InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Game ❯ In an unconscious mind ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**********************

In an unconscious mind

**********************

Mean while, Kagome has been walking around aimlessly through a dark forest. It looks about October but it's so cold that Kagome's breaths come out as puffs of smoke. Her calls for help echo back with no reply accept for the icy wind and a rustle of leaves. Her cheeks are red and iced over from tears. She couldn't figure out how all this had happened or how long she had been wondering around like this. Only that no one else seemed to be around. Only the wind and the sound of water dripping. Dripping incessantly in her ears. It nagged at her, like she had heard it somewhere before and was on the verge of remembering it when the world would spin and she would be some where else and a different obnoxious sound would begin. Like the sound of thunder and rain or of some one calling out her name. However, it was always as cold, dark, and damp as the forest she was currently in.

This time it was beginning to snow she felt like she could be flying, but shook it off.

"I'm probably just so tired and cold that I'm hallucinating." She said in a soft dry voice. "But that sound of water. Where is it coming from. Oh gods. My hands are purple. HELP! HELP ME-eke-k." She was beginning to cough violently.

"Kagome!?" He jumped down from his tree and ran to where the sound was coming from. It was an open window about five up. `That has got to be her!' He stated as he leapt up and through the open window. What he saw next scared him more than Naraku. It was Kagome. She was strapped down to a bed wriggling around, and purple as a plum. She had tubes coming out of everywhere. Her mom was standing in the doorway staring, horrified at the sight. She had only glanced up slightly when Inu-Yasha had jumped in through the window.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOI-?" Inu-Yasha was cut short as Kagome's mother moved over in front of him (between Kagome and him) and slapped his face. His cheek was red and his eyes were shocked.

"Don't you dare come in here at yell at me like that! They're helping her, unlike you! I can't see why you would-why any- do this to- to my- to Kag-" She had begun to sputter out tears and beat her clenched hands on Inu-Yasha's chest.

Inu-Yasha grabbed her wrists the next time round and pushed her somewhat gently into a seat in the corner of the room, next to the window on looking Kagome's bed. Which had stopped shaking. Now it just looked as if she were asleep although an uneasy shade of light blue.

Kagome's mom had put her hands over her face and her face in her lap. She was slightly rocking back and forth as he tried to explain that it was not he who had done this to Kagome.

By the time he was finish Mrs. Higurashi had clamed down a bit. Though silent waves of water ran down her face. She stood and walked slowly next to Kagome's bed she placed the blanket that had fallen on the floor over her daughter and took her hand.

"You're so cold." She whispered to the unconcsience child. She seemed almost dead, but the monitor in the area between her bed and the door clearly stated with steady beats that she wasn't.

Kagome by this time stopped wheezing and felt warmer. The forest had changed out with a shrine. It looked awfully familiar, so familiar. A big house and a smaller, almost like, a mine-temple.

"What! I know where I am! This is where I live! My home! Mom!" She ran inside the house as fast as her legs could carry her worn body.

However, it wasn't her house any more. No kitchen, no table, she would have even settle for the cat she saw hunched on the window sill. But none of that was there. It was replaced with a white room with a bed, and medical equipment. There was some one in the bed but she was faced so she couldn't see. Her mother stood over the bed holding a pail hand and some one else was there… some one in red… "Who is that?"