InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Game ❯ What's a hospital? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

******************

What's a hospital?

******************

Back in Kagome's time. . . Inu-Yasha ran strait to the main building which had been made into the house that Kagome and her family now occupied and flung open the front door, then preceded to find the Higurashi family.

They were sitting at the dinner table half way through their meal, when the door to the kitchen slid open revealing Inu-Yasha holding Kagome's limp body.

"What have you done!!!" Mrs. Higurashi screamed spraying rice all over the table. She jumped up and grabbed Kagome from Inu-Yasha.

"She's in a dead sleep."

"Dead sleep!!!" Mrs. Higurashi began to cradle Kagome's body and cry.

"Let me see her, darling." Kagome's grandfather took Kagome's wrist. "She's till alive! It must be a coma! Quick we have to get her to hospital! You take her to the car and I'll phone the hospital to tell them we're coming!"

With that they were off. Mrs. Higurashi ran, daughter in hand to the car parked in the street and Gramps pulled out a small black box (what we know to be called a cell phone) and began to "call" the hospital. Sota and Inu-Yasha followed them.

Mrs. Higurashi jumped in the back seat with Kagome, Gramps climbed into the drivers seat, and Sota flung him self in the back just as the car took off, leaving Inu-Yasha to follow behind.

They sped past many tall and odd shaped buildings, the sun was almost set when they reached the ER. A stretcher and several people dressed in light pastel colored clothing (know to us as doctors) where waiting for them as they pulled up. Inu-Yasha tried to follow Kagome in but was stopped by Mrs. Higurashi.

"This is all your fault!! You stay out here!" Inu-Yasha was about to reply but held his tong as a man dressed in all white called her over and began to ask her questions. The strangely dressed people had placed Kagome on a board on wheels (stretcher) and rolled her inside.

Gramps, Sota, and Mrs. Higurashi sat in the waiting room. Well, most of the time anyway. Mrs. Higurashi would constantly stand and pace the room or run sobbing to the restroom. Sota was more interested in the magazines and Gramps was trying to use one of his "past down from generations" spell. All the while Inu-Yasha sat in a pine tree out side the waiting room window watching as another woman in white walked up to Mrs. Higurashi.

She sat down next to her, while Mrs. Higurashi tried to compose her self. Once she though it was okay to speak the nurse said something that brought a whole new flood of tears to her eyes.

"Damn it. I can't hear." Inu-Yasha said quietly.

He had all ready found out the hard way that demons in trees looking through hospital windows were not a common sight. Especially loud, cursing demons. This man in blue had tried to "arrest" him, what ever that is. However, he ran away when Inu-Yasha threw him about a yard away and into a by stander when he had attempted to "cuff" him, yet again what ever the hell that is.

`Grr, I wish I could hear them. What the hell is happening in there?'