InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Perfection ( Chapter 82 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Perfection

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Sesshoumaru flared his aura hard as the old flea approached and attempted to sneak in a free snack, knocking the annoying pest backwards.

"Did you really think that I would not notice you, Myouga?" he asked, one slender brow cocked.

"Heh... no, Sesshoumaru-sama... but I had to try. Even a servant needs to eat."

"That is what animals are for, flea. If you feel the need to eat, find a rabbit or other lower life-form, but do not attempt to place that pointy beak on this one again." He flicked a speck of dust from his sleeve, and pinned the little flea with a hard gaze. "I trust that you followed my instructions, and have what I requested ready?"

"Oh, yes, Sesshoumaru-sama... the," he coughed self-importantly as he crossed his arms and folded them into his sleeves, "items, should be arriving momentarily with Totosai." Just as he said that, a thunderclap shook the area, and the old swordsmith landed before Sesshoumaru on his cow.

He stared at the old man, not impressed, and Totosai immediately decided not to press the daiyoukai's nerves with his 'forgetful old man' act, instead hurrying over and presenting several packages to the Lord.

Sesshoumaru took the packages, and, opening the largest one, fingered the fabric thus revealed. He gazed at it for a moment, then nodded.

"This one is pleased... it will look beautiful on her. You have done well, Myouga."

The little servant cleared his throat hesitantly. "Ah... my Lord, this one would like to know if you have settled on a date yet?"

"Eight days hence," he said absently, as he looked into the smaller packages to make sure that they were as he desired.

"Very good, my Lord - then this old flea will take his leave, and make sure that everything is prepared. You will follow the traditional Inu wedding?"

He looked up at that. "Yes... with a few small modifications. When Kagome enters Bokuseno's clearing, Rin will walk ahead of her lining her path with flowers. And Shippo will stand at my side, as I will participate in a human custom of her time - I will be placing a ring upon her left hand. It is a symbol of marriage in her era. The kit will be the ring-bearer."

Myouga blinked, then nodded. "Those will not cause any problems. If that is all, then, my Lord?" he asked.

"You may go." He pinned him with a serious look. "Do not fail me, Myouga," he turned that look on Totosai, who shivered, "and that goes for you as well, old man. I will tolerate no mistakes in this matter."

The two bowed, and quickly, Totosai was back on his bull, and gone, both eager to get away from the daiyoukai.

Sesshoumaru watched them leave, then turned on his heel and headed for the old miko's hut. He had some things to deliver to his miko... once she arrived back from her era.

Since she had only asked Rin to be her flower girl yesterday, there wouldn't be time to have a kimono made in his era for the child, so she was going to buy one in her era instead, and had left that morning with the little girl and Shippo, taking them both with her, since she had promised that the next time she went home, they'd both go.

To his surprise, her and the children were already back, and when he entered carrying the parcels, the hut fell silent as all the women inside eyed him.

He, however, ignored everyone else, and handed the heavy packages to Kagome, who took them with a furrowed brow and a questioning look on her face.

"Your wedding kimono and accessories, my miko. I hope that they meet with your approval - for one who knows your language of flowers, your ensemble will speak... loudly." With that, he tilted his head, turned and left, and Kagome stared at the packages in her arms, just a bit startled.

"What did he mean by that, I wonder?" she mused aloud, and Sango, Kanna, Kaede, and Rin soon had her unwrapping the packages.

The hut fell silent as the outer kimono itself came into view as everyone stared at it, stunned.

Kagome's eyes were wide, and she almost was afraid to touch the beautiful piece of art that had been revealed.

Because that's what it was.

Art.

It was hand-painted white silk, gorgeous beyond description, soft and delicate looking.

The bottom of the kimono was rife with flowers, all beneath a blooming sakura tree, it was like standing in a field in a riot of color, and she took note of the flowers represented on it... it brought tears to her eyes.

Every single flower that was on it had some sort of affiliation with love, marriage - and passion.

There were red roses, of course, and peonies, stephanotis, orange blossom, variegated ivy, jonquil, aster, sakura blossoms, daisies, forget-me-nots, heliotrope, and orchids.

All of them, in one way or another, spoke of lasting love, passion, desire, and joy in marriage... and it was his way of promising those things to her - in a very visual, open way.

It was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen, and the others in the hut seemed to agree, if the exclamations of delight and awe were anything to go by.

The under layers of the kimono reflected her intendeds colors, and the obi, white and red, symbolizing unity...

Just as he'd said, the whole thing spoke volumes to those who knew the meanings of the flowers.

The other, smaller packages contained jeweled clips in a sakura blossom pattern, as that was his house symbol, and a matching necklace.

And last but not least, special slippers that he'd had designed just for her, since she wasn't comfortable walking in the shoes of his era.

Kagome was completely overwhelmed by it all, and with a mischievous grin, Rin left the hut, looking for her Sesshoumaru-sama. When she found him, she went and sat by him, then looked up at him, still smiling.

"The kimono is beautiful, Sesshoumaru-sama," she said softly, "but Rin thinks you forgot one flower..." she trailed off, and Sesshoumaru tilted his head, brow quirked questioningly.

"Which flower is that, Rin?" he asked, thinking to humor her.

"Sweet william, Sesshoumaru-sama... for perfection."

He blinked, startled, and then thought about it.

She is right... I should have had that flower added.

I can just see her now... she will be perfection - no....

She already
is perfection.

She should always have sweet william around her, then.

"Perhaps, Rin," he said as he looked down into the child's sweet brown eyes, "we should just make sure she is surrounded by that flower at the wedding."

Rin thought about that for a moment, then nodded solemnly. "That's a good idea, Sesshoumaru-sama. Rin will remind you, just in case."

He chuckled internally.

As if I would ever forget.

---oOo---

A/N: Well... counting down the days....

Amber