InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The day I saved him ❯ Pain? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the InuYasha characters or the series. I simply like to play around with them *insert mad laugh*
Chapter-VIII
There will be pleasure before pain? What did that mean?
Suddenly she felt a presence behind her. She stifled a gasp as an arm snaked around her waist and pulled her back, spooning her against a lean body.
When she turned around, it was dark. All she could make out was a figure hooded and cloaked in black from top to bottom. Its face was shrouded in deep shadows. It suddenly came forward, momentarily portraying part of its face into the light. But it was lost back into the shadows a moment later as it leaned back again. Its movements were slow, as if they were trapped in time. Or maybe they were just slow to her. She couldn't breath, and she couldn't look away. She knew this person was the killer. The one who had attacked Sesshoumaru in the hospital and had induced his coma. This was Kikyo Hino.
She watched with growing dread as Kikyo slowly lifted the arm lying on her waist. Kikyo slapped her across the face and Kagome involuntarily turned away, her eyes rolling around her head in shock and pain. Her cheek stung and she could feel it swelling as she lifted a hand and cradled it in the cup of her palm.
Kikyo suddenly pulled Kagome back against her body and leaned up until her lips found Kagome's ear.
Suddenly Kagome's phone rang. Both of them stilled, silently watching the phone writhe with the ringing vibrations. Kagome stifled a gasp of relief. She would be saved now, if only she could reach the phone. She tried to reach out to it, but Kikyo's hand reached over hers and pressed the busy button.
“You will not tell anyone this happened,” she hissed into her ear, before biting her lobe hard. Kagome stifled her screams. She did not want Sota to wake up and come investigate. So she suffered in silence, the pain from the bite on her lobe radiating along her nerves like acid fire.
Kikyo laughed into her ear, and Kagome cringed back from the awful sound. Kagome felt like crying, but her tears were lodged deep into her throat and all she could do was gulp back her sobs.
“Aren't you afraid now, my dear Kagome?” Kikyo asked, her voice distending into a mad cackle. “My dear, dear, dear, sweet cocoa…” Kikyo grazed her arm down Kagome's side. Kagome shut her eyes, while her insides crawled up her spine, away from the icy hand touching them. Suddenly Kikyo slipped her arm down and up, until it rested an inch away from Kagome's chest. Kagome's breathing grew erratic and her chest almost made contact with her hand as she heaved.
“You want this don't you, my dear?” Kikyo cackled again.” You want all of it, don't you?”
Kagome furiously shook her head, the lost tears coming forward. They slipped past her closed eyelids and ran down her cheeks in smooth rivulets.
“Say you want this!” Kikyo screamed, pushing Kagome roughly onto her back and landing on top of her. “Say you need me!”
“No!” Kagome screamed, even though she knew it would earn her only another slap across her face. She opened her eyes and struggled furiously to dislodge Kikyo.
“Oh, I'll make you say it!” Kikyo hovered over her, drawing out her own anticipation. She caught Kagome's hands above her head and clasping them in her hand as she leaned down and kissed Kagome roughly on the lips. Kagome stifled back a tear-stained gasp as a rough tongue tangled with her lips before inserting itself inside her mouth. She felt like screaming, yelling and clawing at this, this- lesbian. She struggled under Kikyo, trying to overthrow her. But the more she struggled the harder Kikyo clasped her hands over her head. For a woman, Kikyo was too strong for Kagome. Kikyo broke the kiss and hovered over Kagome. Triumph radiated from her entire body in almost tangible waves.
Suddenly Kagome felt something move against her stomach. She froze. What was that? Was that? That thing against her stomach couldn't be..? Kagome looked up into Kikyo's shadowed face. She couldn't make out anything, not even a nose or even the faint curve of a feminine mouth. She wasn't sure anymore that this was indeed Kikyo Hino. She didn't even know if it was he or a she. She hadn't felt any breasts but she had definitely felt a movement under…
But before she could do anything, he/she leaped away from her and ran to the window. Kagome slowly sat up, her raven hair falling around her face in disheveled waves. He/she had her back to her and was merely standing there, looking out the window.
