InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Experiment ❯ Three - Kagome ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
 
Three - Kagome
So, that day went by quite normally. Father came home at about three-ish in the afternoon. I was in the kitchen pouring myself out a glass of apple juice, when he walked in the door.
 
“Oh, hi Kagome.” He said when he saw me. “I can't stay long. I have to get my notes and go back.” He continued.
 
For some unfathomable reason, I found myself asking: “Can I come with you?”
 
He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. Most likely because I find Father's lab stuff really boring but…I dunno. I couldn't stand another minute sitting around the house doing nothing.
 
He answered, “Uh, sure. But you'll have to get ready now.”
 
*********************
 
I seriously regretted my decision. Within an hour or so I was extremely bored. I couldn't sit still much longer and my book had become quite dull. I really wanted to go for a wander but I knew Father wouldn't approve so I made up an excuse.
 
“Uh, dad?” He looked up at me. “I'm just gonna go to the toilet. I shouldn't be long.” He nodded once and I walked out of the room.
 
Of course, I didn't know my way around so, naturally, I ended up getting lost. It was only when the white walls ended and the pale yellow walls began, that I realised I was in the East Wing.
 
I knew I shouldn't be here but my curiosity got the better of me and I found myself wandering down the narrow corridor.
 
The instant a hand touched my shoulder, I froze. Busted.
 
“Who are you?” A quiet, yet firm voice answered.
 
I turned around, to find myself face to face with a red t-shirt. I took a step back and he let go of my shoulder. I looked up at his face.
 
Silver hair flowed down his back, ending just above his waist. His fringe was unruly and I could just see his gorgeous golden eyes. I let my eyes travel upwards. Two dog ears sat atop his head. I had just had my second encounter with Inuyasha.
 
“Do. You. Understand. Me?” He said, only this time speaking slightly louder and slower.
 
I resisted the urge to blush. “Yes. I understand you.” I replied.
 
“You didn't answer my first question. Who are you?”
 
“Kagome.”
 
“I'm Inuyasha.”
 
“I know.”
 
“How do you know?”
 
Crap. I think I've said too much. And it's getting harder to resist touching those cute ears. “Umm…I gotta go. My Father will be looking for me.” I quickly turned around and walked back down the corridor.
 
*********************
 
I decided that I would casually tell me Father about my `encounter' with Inuyasha. But how? And when?
 
We sat down for dinner. I decided that this would probably be one of the best times to tell him. So I did.
 
“I saw him today.” I said casually, taking another bite of my lasagne. Dad almost dropped his fork, whilst Mum and Souta instantly looked amused. Of course, they all knew who I was talking about.
 
“What?! Did you speak to him?! Eighteen years wasted!!” He exclaimed.
 
“What do you mean `Eighteen years wasted'?” Mum was trying not to smile but was failing quite badly. Whilst Souta just sat there, grinning like an idiot.
 
Dad instantly looked uncomfortable. “Well, um…Inuyasha has never met anyone his own age before.”
 
“Wait. So you're telling me that he's eighteen but has never so much as spoken to someone his own age? `He's an experiment so he doesn't get to lead a normal life.' Is that what you're trying to say?” I yell. I can't believe this. Dad has always talked about Inuyasha as if he were another son.
 
Even if he is an experiment, he still deserves a normal life.
 
“So…how did Inuyasha react when you spoke to him?” Dad asked, deliberately dodging the question.
 
“You gonna take notes on that as well?!” I stand up and run from the kitchen, up to my room.
 
Half an hour late, there's a knock at my door. I don't answer but the door opens anyway and Dad walks in.
 
“Kagome, I'm sorry I didn't tell you what we were actually doing sooner. But, since Inuyasha has spoken to you, we'll need you to come with us to the lab.”
 
“What?!” I can't believe this.
 
“Well, since you've disrupted eighteen years of work, we need you to do some experiments, otherwise…” He trails off. “Kagome, you've buggered this up for me, so the least you could do is come and help us.” He says in an exasperated tone.
 
“Fine. But it's not fair on him.”
 
He heads to my door. “Be ready for eight tomorrow morning.” And with that, he walks out of my room, closing the door behind him.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aren't you lucky? Two chapters in one day.
So? What do you think? Please review!! I must go and revise my Biology. If I can manage to sneak back onto the computer I might add the next chapter. But, I must go. Biology awaits. Again, please review!!
PS. Have any of you heard of the Noisettes? They're like the British version of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They're really good. But of course I'll say that, being British and all. Anyway…check out their music. It's really good. Bye!
Review please!!