InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Frog Houshi ❯ Idea from a Story ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

disclaimer: see chapter 4

okay, last chapter was kinda pointless, but like i said, i took a detour and i wanted to show that being a frog can be inconvenient.

 


VI. Idea from a Story

It was noon, after lunch. They still hadn't thought up any ideas yet, and they were getting frustrated. Inuyasha sat in his tree and dozed off while Shippo was getting ready for his afternoon nap.

"Okay Shippo, since we didn't have time for a story because of the frog rescue mission, I'm going to make up for it, you can have a story now. Which story do you want to hear?" Kagome asked as Shippo handed her the book.

Sango sat up and crawled over to her friend. "Wait, Kagome, there's a story I want to hear."

"Oh? Which one?" Kagome held out the book so Sango could show her. The taijiya flipped through the book until she came upon the picture she and Shippo found earlier with the girl kissing a frog.

"Here. Shippo and I want to know why she's kissing that frog," Sango said as she handed the book back.

Kagome's eyes lit up when she saw the story. "Why didn't I think of it? It's perfect!" she exclaimed, receiving strange looks from her friends.

"What's perfect?" Sango asked hesitantly.

"It can help us with the situation at hand." Sango still looked confused, as did Shippo. "Oh, um, I'll explain it to you. The story is called 'The Frog Prince'. Once upon a time…" Kagome started reading.

The story was about a princess who liked to play with her ball by a pond. One day, her ball fell into the pond. A frog that could talk appeared and retrieved the ball for her, and in return, she brought him home. That night, the frog asked the princess to kiss him. The princess was disgusted at the thought of kissing the frog that she refused. But the frog wouldn't give up. He spent the whole with the princess getting to know each other. That night, he asked her to kiss him again, but she refused. The princess was starting to like the frog, even though he was an amphibian. So on the third night, when he asked her to kiss him, she did (that was what the picture was illustrating). And when she opened her eyes, instead of a frog, there was a prince standing before her. They got married and lived happily ever after.

"So?" Sango asked when Kagome was done. "It was a good story, but I don't see how it can help us."

Instead of answering her, Kagome turned to Shippo. "Shippo, do you remember the story I read to you called 'Sleeping Beauty'?" The kitsune nodded.

"How does it end, do you remember?" Kagome asked.

Shippo thought hard, "Hey, I remember! The prince broke the spell by kissing the princess!"

"That's right. In fairytales, spells are always broken by true love's first kiss," Kagome sighed dreamily. Then she turned to Sango, "A kiss, that's what we need! And you are going to provide it."

Sango gulped. She was still not clear about Kagome's plan, but she had a sinking feeling that she knew what Kagome wanted."To break Miroku's spell, you," Kagome pointed at Sango "Have to kiss him!"

 


hehe, poor sango...

Miroku: mmm...I can't wait for the next chapter, come on MapleRose, hurry, hurry so I get to kiss Sango!!
MR: Isn't she supposed to kiss you, not the other way around. besides, you're not supposed to even know about this yet.
Miroku: well I do now, and I don't care who kisses who as long as it's a kiss.
MR: wait, you're a frog, so how come you can talk
Miroku: I'm talking to you telepathically
MR: 0_0

BTW, the frog prince story was based on a version i heard a while ago with my own modifications (the question asked for three nights thing)

next chapter: To Break the Spell...