“You will stay away from Sesshoumaru, if you know what is good for you.”
Then he/she leapt through the window, breaking the glass, and was off like a shot into the night.
Kagome could do nothing but stare out the broken window. It felt like she was caught up in another dream. She felt isolated from all feeling. But suddenly the dream-like feeling broke and tremors shook her body. She curled her arms around herself to keep from crying out. She felt disturbed, violated and beyond control. Whimpers filtered out through her chattering teeth and she hugged her knees to her chest, rocking back and forth on the bed as if she were rocking a baby in her arms.
Suddenly her cell phone rang, its white light casting a pale glow around its surroundings. She uncurled one arm and tried to reach out to pick it up, but her hand wavered, her fingers shaky and unsteady. She finally grasped the phone and picked it up to see who was calling her. Her hands shook, causing the screen to shake before her. Hot tears blurred her vision. With a shaky finger she pressed the on button and held it up to her ear.
“H-Hel-Hello,” she said, her voice trembling through the phone in shaky whispers.
“Hey Kagome, it's me, Kazu. Are you okay? Why didn't you pick up earlier?” A faint scratching noise came over the line and Kagome wondered where Kazu was and what he was doing up so late.
“I- I- I- I'm f-fine.”
“Are you alright? You really don't sound okay to me. Maybe I should come over there to check up on you.”
“Y-yes. I-I n-n-nee-d you.”
The scratching suddenly stopped.
“I'll be right over.” And even Kagome in her traumatic state could discern the smile in his voice.
********************************************************
Even though the hour was late the police department was in an uproar and there was chaos everywhere. InuYasha side stepped a woman wearing heavy makeup and fishnet stocking as she struggled with the police officer who had captured her. She gave InuYasha a once-over and winked at him non-verbally issuing him a depraved invitation to her cell later. InuYasha ignored her and walked over to the receptionist. It was Sakura, a petite brown haired doe-eyed girl with the attitude to take on even the toughest thugs out there. She had been doing the graveyard shift for as long as InuYasha had been working there and he couldn't remember her going home, ever.
“Hi Sakura. Is my partner here?”
“He checked in about a half hour ago but he had to go back out again. Someone called about a rape attempt.” She ruffled some papers until she found the paper reporting the incident. She had personally taken the call and had written down all the pertinent facts before contacting Miroku and sending him out to the address.
“This is the address. He told you to come as soon as you checked in.”
InuYasha looked at the paper and nodded once. His blood started pumping through his veins as he looked over the report. It stated that a teenage girl who lived alone had been sexually assaulted in her bed. Adrenaline jumped through his nerves and he ran outside, eager to get to the spot of the crime. They had recently been investigating a series of murders and rapes occurring around the city, but most of the victims had been assaulted in the back end of alleys or on deserted streets. The killer had never assaulted them in their homes. They hadn't found much evidence, just a bunch of dead ends. He couldn't help thinking this case was connected to those and InuYasha was pumped. This could prove to be a true lead in the whole case, if they could find any evidence that is. He jumped into his police car, switched on the official alarm light and pressed down on the accelerator hard enough that the car took off with an unsteady jerk and almost collided with another Mercedes on the road. The owner yelled out an unmentionable expletive, but InuYasha was too wired to care. He could feel in his very gut that this case would be the one to point them in the right direction.
And his gut was never wrong.
*********************************************************
“I- I told you, n-no police!” Kagome whispered to Kazu as he handed her a cup of steaming tea. Her eyes still had that wild look and there were bags under her eyes; vivid evidences of the terrible night she had had. She took the cup gratefully and took a large gulp of tea nearly scalding her tongue in the process. The tea streaked a hot path straight down to her stomach, warming all her iced nerves. The tremors that had wracked her body earlier had subsided to a dull shiver now and then, but she still felt cold, as if she was trapped in her refrigerator. She rubbed her hands against the warm cup, trying to overcome the numb feeling in her veins.
