InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Eternity and Immortality (Part One) ( Chapter 74 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Eternity and Immortality

(Part One)

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

The morning after they had returned with sunflowers tucked protectively into their hands, Sesshoumaru took Inuyasha aside.

"Inuyasha, you and the others will keep the children. I have need of Kagome - there are many matters that we must speak of, now that Naraku has been taken care of."

Inuyasha stared at his brother, then nodded slowly. "How long are ya gonna be gone?"

"Most of the day."

"Whatever. Just take care of her, Sesshoumaru - the way I should have." He stared hard at his brother, then turned and left.

With a final, narrow glance after Inuyasha, he made his way to the elder miko's hut, and entered, politely nodding to the woman, then caught Kagome's eyes and held her gaze.

"There are things we must speak of, miko. Come."

Her brow furrowed, she asked, "What about the children?"

"I have spoken to Inuyasha. He and the others will watch over them, do not be concerned." He held out a hand, and waited for her to take it, then pulled her to her feet.

"Uh... okay," she cast a rather confused glance at Kaede, who merely smiled at her.

"Go on then, child - your betrothed wishes to speak with ye - there is much ye have to discuss, is there not?" she asked, a twinkle in her eye. "Like... perhaps, a wedding?"

Kagome flushed, then looked at Sesshoumaru with wide eyes, and he nodded shortly. "That... amongst other things."

"O-okay," she said hesitantly. "Will I need my bag or anything?"

"No. Now come - I do not wish to waste any more time."

Kaede chuckled as the young woman was led from the hut. Apparently, her youkai Lord is most impatient to claim her now that the threat of the spider is removed...

Without a word, Sesshoumaru tucked her against his side, and forming his cloud under their feet, he lifted them into the air, and they were soon gone from the sight of those still in the village.

Kagome was awed. She'd never flown with him this way, and it was beautiful - not to mention, anything that caused him to hold her was wonderful in her eyes, anyway.

Sesshoumaru glanced down at her, curious as to her reaction, and was pleased to see the smile and wide, joy-filled eyes.

She is so innocent - and I do not think even a thousand years will change that - but I would not want it to.

It is just who she is.

Kagome was surprised when, not very long after they started, they began to descend, and looking around, she caught sight of something that had her jaw dropping in awe.

"Sesshoumaru?! Is... is that...?" she asked.

He nodded. "Yes. That is the Western Shiro, and it will soon be your home."

Kagome looked back at it as they approached, and shivered. It was beautiful - and deadly, just like its master. It sat high on the side of a mountain, and the only approach for those on foot was a narrow switchback path that two people at most could walk side-by-side.

"I bet that place has never fallen to an enemy," she thought, unknowingly saying it out loud.

"You are correct - it has not, nor will it ever. Nothing will harm you here."

She chuckled as they came in and landed in the courtyard. "That's not exactly what I was thinking, but that's okay."

She watched, curious, as what was obviously a warrior came forward, followed by a servant, and noted the looks that were sent her way. Suddenly, she was a bit uncomfortable, and Sesshoumaru, feeling her tension, narrowed icy eyes on them, displeased.

"Is there a reason that you look upon my betrothed in such a manner, Takai?"

There was an instant of stillness throughout the courtyard, and Kagome blushed, as his voice, raised enough for everyone to hear, struck astonishment into the youkai around them.

"N-no, Sesshoumaru-sama, forgive me, I did not realize..." he stumbled to a halt and bowed low, as did the servant, and Sesshoumaru raised a brow, then swept that frozen gaze across the yard, meeting every single eye.

"If anyone here has issue with my choice, then speak now - because to disrespect her is to disrespect me - and this one will not tolerate such."

The silence was loud, and finally, pleased, Sesshoumaru looked down at a slightly embarrassed Kagome and, putting a hand to her back, began to escort her towards the main doors of the shiro.

"Come, miko. There is much I wish to say - and then I will show you your new home."

She nodded, silently following him, wide eyes taking in everything as she was ushered through the halls of the building that she could easily tell was ancient.

It almost seemed to take forever, but finally he slid aside a set of doors that opened into a huge room, and she stepped inside, looking around, surprised. It seemed to be a library - shelves and selves of scrolls stacked neatly, and she clapped her hands with excitement.

"Oh! Sesshoumaru - all these scrolls!"

He nodded, amused at her reaction. "Indeed, miko - but they are not why we are here at this time." He led her to a small area with fluffy cushions and small tables. "Sit here and wait for me, I will return momentarily."

She nodded, a bit uncertain about being left alone, but didn't argue, merely watching quietly as he left the room.

I wonder what he needs to talk to me about that's so important...

I hope it's nothing bad.

---oOo---

A/N: This one is also a two-parter, so don't worry, the next chapter fills this out, and we get to see just what it is he wants to talk to her about - although it should be sorta easy to figure out with the title of the chapters... and yes, the flower for this title appears in the second half of this chapter.

Amber