InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Game ❯ And his choice is.... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*******************

And his choice is....

*******************

Inu-Yasha's eyes shook back and forth. He could see Kagome beginning to cry in fear (although she'd never admit to it) as he began to press the dagger up against her arm. Iyo with his little smirk on his face. The sick bastard! How could he like teasing people like this?

For sometime he just stared at Kagome, covered in dirt and blood. Her clothes were torn and by the looks of things she couldn't even stand. He could see her breath on the air in front of her. `She must be freezing.' He thought. Inu-Yasha thought he had made up his mind, until he remembered that the jewel would just give Iyo more strength and he didn't know if he would be able to stand it. Tomorrow night was a new moon and he'd be helpless if he attacked then, even if Kagome was safe and alive she wouldn't be for long.

"I am getting impatient. You know, thinking about it, maybe I should just take… Now what did you call her? Ah, yes Kagome. And leave the jewel. She is very beautiful." Kagome began to whimper as he stroked her neck between her ear and shoulder.

"Get your hands off of her!" Inu-Yasha screamed. Kagome looked up at him. Her cheeks damp with tears; nose red from the cold.

"Oh, so have you made up your mind then?"

Finally Kagome found her voice. "No." She started to shake her head back and forth. "No. Take the…"

"Shut up Bi…!" He raised a hand to slap her again.

"I said don't touch her!" Inu-Yasha yelled more franticly. "Leave Kagome alone! You can have the stupid jewel!"

"So is that your final decision then?" Iyo said looking at him with a sort of awe.

"Yes." Replied Inu-Yasha with a slight nod.

"Ok then, if that's really what you want. Then you can have her." Iyo grabbed Kagome by the arm and ripped her from the grasp of his two henchmen and threw her at Inu-Yasha. Then jumped up and vanished over another set of dead trees, while Inu-Yasha caught the flying Kagome.

"Are you ok, Kagome?" He asked uniting her hands. Kagome tried to stand up.

"Ya, I'm fine. But will you stop moving around?" She said and fell into Inu-Yasha. Then he noticed it, a small cut on the side of her arm as if it was made by a knife.

"But I'm not moving." He replied. Kagome fell, shivering right into his chest.

"It's s-so cold." She sputtered in clouds of white smoke.

Inu-Yasha pulled off the jacket of his kimono and rapped it around Kagome. Then he rapped his arms around her and began running down the side of the mountain. Scaling over cliffs, jumping over streams of ice, and skimming over the lifeless trees as he raced to Kaede's village. But her breathing kept getting louder and faster.

Kagome looked up at his face, so determined to get back in time to save her. However she also knew he was thinking about how to get the shard back too. She would have stared to cry if it wasn't so cold.

"I'm sorry…Inu-Yasha." She said finally.

He almost lost his balance from shear surprise that one… She was able to speak and two… She was sorry?

"Why should you be sorry?" He replied as he got his balance back.

"I lost, the jewel…"

`How can she say that? I was the one that gave it up.' Thought Inu-Yasha.

"And I-I don't know, if… if…"

"Don't say it. `Cause you're not going to die. We'll make it back in time… And that old witch will get that poison out of you."

"I wish [gasp] that you could be right." She was breathing really heavily and chill air piercing her lung every time she took a breath; as if she were swallowing needles.

"Don't talk like that!" He was running as fast as demonly possible now. Every thing around them was all a blur, but Inu-Yasha seemed to know where they were going. "We're going to make it!"

They were silent for a while and with every passing minute Kagome's condition got worse. Her breathing was heavy and she couldn't stop shivering. Snow was beginning to fall. He needed to find someplace warm other wise she'd freeze. Some how she would just have to try and keep living until the snow stopped. He searched for a dry place to build a fire and just as luck would have it there was an old abandoned shack just a few yards away.