time." Kagome put on some chapstick and kissed her mom on the cheek. "Bye Mom, bye Inuyasha.I'll see you tonight." Inuyahsa 'Keh'd'. She skipped down the stairs, glowing with excitement about her date. She was wearing light wash denim jeans and a flowing emerald green halter tunic with emerald ballet flats. Her hair was curled in ringlets and left down. She still didn't know where they were going, everytime she saw him at school she had asked and he wouldn't give her a hint! She smiled as she saw Zane. "Hi." She blushed. "Now will you tell me where were going?"

"No." He smiled shyly. He was wearing baggy jeans and a plaid blue long-sleeved polo over a light blue tee. His hair was gelled slightly to create the 'just woke up' look. He reached between them and grabbed her hand. "You're beautiful." He turned and pulled on her arm a little. "Let's go. I have alot planned and you can't be out too late." They started walking towards the shrine steps and down them to the road below. " Have you had dinner?"

"Yes. You wouldn't tell me what we were going to do, so I had a light dinner. I'm still kinda hungry though."

"Good. Were going on a picnic."

"But, you don't have any food with you..."Kagome got a puzzled look on her face.

"Silly, thats easy to take care of." Zane winked at her. "Just follow me." He squeezed her hand and pulled her forward. Before she knew it they were in front of a small grocery store. "Sorry its not home cooked or anything, but its kinda short notice. You lead, pick what you want, I'm paying." Kagome just gaped for a second, recovering, she walked into the store and towards the sandwich items. Before she knew it they had a small plastic picnic basket, some potato chips, snack cakes, bread, cheese, and turkey, and were on their way.

"Now where are we going?"

"You'll see." He dragged her to a park and they sat down on a natural rock bench beneath a willow tree. The rock was cold to the touch and there was a slight chill in the air. Zane offered her his polo which she gladly accepted.

"It's beautiful tonight." Kagome said. Zane was making sandwiches for both of them, by his insistance. He looked up and stared at the sky with Kagome. The sky was clear, bright stars shone down upon them creating an ethereal glow about them underneath the tree. The moon was full, making it brighter than it should have been at this time of night.

"You're beautiful." Zane leaned in and gave Kagome a kiss on her cheek. Kagome blushed and smiled, too embrassed to say anything. Zane just smiled and offered her a sandwich.She gladly took it and they began their late dinner on their first date together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Inuyasha was sitting up in the Goshinboku tree, waiting on Kagome to get back from her 'date'. 'Darned wench can't go on too many more of these, were gonna get behind and Naraku will easily defeat us. He already has most of the shards. Damn that girl. What's wrong with her? I don't take time off..Miroku doesn't take time off, unless his wind tunnel needs repair, and Sango's only gone if hirakotsu is damaged...Shippo and Kirara are always around when I'm ready to go...unless Kirara is with Sango..but noone takes time from the quest for 'dates' except Kagome! Darned, good for nothing bitch. Maybe she was right and we should get the shard without her. I don't need her, thats for sure!' He 'Keh'd' and crossed his arms. 'I need a good run. That would help me to feel better, or maybe I could practice...Nah, I'd get in trouble..'You can't go doing things like that here, Inuyahsa!' Keh!' The wind picked up a little and blew his hair in his face, it shook the leaves in the tree. Some of the leaves were beginning to fall. It was close to autum. 'Won't be easy to hunt for shards with winter comming. Human's get sick too easy.'

"Inuyahsa, come inside, its getting chilly. Kagome will be home before you know it." Mrs. Higurashi stood at the bottom of the tree, smiling up at Inuyasha. "You can stay in Kagome's room until she gets back. She'll probably expect you there."

"Keh." Inuyasha jumped down and followed her into the house. She grabbed a blanket off the couch and handed it to him.

"This will keep you warm."

"I don't need it." He took the blanket from Mrs. Higurashi. She smiled at him again.

"He's not you, Inuyasha." Mrs. Higurashi turned and walked away from the gaping mouth hanyou with a smirk on her face. He jumped up the stairs and walked into Kagome's room. He placed himself underneath her windowsill and covered up with the blanket. The little clock on the mantle flashing 10:36.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, he does kinda sound like a jerk." Zane said, trying not to upset her. They had finished the dinner, and were walking around the park, talking about each others dating experience, or lack thereof. Kagome had just filled Zane in on Inuyahsa and how he was constantly running off to his ex. For some reason she felt comfortable around him.

"Well, he can't help it if he loves her." She tried to rationalize it, as always. "What about you?"

"I've had a couple girlfriends back home, but it never ammounted to anything. Never got too serious either, it was mostly us going out as friends and such. I never felt a strong enough attraction to any of them to continue it beyond that. So, have you ever been kissed? Like a real kiss on the lips?"

"Eh.."She thought back to the time at Kaguya's castle, 'doesnt count.' "No, almost, but no." She frowned for a second, but it was gone before he could question. "You?"

"Once, it wasn't as great as I thought it should be, being my first kiss and all, but sometimes I think that my first REAL kiss will be with the one I'm supposed to be with forever, not with the girl in my homeroom class in middle school." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "What's it like to grow up at a shrine, and be a shrine maiden?" He seemed thoroughly excited for the answer.

"Well, its okay, I guess. I just kinda got used to it. The steps are a killer at first though." Laughing, Kagome grabbed his hand. He squeezed slightly and laughed along. "I like hearing all the legends and tales from my grandfather, thats for sure." 'It would make everything easier if I could just tell people about my travels.' Kagome thought with a sigh. Zane misinterupted.

"What's wrong?"

Kagome waved her free hand. "Nothing. Nothing at all, just thinking."

"You ready to go home? I bet you're tired." Zane started pulling Kagome to an exit of the park. "I told your mom I wouldn't keep you out too late anyway, and I'm sure I've gone past what she would deem acceptable."

Kagome looked down at her watch. Her eyes got wide. "Oh my gosh, you're right! I didn't even realize!" It was already 11:30. "We should head back." Zane nodded and together they began the walk to the shrine.

The walk home was fairly quiet, comfortable silence between friends. Getting to the shrine steps, Kagome stopped. "You can let me off here, its a long ways up." She laughed. "Good thing I'm used to it."

He looked at her and quirked an eyebrow. "I don't mind. I would like to apoligize to your mom if shes still up." He took her hand before she could protest and they began walking up the steps. At the top, they could both tell all the lights were off, and obviously everyone was asleep. "I don't want to wake your family. I'll go ahead and go." He squeezed her hand and hesitantly let it go. "Can..I hug you?"

Kagome smiled and nodded shyly. 'No one has ever asked before they just hugged me! That's too cute.' She could feel her cheeks flush red hot as he engulfed her in a hug.

"Can I see you again?"

"Yes. I'll be out of town tomorrow, I have a long trip ahead of me, they're admitting me Monday. I'll call you as soon as I get back though. I promise."

"Good, I'll be waiting. Don't forget me." He smirked and it made her laugh. They reluctantly parted ways, both occasionally glancing back at the other's retreating form.

Kagome went in her house, trying not to wake anyone. When she got up to her room, she started to change clothes to head back to the feudal era, and she realized she still had Zane's shirt. She carefully layed it on her bed, so it wouldn't wrinkle.

"Take a shower before you come back, you stink like him."