InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Your Love is Reciprocated ( Chapter 53 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Your Love is Reciprocated

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Ambrosia.

Kagome looked down at the cluster of flowers in her hand with a wry smile. These particular blooms, while costly in Tokyo because they were from Australia, were actually just weeds in that country.

How ironic... one country's treasure is another's weeds.

She chuckled at that play on an old saying.

And I wonder if I told Sesshoumaru that these flowers - the ones I'm going to use to tell him I love him, are actually a common weed in another country... what would he say to that?

She thought about that for a few moments, then giggled. Probably better not to say anything...

Then again, not like he has the right to say anything to me about that, since he didn't actually
tell me he loves me, just left me a red rose and told me to figure it out.

She laughed aloud at that thought. How completely Sesshoumaru that action was...

With another soft smile, she shook her head, and hopped into the well, heading back to the place that held her heart. When she arrived, she looked up, and sighed.

Sometimes I hate this climb... with that thought, she started out of the well, not wanting to take any more time than necessary... she had something to say and she wanted to do it now.

Before I lose all my courage, she thought, wryly.

Climbing over the top, she set her feet down on the verdant grass at the base of the well, and brushed the dust off her kimono. Kind of a good thing he had these special kimono made for me - the split and under-hakama come in handy for the climbing.

Just as she straightened, she felt his youki feather over her aura gently, almost carressingly, and she looked up, watching spellbound as he walked out from under the trees.

It was a moment she would never forget - one of those that for some reason or another, always stick out in your mind. The pristine white of his hakama, with the color of his elaborately tied obi contrasting sharply, his haori of white, with the red background for sakura blossoms - the symbol of his house - all calling attention to him.

And then, she met his eyes... and became mesmerized, the gold shimmering brightly and contrasting greatly with his long moonlight locks - all in all, the most beautiful being she'd ever seen. He took her breath away.

She smiled shyly, then, a light blush settling under the skin of her cheeks, and waited, knowing he would come to her when he was ready.

Sesshoumaru merely watched her, not moving, not saying anything. It had been several days since he'd left her with that single red rose - and though she hadn't said anything particular yet, he knew that she'd taken it to heart - her happy, light-filled aura had told him that.

Now, he was curious to know what her actual response to his sentiment would be. He'd known it would be in flower form, but he'd been unsure what flower, as the list she had had many potential responses - but none that he'd ever seen looked like the flowers she currently held in her hand.

Trust Kagome to come up with something unique.

He finally moved forward, coming to stand before her, and silently, he raised his hand and gently touched her cheek, his eyes softening, though his expression did not.

"It becomes more and more difficult to let you go through the well, miko," he said quietly. "This one does not... appreciate... the separation from you."

As his hand dropped, Kagome grabbed it, and gently pressed the flowers she held into it, with a deep breath, she gathered her courage, and said, "I couldn't get this flower here, because it comes from another country, far away - but I wanted it, because only this flower says what I needed it to."

He cocked a brow, looking from the flowers, back to her, and she met his gaze, firmly, bravely refusing to look down, even as a deep flush swept over her cheeks.

"This flower is called ambrosia... and it stands for 'your love is reciprocated'."

She didn't need to say more, Sesshoumaru's hand clenched around the flowers, and he knew that he would keep these blooms in his heart forever. His eyes softened even further, melting into hot gold pools, and this time, his expression did change... he let her see his feelings, though he had yet to actually speak the words aloud, he wanted her to know that they were there.

She smiled sweetly up at him as she saw the look, returning his with one of her own that showed every emotion in her heart for him, and then she stepped into him, avoiding his armor, and pressed her lips to his.

No other words were spoken...

For a long, long time.

But they were not needed, nor missed.

And at the edge of the clearing, hidden behind a small bush, a tiny little girl and a tiny little kit smiled happily, then turned, and holding hands, skipped away.

---oOo---

A/N: Yay!!!! Shameless fluff, I know... but hey, it's about time, right? I drug this out for fifty-some chapters - now we need to get rid of Naraku/Kagura so we can get on with the rest of the fluff! Next two chapters are actually one long one broken into two parts. It's where he finally basically pops the question!

Amber









< br>