“I know, I know. The attacker told you not to tell anyone, but look at you. He nearly raped you and you think that's fine?” Kazu asked, sitting down beside her and draping an arm behind her on the edge of the couch.
“B-But I don't want the police to get involved in this. They might find out about our ruse and the news may be leaked to the press.”
“Oh shut it! They'll never find out about that. They cannot link the attempted rape to that. That's pretty absurd.”
“How can they not when you've given my real name in the report to the police!”
The numbed feeling in her veins was replaced by anger. She was furious with Kazu for giving them her real name. What would happen when they linked Kagome Higurashi to Kikyo Hino and found out that the whole thing was a ruse? She would be hounded by the press again and she was heartily sick and tired of handling their questions.
“They won't know. Not many people in the police department watch Entertainment LIVE! They probably don't even know who Sesshoumaru is.”
A front door bell rang out just then. Kagome nearly jumped out of her skin at the sudden sound and clutched a hand to her heart to still its wild thumping. For one crazy moment she couldn't help thinking that the killer had come back. She clenched and unclenched her fists, wringing them inside out. She was so overwrought with nerves that she felt like scrambling up the wall.
“I'll get it. Coming!” Kazu called out, his tone sounding too cheerful for her anxious nerve endings.
Kagome shrank back into the sofa, crouching deeper under the quilt blanket Kazu had draped over her shivering form. She did not want to face anyone right now, much less a police inquisition. She was bone-tired and weary of questions and answering them with real facts. That was another thing: she didn't even know what was fact and what was not. She thought the person who had attacked her was Kikyo but she could be wrong. She hadn't seen anything to attest to that fact either. She couldn't even give the police valid clues as to the person's identity. However, the voice had sounded female but it was high enough to sound distinctly gayish-male as well. She couldn't be sure of that as well. She wasn't sure of anything and she was going to face enquiry where she'd be expected to give them facts to work on? No way was that possible.
Kagome looked up from her heavy thoughts as a sudden movement caught the corner of her eye. Sota stood in the threshold of the hallway, in his faded pajamas. He lifted one hand to wipe the sleep from his weary eyes and Kagome instantly stood up just as Kazu opened the door. She didn't want Sota involved in any of this. It would be bad enough if he learned she was involved with the press as `Kikyo Hino', but it would be even worse if he knew that she had been attacked while sleeping. She wanted him to feel secure, happy and carefree, free of all the burdens that weighed down upon her thin shoulders; she did not want him to lose faith in the secure home she provided for him. But more than that, Kagome had to admit some amount of pride was involved in this as well; she didn't want him to lose faith in her, as his guardian. She didn't want him to think that she couldn't be there for him, that she couldn't provide for him and care for him. She didn't want him to think she was a bad parent.
“What's going on , neesan?” Sota asked her, a slight slurr inflicted upon his words due to sleep.
“Nothing, Sota.” She could hear voices speaking at the front door, so she gently stirred Sota away from them and gently shoved him back into the hallway. She stood blocking his view of the front door, so he tried to peek around her and caught sight of the two overgrown men standing near the front door, talking.
“Who are they?” Sota whispered to his sister, his eyes still fixed upon the two new people with all the curiosity of a ten-year-old.
“Some friends of mine. Sota, you really should be in bed. Go back-“ But she was interrupted by a soft exclamation from Sota. He was gazing at one of the two people with rapt attention, his eyes sparkling with new enthusiasm and excitement.
“I know him!” He ran up from behind Kagome and stood panting in front of the new stranger who had just arrived. “I know you!” he exclaimed again, this time to the man standing in front of him.
“Who is this kid?” he asked to no one in particular.
Kagome's heart slammed in her chest as she slowly turned and faced the police officer.
