InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Generosity ( Chapter 76 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Generosity

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Kagome was still in a rather stunned frame of mind after everything that had happened to her - the day wasn't even over yet and it felt like weeks had passed.

The benefits from the spell that Sesshoumaru had performed on her - to extend her life to match his own - became apparent as she thought about her day - as much as had happened, she should be exhausted - and yet, she was not.

This immortality thing was going to be quite useful in the near future, she was sure - because now, there was a wedding to plan, and that always took up a lot of time.

Which brought plenty of questions, since, as a youkai, she was pretty sure his wedding traditions were quite a bit different than ningens.

She tucked those questions away for a time, just enjoying the tour he took her on of the shiro, still almost unable to believe that she would soon be living in such a beautiful place.

The people, though...

"Sesshoumaru..." she trailed off as she caught the rather disgusted look from a female servant, "uhmmm..."

The daiyoukai wasn't as oblivious as he seemed, and he was well aware of the looks his female was receiving. He kept track of every single glance she got - and had plans to take all those who had shown any degree of disdain or dislike for his miko... and get rid of them.

If they couldn't respect his wife, they could find somewhere else to work and live - he had no qualms whatsoever about kicking all those who disliked his choice right out of the west.

"Do not be concerned, miko. Any that have a problem with you, will find themselves looking for new homes. This is my shiro, and these are my lands. I am the Lord, and I answer to no one - and as my wife, you will only answer to me."

He made sure that all those in the corridor heard his words - and the tone of warning he spoke them in.

Kagome swallowed hard, but nodded. This is going to be a little harder than I had really thought about... being his Lady. I guess I'm gonna have to grow a thicker skin...

When he led her outside into the gardens that lay surrounded by the family wing of the shiro, she decided it was time to ask a few of those pressing questions about weddings.

Smiling as she caught sight of a peach tree, she moved to sit beneath it, enjoying the fact that, though it was late summer, the grasses here in the garden were still green, soft, and fragrant.

"My Lord?" she said, a question in her voice, and Sesshoumaru swung around to look at her, somewhat surprised at the way she had spoken.

"Formality, miko? Why do you address me so?"

She chuckled, glancing around a bit nervously. "I... I guess it's just being here. I'm beginning to realize just what I've gotten myself into in agreeing to be your wife. It's... strange - in my time, things aren't done this way - with this level of formality, and there are no Lords anymore," she said.

His brow rose at that. "I see. Does the thought of this life," he gestured around himself, "frighten you?"

"No... but it's gonna take some getting used to, I suppose you could say," she said wryly. "And that brings some other things up... about the wedding."

He nodded, and moved to sit near her. "You wish to know what to expect."

It wasn't a question.

"Yes."

"We will speak our vows before Bokuseno - as the eldest living youkai, it is his duty to see to the marriage of the heads of houses. Unlike human marriages, our ceremony is rather simple - and only a few people are actually invited to attend the ceremony itself."

She cocked her head as she listened, fascinated. That's so different from weddings in my time...

"Once the wedding is over," he continued, "a celebration is held for all family and any others the couple wish to invite. It will be held here, and usually lasts several days."

She looked sad at that, and it only took him seconds to understand.

"Kagome..." he said, slowly, "do you not realize that your family can be present for our joining?"

She snapped her head up to look at him, shocked. "Wh-what?"

"You now have the tama, do you not? It is not a matter of wishing," he said quickly, when he saw her expression, "you would use the jewel to stabilize the well, and tap into the power - so that you would be able to control it, that is all."

"But... how long would I need it?"

"Only the once - then you could dispose of the jewel once and for all."

She looked dubious, but finally nodded. "Okay... so, then - I suppose I need to talk to mama about wedding expenses," she mumbled to herself. "Perhaps... my college fund, since I won't be using it anyway."

He almost glared at her at that. "Do you think me so honorless as to expect you to cover the expenses of our wedding - or for your family to do so?"

Kagome's eyes widened. Oh, boy... I didn't mean it like that - but I think I just offended him...

"I didn't mean it that way, Sesshoumaru! In my time, expenses are usually shared, that's all I meant, honestly," she said placatingly.

He eyed her for a moment, then nodded. "Hn. Do not speak of this again. Any costs will be borne by me, miko, so do not bring this up to your family, either."

She bowed her head, hiding a small smile. Silly youkai... such pride. "Hai, my Lord - your generosity is appreciated."

"Generosity?" he questioned, a frown marring his brow. "Is that what you see it as?"

She laughed, then. "And isn't that what it is, Sesshoumaru? Would you do such a thing for just anyone? Sure, it's your wedding, too, but..." she cast him an impish grin, then pointed up. "Did you know... peach blossoms stand for generosity?"

He stared at her consideringly for a moment, then moved closer to her, so quickly she had no chance to get away, and knocked her over onto her back. He hovered over her for a moment, a wicked glint in his eye, then bent to kiss her.

She didn't even attempt to fight it, opening for him eagerly, and the next few minutes were spent pleasurably engrossed in his kiss.

When he finally pulled away to see her eyes, dazed with passion, he smiled just slightly, and asked, "And does kissing you also show my 'generosity'?"

She grinned up at him. "Why, yes it does, my Lord. After all, you are sharing yourself with me willingly - I would call that quite generous."

Narrowed eyes met her grin. "Then I think that on our wedding night, miko, you will find me even more generous than you ever imagined I could be." His voice dropped huskily, and he finished, "You will find that I can be very generous to those that please me, little onna..."

As Kagome shivered, he chuckled.

"Yes... for you, I will always be very generous."

Kagome almost whimpered at that, his voice, and the promise behind his words, effectively stripping her of the ability to speak.

Oh...kami... I can just bet.

What have I gotten myself into?

---oOo---

A/N: Damn! (fans herself at the promise implicit in those words) why can't all men be that damn sexy?

Amber