InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Game ❯ Help is on the way.... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*******************

Help is on the way...

*******************

Inu-Yasha's ears perked up.

"What is it?" Kagome gasped.

"There is something outside." He looked around the cabin. "Here." He picked her up and placed her on the bed of hay then covered her with it. "Just don't move."

"I… don't think… that will be… a problem."

`She's getting worse.' Inu-Yasha thought but, he still smiled softly back. Then covered her head and turned to open the door.

He opened the door slowly and noticed that it was still snowing pretty badly. There was a group of something coming towards them but, he couldn't make it out. Inu-Yasha placed a hand on the hilt of his sword. Then took a breath and jumped through the door rearing the Tetusaiga. Two voices could be heard screaming through the sheets of snow.

"Inu-Yasha?! Is that you?!" Yelled a familiar voice.

"Who are you?!" He yelled back.

"It's us!" yelled another one.

"Who is `us'?!"

"Shippo!" Suddenly a kitsune jumped out of nowhere onto Inu-Yasha grabbing onto his hair "handles".

"Where's Kagome?"

"Inside…" He said bewildered. Shippo jumped down from him and ran inside the hut. "Whoa… Whoa… Hold up. Where did you guy's come from?"

"Kagome?" Asked Shippo (who was totally ignoring Inu-Yasha) to what he thought to be an empty room. "Where are you?"

"Over… here…" said the hay stack. All the others walked into the room. Inu-Yasha stepped forward to uncover Kagome and lift her head up so she could see them. "Who's… that…?"

"Kagome, can't you tell who we are?"

"Shippo…? Is that… you?" She asked wearily.

"Kagome, what happened?"

"…"

"I'll tell them." Inu-Yasha told her and laid Kagome back down on the hay. "You get some rest. Just don't die." Kagome nodded her head yes, with a weak smile, and closed her eyes. Soon after they thought her to be fast asleep…

"Is it all right to let her fall asleep?" Shippo piped out.

Inu-Yasha shook his head `no' at the kitsune and then proceeded to tell them of chasing after Obi and Rah. Then of that bastard Iyo and his "game". How he took the jewel, and then poisoned Kagome. Then of the snow storm and how they wound up in this shack. Once he had finished telling his tale; Miroku was the first to speak.

"So she's really dying?"

Inu-Yasha just nodded as Miroku threw his fist into the ground leaving a dent in the matted earth.

"Myoga, do you think you could suck out the poison?" Shippo asked, "Like you did to Inu-Yasha?"

"I wish that it would help. The poison of which ye speak has been in her blood for far to long for me to do any good."

"So there's nothing we can do?" Sango voiced.

"…" [Everyone]

All fell silent and the fire flickered however, outside where a pair of spies roaming around that didn't seem to like their new assignment.

"Me c-can't believe, me and ye hast to fallow the girly."

"Lord Iyo, said the girly must be dead and to fallow Inu-Yasha; then report, Rah."

"I think we should take her back to her own time. It's probably the best thing to do." All eyes were on Inu-Yasha after what he just said.

"But…" Shippo protested.

"Inu-Yasha is right, Shippo… Kagome will probably want to see her family one last time." Sango replied.

"I know." He mumbled.

"We should leave as soon as this blizzard lets up." Miroku announced. Inu-Yasha looked back over his shoulder and nodded in agreement.

Kagome felt like crying but then again that would give her away. She was awake and had been listening to the whole conversation. He wanted to take her back after he had just…But it was true that she did want to see her family again. `Am I really going to die?' she thought. She opened her eyes slowly, to see that Inu-Yasha was still staring at her. The outlines of his face where a little blurry. She was loosing her eye sight!

Inu-Yasha walked over to Kagome, sat down next to her, picked up her hand, and held it tightly in his grasp. He leaned his back up against the wall and just sat there staring at her, with such intentness, that Kagome felt like he was trying to burn a hole in her by ESP. They just sat like that for what seemed like forever, or at least until Kagome fell back asleep.