InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Parenthood ❯ Do It For Mommy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
 
Do It for Mommy by SunsetMiko [Drabble #91] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal

Theme: nerve
Genre: Humor
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 200
Summary: The things mommies get excited about…
 
 
 
It wasn't that he minded going to work while she stayed home with the baby. He'd always been a good provider and he enjoyed his job but things were a little different now. Babies grew up so quickly, changed so fast, and Kagome got to witness every milestone and he only got to hear about it or see pictures or video. He wanted to be there too and missing so much of his child's life struck a nerve.
 
“Yay! You did it! Mommy's so proud!” Kagome cheered enthusiastically just as he'd come through the door. Finally, maybe he wasn't too late to see an exciting moment. Sesshoumaru rushed upstairs to the bedroom, skidding to a stop in front of his wife and baby.
 
“What did he do? Did he laugh? Did he roll over?”
 
“No, why?”
 
She gave him a strange look and he frowned. “You are proud?” he nudged.
 
“Oh! He pooped.”
 
“He… pooped?” Sesshoumaru asked in confusion. “That makes you proud and causes you to cheer?”
 
“Well, yeah,” she said with a grin, “he's been trying all day.” Her attention returned to their grinning infant son. “He finally made a big poopie for Mommy, yes he did!”
 
“Lovely.”