InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Frog Houshi ❯ To Break the Spell ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

VII. To Break the Spell 

"Kiss him! Are you nuts!!" Sango shouted and stood up quickly. "I'm not going to kiss him!" she folded her arms.

"Come on Sango, please? We promise we won't rub it in," Kagome tried to reason with her. "Besides, you are the only one who could do it."

"Why?" Sango asked. "Why couldn't you kiss him?"

"Come on Sango, you know you want to," Kagome smiled mischievously.

Sango's face went red. There were times that she looked at the houshi's lips longingly, wondering what it would be like to kiss them before she mentally slapped herself, but there was no way she'd admit that to anyone, especially to the miko. "It's a frog! It's slimy and wet and - "

"But that's Miroku! And I know you want to kiss him."

"No I don't!" she protested quickly, but she didn't sound very convincing because Kagome just raised her eyebrow in an oh-really kind of way.

"That, that's not the point, you are a girl too, you can turn him back," Sango tried again.

"No I can't," Kagome shook her head. "Remember, only his true love can break the spell."

"True, l-love?" Sango's stammered, her face going even redder.

"That's right! We'll leave you two alone. Come on Shippo, Kirara!" Kagome beckoned her friends while dragging the hanyou away from the camp.

"Aw, Kagome, I wanna see!" Inuyasha whispered. But Sango heard him.

"Fine. I'll do this on one condition: you will leave us alone, and no peeking!" Sango put her hands on her hips and gave her friends the death stare, making Inuyasha hide behind Kagome. Just to be sure, she asked Kirara to keep watch, especially on Kagome and Inuyasha.

"What are you grinning like an idiot for!" she scowled at the frog when her friends were out of sight. To tell the truth, she did kind of want to kiss him, even though he was a frog. But there was no way that she would admit that!

"All right Houshi-sama, are you ready to become an annoying, stupid, and perverted monk again?" she glared at the frog, who was looking up at her with a grin that stretched across his face. It was big even for frogs. He croaked happily and jumped eagerly into her cupped hands. She held him up to her face, her hands on either side of him under his front arms.

Sango took a deep breath and prepared herself for the sliminess of the frog's skin. She shut her eyes and placed a very short kiss on his forehead and let him go.

She heard a faint plop and opened her eyes, expecting to see the monk, but there was nobody in front of her. She was about to step when she heard a faint croak. She looked down and saw the frog on the ground, lying on his back.

Sango gasped and stooped down. "Are you okay?" When she was sure he was going to be all right, she realized there was a bigger problem.

"What happened? It was supposed to work. Ha! Guess Kagome's wrong, I'm not the one to break the spell." She was triumphant for a split second before she realized what she just said. Her face fell. Kagome and the story said that only the true love's kiss could break the spell. Sango wasn't able to break it, so that meant she wasn't his true love after all. She sat down slowly on a boulder while the realization sank in.

Kagome was wrong, I'm not his true love.

Sango felt sad and disappointed. She really cared about him, even though he was sometimes annoying. She had really hoped that he felt about her the same way.Silly me. There are tons of girls that he could have. I was foolish to think that I was the one…

 


that wasn't what you were expecting, was it? sry if the ending's a bit depressing though... i decided to put a bit of a twist in this. 

 how are they going to turn Miroku back into a frog? what will happen between Sango and Miroku? tune in next time to find out.

next chapter: is froggy Miroku trying to tell Sango about something? maybe he has an idea about how to change him back...