InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Separation ( Chapter 95 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Separation

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Sesshoumaru stared with appreciation at the very thing he'd come into the Taisho storehouses that were hidden beneath the shiro to find.

It was a box - a wooden box. Intricately carved and endlessly beautiful, it was truly a magnificent work of art - unless you were an object placed inside it.

The box itself was carved from wormwood - it meant separation - and it was appropriate. Because anything placed inside it was completely separated from the outside world - no matter how powerful the object was, and how far it's aura could go, once it was inside the box, it may as well not exist at all.

On top of being carved from wormwood, with all the power inherent in its name to effectively separate it's contents from the real world, it had also had even more enchantments cast into its aged wood. Everything that could bind something, lock it away, was added, and it was eminently effective.

He reached into his haori sleeve and pulled out the konjou tama, and smirked malevolently at it.

"Can you feel this box, Naraku?" he asked. "Did I not promise to seal you away completely? Only I will ever know your true fate - and only I will ever be able to let you out... when I feel like torturing you. But at least, it is a beautiful prison - far more beautiful than one such as you deserves."

The tama glowed sullenly, and Sesshoumaru delighted in the pulses and throbs of fear and hatred that rang from the tiny jewel. It fed his darker desires with it's negative emotions - desires that would always be a part of him.

He once again allowed a little of his poison to drip onto the surface of the tama, a thrill thrumming through him as he felt the burning of the spider's spirit through his physical connection to the jewel.

Wrong it may be, and my wife would not care for this, but I do so enjoy the tormenting of the damned. Vengeance has always tasted so good...

And even more so, this time. This time, it is
delicious.

He stared at the jewel for a few more minutes, and then, wiping the remnants of his poison from the surface of the tama, he held it up for a moment.

"Look around as well as you may, Naraku, and enjoy this last glimpse of the world for some time to come. The only time you will see daylight from here on out, is when I desire to torment you."

With one last, frightened pulse, the jewel faded into dormancy, and Sesshoumaru placed it almost gently onto the tiny velvet cushion that lay within the box.

Shutting the lid slowly, he nodded, pleased, as the aura of the jewel, and the spider within, completely faded away - as though he'd never even been there.

Placing the box back on the shelf before him, he placed a tiny lock in it's clasp, and then sealed it, placing the key into his haori sleeve, before turning away and beginning the rather long walk back to the entrance to the catacombs.

Even were someone to find this place, it was highly unlikely that they'd come across the remains of the spider...

Not when there were many costly items and beautiful treasures strewn throughout the chambers below his shiro.

After all, beautifully carved or not... who would look twice at a wooden box, when gold, silver, and jewels beyond compare lay in piles all over the place, and ancient artifacts of power sat openly on the shelves?

The box itself would present itself as a cipher...

Nothing.

And that is exactly the way Sesshoumaru wanted it.

Until the world ended, Naraku would have no part of it again.

---oOo---

A/N: A little dark, sure... but in that chapter where Sesshoumaru first torments Naraku when he's in the jewel, he promised to lock him up even more... and come on, this is Sesshoumaru. Love Kagome and Rin or not, he's still got that dark side...

I'll join the darkside, too... as soon as they have cookies.

I know, this one's a little short, but I'm struggling to keep up right now... my husbands military retirement date is this Saturday - and there's several things we have to do before then - tomorrows going to be hell all by itself, so I'll probably post late on the next chapter, and it might be short, too.

Amber