InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ You are Wonderful Friends (Part One) ( Chapter 86 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You are Wonderful Friends
(Part One)

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

One more day...

Kagome swallowed heavily as that thought greeted her immediately on awakening, and then she sighed.

Sheesh. Even in my sleep, my nerves are shot. How am I gonna make it through the next two days with any sanity intact?

And then excitement began to push aside the fear... my mom, and my family and friends are finally gonna get the chance to see what my life is really like...

She smiled a little half-smile and sat up, glancing around the hut. Looks like everyone's still asleep... but I'm done, so I may as well get up and go outside for a while.

She quietly stood up, unraveling herself from the blankets, and, with one last glance around to make sure she hadn't woken anyone, she tip-toed out the door, and slipped away from the hut towards the large, open common area of the village.

With a happy little hum, she stretched, and then sat down, back against one of the trees, and watched the sun rise.

It was one last chance for some alone time as a single girl...

Tomorrow, she would be a married woman.

She wasn't entirely sure just how long she'd sat there, having closed her eyes so she could feel the sun's warmth, when she felt his presence. She opened her eyes to see him standing before her, hand held out to her, an enigmatic look on his face.

Tilting her head questioningly, she took his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet.

"Is something wrong, Sesshoumaru?"

He didn't answer her at first, seemingly content to hold onto her hand and watch her, but finally, after a few moments, he blinked, and said, "No. Everything is right." With a gentle tug on her hand, he pulled her back towards Kaede's hut. "You need to get everything ready to leave, my miko - we will need to go to your side of the well soon to bring your family and friends."

She nodded, excitement lighting her eyes. "Okay." She smiled, then, unable to contain her joy - especially when she caught sight of Sango and Kohaku sitting together, obviously just having woken.

Could it get any better than this? she thought. Everyone happy, and Naraku no longer any danger to anyone... Life can finally begin to move on...

A happy flush lay across her cheeks as she watched her friends begin the day - Inuyasha hovering protectively over Kanna, who was blushing sweetly at the attention from the hanyou, Miroku smiling gently at his taijiya and her brother, and the children - who were staring at her and Sesshoumaru with huge smiles on their faces.

And now my other friends can come and meet everyone! Well... of course, they already know Inuyasha, and they've met Sesshoumaru - but now they can meet my children... and the others.

I need chrysanthemums... lots of them for all my friends... because they are all so wonderful!

"Sesshoumaru - I think I need to go home now - there's something I want to go to the store and get, before we need to be there to start bringing everyone over here."

He turned to look down at her with a quirked brow. "What is it that you need, miko?"

She smiled up at him mischievously. "Just... something. Let me grab my bag and then we'll go to the well." She glanced at the Rin and Shippo, who were sitting together, and motioned them over to her. "You two wait right here with Sesshoumaru. I'm gonna get my stuff, and then we'll go over to my time, okay?"

The kids nodded, and she ran into the hut, grabbing her bag, she turned and ran back out with a wave to Kaede.

Within minutes, they were at the well, and then through it, and when they came out into the wellhouse, they immediately opened the doors and walked out, knowing that no one would be around to see, since the shrine was closed for the next five days.

After everyone was settled in the house, Kagome cornered her mother, telling her what she wanted, and Hitomi smiled, handing her daughter the credit card, she allowed her to go for it, knowing this would really be the last thing she'd do for her daughter before she became a married woman.

Kagome returned about an hour later, just before her friends were due to arrive, with several bunches of vari-colored chrysanthemums, and putting them in several vases of water to wait, she smiled happily, content that she'd made it in time and would have them ready to go.

Just about the time she finished up, before she could make it back into the living room and speak with Sesshoumaru, her friends arrived, and the place became a madhouse as the girl's and their overnight bags were were escorted to the wellhouse.

It was at this juncture that Kagome inhaled deeply, and then let it all out, a nervous look crossing her face as she turned to look at her slightly confused friends.

"Eh, heh... well," she smiled and put her hand to her heart, "this is where things are about to get weird, guys," she said to them, as Sesshoumaru, her mother, grandfather, Souta, Rin, and Shippo joined them in front of the wellhouse doors.

Yuka narrowed her eyes on Kagome. "Spit it out, girl. What's so weird that you've got that look on your face?" she asked.

She grinned sheepishly at her friends.

"Would you all believe that we're going into the past... like... five hundred years into the past?" she managed to squeak out.

Her friends all stared at her, flabbergasted.

This was not what they'd expected.

---oOo---

A/N: You all know the drill - tomorrow, part two of this particular chapter will come out.

Amber