InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Fruitfulness ( Chapter 94 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fruitfulness

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

"No... not those, either. They just don't say what I want them to say," Miroku sighed.

Kagome huffed in annoyed amusement - she and Miroku had been sitting in the garden outside her and her husbands private rooms for hours, trying to come up with a flower he liked for Sango's bouquet. He'd decided to go with flowers that meant something, rather than just whatever flowers were handy - and it was this that was causing all the irritation.

None of them were seemingly what he wanted.

In exasperation, Kagome pulled out her other list - this one had more flowers, and was more detailed, and began pouring over it.

He was instantly hovering behind her shoulder, looking over to read the list himself - and that's when trouble struck.

"This one! This is the one I want," he almost shouted, a joyous not in his voice.

Kagome frowned. "Which one?"

"This one!" He pressed a finger to the paper. "The orange blossom."

"Ah - a symbol of marriage, I see. Good choice."

"Oh, it's a symbol of that, too, huh... didn't notice that," he said. "Guess it is a good choice, then."

Frown appearing again, and deeper, she asked slowly, "If that's not the meaning you were thinking of, then what...?"

He chuckled. "See - this one. Fruitfulness," he said, a lecherous note in his voice that a virgin wouldn't miss.

Kagome whipped around to stare at him, a scowl now painting her face. "What?!" she hollered. "You want her wedding flower to be about having lots of kids?! You insensitive dolt!"

"What?" he drew back defensively. "What's so wrong about that? She swore she would bear my children! Now she's going to live up to that promise!"

"Ugh! I can't believe you, Miroku!" She threw her hands up in the air and stomped off, calling over her shoulder, "You are not going to be having a traditional wedding night, you baka, see if I'm not right! The only place you'll be laying will be in the grass - with hiraikotsu buried in your skull!"

With that, she disappeared back inside the shiro, and Miroku sighed. No one understands me...

He chuckled, and went back inside himself, looking for Sango.

Orange blossoms... they stand for marriage, too, so... who says Sango has to know that the meaning I'm actually thinking about is the fruitfulness part of things?

And he continued to think that, too... until just after his wedding was finished - and Kagome let his new wife in on the secret.

The day had gone so well, too, he thought morosely, staring at the doors into the small hut that lay on the edge of his former master's shrine.

The closed doors.

The closed doors that he was sitting on the outside of.

It had been such a beautiful and auspicious wedding. The day was bright and warm, the sun shining merrily and the birds singing...

The temple had looked awe-inspiring, and the sake... well, the sake was bitter, but all the better, in his eyes as they performed the san san kudo.

And Sango?

She'd looked gorgeous... a beautiful, formal kimono gifted to her by Kagome and her husband wrapped around her slender frame, the peach and mint greens of it warming her coloring and making her come to life.

And then it all got ruined when Sango had shyly thanked him after the ceremony was complete for the flowers - and Kagome had glared at him, and told her exactly what his chosen meaning was.

Vindictive woman... he'd thought as his new wife had glared at him and then shoved the flowers into his robes - leaving Sesshoumaru to shake his head at him as the two women stormed away.

Now, it was supposed to be his wedding night, where they'd be getting to the fruitfulness part of things, and instead, he was sitting out here in the grass, beginning to freeze his backside off as he stared longingly at the brightly lit, warm hut his new bride was sitting in.

With Kagome, and Kanna.

It just wasn't fair... he was stuck with Sesshoumaru - and Inuyasha.

"Wow, Miroku... you managed to get kicked out of your own wedding night because you couldn't keep your perverted thoughts to yourself - how's that feel?" Inuyasha asked, smirking, as his brother cocked a brow expectantly.

His shoulders slumped. "But that's what the wedding nights for! Lechery! Legal lechery, at that! So what's so wrong about acknowledging that fact?" he whined.

Sesshoumaru shook his head and stood. "You have much to learn about females, monk. Perhaps your taijiya will actually have the patience to teach you." With that, he moved to the small hut, and slid the door open after tapping warningly on the side of it.

"Come, wife... it is time to begin the journey home. Leave the taijiya here to begin the monk's punishment," he added, with a slight smirk, and Inuyasha nodded.

"Yeah, Kanna, let's go and leave the hentai here to get smacked around. I don't want to stick around and listen to it, either."

With that, the two women said their goodbyes to the newest wife, and grabbing the children, Kagome made for her husband, and Ah-Uhn.

Within moments, the group was gone, leaving a glaring Sango, and a begging Miroku alone in the field...

And then, there was only a begging monk, as Sango went back into the hut and closed the doors with a solid sounding thunk.

So much for fruitfulness, he sighed. I'll probably never have children at this rate.

That night was a long night...

But not for the usual reason.

---oOo---

A/N: I'm sorry but I couldn't let this one get away. Miroku and his hentainess isn't going to stop just because he got married... it'll just be directed at Sango - who probably won't appreciate it any more now than she did before. And then the humor of the situation hit me, and I just had to write this. Don't worry... Sango won't stay mad forever....

Amber