“You!” both Kagome and InuYasha exclaimed at the same time, apparently at a loss for better words upon finding themselves in each other's company again.
“What are you doing here?” They asked simultaneously, their words colliding onto each other like discordant notes in a horrible musicale.
“You're the rape victim, uh…. Kagome Higurashi?” InuYasha asked, looking down at the report in his hand. His tone was laced with heavy disbelief and he looked ready to throw the report at their faces.
“Y-Yes,” was all Kagome could stammer out. She looked ready to faint and couldn't believe the weird irony fate had dealt her by sending the one person privy to the intimate details of Kikyo Hino to investigate the rape attempt on Kagome Higurashi, when the real Kagome Higurashi was playing the part of Kikyo Hino while the real Kikyo Hino could have possibly been the almost-rapist. Weird how the whole thing seemed to befuddle her even more than ninth grade math had.
“You're that guy who saved that girl from the burning building!” Sota suddenly interjected, his eyes turning hero worshipful as they gazed upon InuYasha.
“I think you've got me confused with a straggling fireman, kid.”
“No, no, I heard you solved the case of how the fire started. You're an awesome detective!”
“Yeah, whatever, kid. That was a pretty small case, not worth mentioning even.” He turned to the two adults standing in front of him. “What are you playing at now? Are you guys playing me for a fool? I thought this was a real case!” InuYasha's face portrayed his anger and he was glaring at both her and Kazu with a malevolent gleam in his golden eyes.
“You've got it all wrong, Yasha. She's not playing anything. She took the name of Kagome Higurashi so the press wouldn't find her, and she was nearly attacked and raped tonight.”
“Neesan, what press and what attack?” Sota suddenly asked, his hero-worshipful eyes turning upon Kagome in confusion.
“It was nothing.” Kagome glared at Kazu as she stepped forward and herded her brother away from InuYasha and gently led him back to his bedroom and tucked him into bed, ignoring all the questions he bombarded upon her. She simply replied in a monotonous voice that she would explain it to him in the morning. She switched off the bedside lamp and closed the door firmly behind her before letting out a huge sigh of resignation. She wasn't sure how she was going to explain it to her ten-year-old brother about her recent bout with the press- he would probably be lost on the whole fact that Kikyo Hino was trying to kill her ex-boyfriend and was now attacking her. But explain it, she must, because now that Kazu had broken open the secret in front of her brother, he would relentless with his curious questions.
She walked back to the main room to find InuYasha and Kazu facing each other, their fists clenched and equally murderous looks on each of their faces.
“Now what's happened?” she muttered under her breath, unable to cope with these two anymore. One just leaked out the secret to her brother and the other, well, the other seemed to rub on her nerves the wrong way every time they met.
“I'm telling you! Go! Go look at her bedroom window and maybe finally you'll believe me!”
“Like I'd fall for that lie so fast after you just told that big lie that a girl did all this. A girl as a rapist! Stop pulling on my leg. I'm through with this whole damn `fake' case. And by the way where did my partner get to?” He seemed to be asking that question to himself, just now remembering that Miroku had started out before him.
“It was a…” Kagome started to concur with Kazu's accusation that Kikyo Hino was behind this, when a sudden memory flashed across her mind's eye. The hooded figure was suddenly beside her again, and as it leaned forward she could see part of its face portrayed in the light filtering in through her window. She could see a faint nose and the deadly gleam in its familiar eyes. Eyes, that had persuaded her to follow the mad-cap scheme he had concoted. Eyes that had understood her fear of the press and had saved her from it only to throw her back right into it again. Suddenly the memory faded and was replaced by the freak call she had attended from Kazu right after she had been attacked. She could still hear the scratching sound in the background and feel the unearthly smile that had sprang to his lips when she mentioned that she needed him. She gasped when she suddenly remembered that the attacker had commanded her to say that she needed him.
It was Kazu!
“It was you….” She trailed off as her eyes suddenly clouded over and she fainted dead away from pure exhaustion.