InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Parenthood ❯ Diapering Dad ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
Diapering Dad by SunsetMiko [Drabble #93] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal

Theme: hook
Genre: Humor
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 400
Summary: No one enjoys it but it has to be done.
 
 
“How was your day today, my son?” Sesshoumaru asked the baby boy propped up on his lap. The taiyoukai took great care not to talk like an idiot. He didn't know what it was, but there was something about a baby that melted the brains of every adult within range and he refused to allow it to affect him. He would not talk baby talk! He was better than that.
 
While he managed to control his tone, he couldn't control the grin that spread across his face as his son cooed and babbled on and on, telling his daddy all about his day. Sesshoumaru couldn't help it. It was absolutely adorable and even he was not immune to the powers of adorableness.
 
“And what else?” he prompted; setting off more coos and babbles. Suddenly Sesshoumaru groaned. “Was that absolutely necessary?”
 
“What'd he do?” Kagome asked without turning her head as she tried to dig her way out from under her stuffed inbox full of emails. She didn't get to check it often and she was determined to get through it all before the baby needed to be fed again.
 
“Drool. A large stream of drool right on my shirt.” He frowned as Kagome laughed. “I do not find it amusing.”
 
“Get over it. At least it was drool and not spit-up. Count yourself lucky.”
 
Sesshoumaru tried to ignore the indignity of being draped in drool as he wiped it away and returned to his conversation with his son. Soon the taiyoukai's nose began to twitch and he chanced a glance at Kagome to make sure she wasn't looking before taking a super-silent sniff. He couldn't risk her noticing before he returned the child.
 
They'd made a deal that at the time had seemed like a good idea. Whoever was holding the baby when he needed a diaper change had to change him. He'd figured that with his powerful nose he'd be able to sense the impending diaper change and hand the child off before Kagome noticed and she would have to change him. He hadn't taken into account how observant his mate had become.
 
“I think he might be getting hungry,” Sesshoumaru said, trying to sound as normal as possible.
 
“Don't even think about trying to get off the hook,” she said with a grin. “He filled that diaper just for you. You change it.”
 
Sometimes he hated his nose.