InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Let's Get Together Part One ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let's Get Together (Part one)

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Kagome smiled, joy and contentment writhing through her aura, bathing everything around her in happiness; you couldn't be around her at this time and not feel the gentle caress of her miko ki, not enjoy the way it made you feel... almost euphoric.

She cast a shy, sidelong glance at the being that paced beside her, keeping his long strides short for her benefit, her mind still misty and pleasure-hazed from the kisses they'd shared in the clearing by the well after she'd told him she loved him in return of his own sentiments towards her.

I can hardly believe it... this beautiful, almost-god loves... me! She put a hand to her heart, then, feeling the lightness of it, from the release of tension and the fear that he did not truly return her feelings.

I can't remember ever feeling so happy...

Sesshoumaru smiled inwardly at the expression on her face, and the pleasure he could still feel emanating from her powerful miko ki - it seemed she enjoyed his touch as much as he enjoyed hers.

Even now, his mind was still lingering in the memories of those caresses by the well - and moving ahead to a time when it would be far, far more than kisses that he would be remembering.

With a shake of his head, he forced his mind into another path; what could he do with the extra day they had before they would move out again? The taijiya had discovered a crack in her hiraikotsu, and had gone back to her old village to make repairs, she wouldn't be returning until the day after tomorrow...

With a tiny, hidden smile, he made his decision, and letting Kagome enter the old miko's hut, he turned and flared his youki, waiting for his little gami servant to appear. When he did, he gave him precise instructions, then watched him leave, before entering the hut to sit near his miko as she talked with her friends.

She would enjoy this little surprise, he knew.

The next morning, after Jaken had returned, and informed him that everything had been done as he requested, handing him a certain flower and kimono, he waited patiently for Kagome to wake, eat, and prepare herself for the day.

Just as she moved to gather her bag to bathe and dress, he pulled her aside and, handing her the kimono, said softly, "Take this - wear it for me this day?"

She stared down at it, then looked up, and nodded, swallowing heavily at the look in his eyes. "H-hai."

He moved back and watched as she left the clearing, ignoring the speculative looks from the rest of the group - and Rin and Shippo's grins.

While she was gone, he spoke to Kanna and Inuyasha, letting them know that they would be responsible for Rin and Shippo for the day.

Inuyasha nodded, eyes flat. He may have had to let go of Kagome, but that didn't mean that watching his brother take what should have been his had he not been so blind wasn't still somewhat painful.

He didn't like to think about it.

With a last, weighing glance at Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru moved to intercept his miko as she returned to the village after her bath.

Kagome jumped when he appeared before her without warning, a hand going to her neck. "Sesshoumaru! Oh... you startled me!" she whispered through a tightly clenched throat.

He bowed slightly, then straightened, and pulled a peach rose from his haori sleeve. "I apologize, Kagome - I did not mean to frighten you." He handed her the rose, watching as her eyes widened and a smile lit them. "This one would be honored if you would agree to spend this day with him."

She blinked, then looked up at him happily. A peach rose... let me think... oh! Let's get together... he's asking me out on a date!

"I would love to spend the day with you!"

And with that, began the second-best day of her life - the best being the day he sort of told her he loved her.

He took her to a beautiful meadow, wildflowers blooming here and there amongst the verdant grasses, and she was almost shocked - he'd provided a picnic lunch filled with all sorts of yummy foods - and several more red roses.

She blushed deeply when she saw them, her eyes sparkling up at him happily, and he was more than content to know that he was the cause of that joy that lit her up from within.

They walked together through the field aimlessly before lunch, just enjoying the beautiful day, and content with silence, but after they had eaten, that silence was broken as a time to talk came.

"Sesshoumaru," Kagome asked, "why... why did you go so far away there for a while? I... I thought..." she trailed off, a remnant of sadness passing though her aura, and the daiyoukai sighed.

Pulling her towards him, and ignoring her startled expression, he settled her in his lap, fiercely enjoying this, the first time he'd ever held her this way - this closely.

It most certainly would not be the last.

Once he had her situated the way he liked, he said, "I did not mean for you to take my distance as rejection, Kagome. I had... much to think on, and I am not used to my rather unsocial behavior affecting others at such times. I tend to distance myself from those around me when I have much on my mind."

He tilted her chin up with a finger, and finished, "Perhaps I should have warned you beforehand. For that oversight, I apologize, my miko."

Kagome smiled at him, then nodded as he dropped his hand. "Okay. I understand - the next time you go far away like that, I'll try not to let my fears get to me. I wouldn't want you to get annoyed with a clingy female."

He cocked a brow, an odd glint in his eye and a husky note deepening his voice as he said, "There are times, miko, when a clingy female, as you have said, would be most welcome."

Her eyes widened in shocked surprise, and she spluttered. "T-that... Sesshoumaru... you hentai!"

A smirk crossed his face at that. "No, I am merely a male, miko. Surely you were aware of this?" he asked, lightly mocking her, and he almost lost his iron control and laughed at the stunned look on her face.

"Oh! You are teasing me, Sesshoumaru!"

"Indeed."

With that, he dropped his mask, and once again, drew his miko closer, and she came willingly, knowing what was coming.

More of his divine kisses...

And Kagome wasn't about to miss out on even one.

---oOo---

A/N: Okay, for the first time in this fic, I find myself needing to make a part two to a chapter. It was just getting too long - but I wasn't willing to leave it here - there's too much more I wanted to come out. So, tomorrow, is the part where he asks her to marry him! YAY!

Amber