InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Mysterious Little Visitor ❯ Scroll Seven: The Truth Revealed ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~*~*~*~*

Disclaimer: Sadly, for me, Inu-Yasha and co. does not belong to this writer. However, they do belong to the gifted manga writer Rumiko Takahashi. Thank Rumiko-sensei for her splendid idea! Little Inu and whatever other characters that do not appear in the manga/anime are my property. I am not being paid for this. Do not sue me. I will get very mad at you…and send Inu-chan after you. Get it, got it, good.

A/N: In case you're wondering why I have everyone's attacks in Japanese, but not Kagome's word-leash on Inu-Yasha in English, there's a reason: I just happen to like the short sweetness of 'sit!' versus 'oswuari!' Also, on most of names, as people may have noticed, I drop the 'u' from names like Kikyou, Shippou, Myouga, etc. Kouga's name, though, was just something I was used to from reading his name online rather than the manga translated. Ok, I'm shutting up now. Read and enjoy!

Scroll Seven: The Truth Revealed

Kouga's laborious breathing seemed to pound in the company's ears. A half-demon? A hanyou? Little Inu?

I should've figured that, Kagome thought, watching the scene from around Inu-Yasha's back: Kouga standing there, angry pants emitting from his silently snarling mouth. She could also see and sense the tenseness of Inu-Yasha as he stood there, his body unmoving before her. Little Inu… He has dog-ears…. Jinenji's mother had said that she knew Inu-Yasha was a hanyou because he was in partial transformation. The big hint was the ears….

Little Inu growled, now a step behind the older hanyou. "What of it? What difference does it make that I'm a half-demon, huh?"

Kouga snarled in return. "It makes all the difference! You're just a half-breed-"

"I know for a fact that you run from battle and you're a full-blooded demon!" the boy shouted above the wolf-demon. "And, I also know that this half-demon," he pointed to Inu-Yasha, "has beat you on more than one occasion! He just never got to kill you!"

"Silence!" he barked. "Mutt-face! Let's settle this! You have to pay for the crime you committed against my Kagome! You are charged with defiling this innocent maiden!"

"What?!" Inu-Yasha hollered back, rage lighting his amber eyes. "How dare you say that I dishonored Kagome! I'd never do anything like that to her! I'm not some rapist!"

"Liar!"

"Stop!" Kagome managed to finally yell. Her voice had been lost somewhere between this whole ordeal's beginning. "Stop, this, please! There has to be some form of mistake-"

"No, Kagome, there is none," Kouga interrupted. "The only mistake on your part is trusting this half-breed. Keh, he's not even fit to be part demon."

"I said that was enough! Inu-Yasha hasn't done anything like that to hurt me."

"See?" the accused hanyou said, with more than a hint of annoyance in his voice. I must admit…. It didn't come as too big of a surprise. I mean, when I first was chasing that kid I caught Kagome's scent on him and my own. His youki is also similar to mine…. He's from twelve years from now, so…is he my- Inu-Yasha's thoughts were broken as he parried Kouga's fist with the Tetsusaiga, jumping a safe distance away from his friends. "Don't be stupid!" he roared as the wind from the other demon went soaring past him. The flat side of the katana forced back Kouga and his attack into a tree.

"I?" He shook his head as he staggered to his feet, using the tree for support as he pushed against it with a hand. "The stupid one? Hah!" The enraged teenaged wolf-demon came charging at the hanyou again. "Prepare to meet your final doom! Then Kagome will be my woman without your interference!" He increased his speed and came hurtling at Inu-Yasha.

"Grr! Not in your lifetime, wolf! Kaze no Kizu!" he cried, bringing the Tetsusaiga crashing down, severing the seam of where his and Kouga's demon energies met. Squalls sprang forth from the Steel-Cleaving Fang, ripping through the seam, and heading toward Kouga.

Just as the winds were about to strike, Kouga whirled away from it, but gained a few good scrapes on his legs. He landed heavily on his feet, his black ponytail settling on to his back again. "Shit…." Some blood began to trickle on to his brown, furry leg warmers. The sweat from his brow also began to soak into his headband.

"Get going, wimpy wolf, or next time the Tetsusaiga won't have mercy on you and neither will I!"

"Argh…." The tornado of wind began to swirl about Kouga again. "Ha, don't get cocky, dog-turd, I'm still going to mutilate you like the worthless mutt you are for your offense!" With those words said, the wolf-demon took off in a whirlwind and finally disappeared.

When Inu-Yasha felt that Kouga's presence was far enough away, he re-sheathed Tetsusaiga, wiping off the white blade on the top of the scabbard as he did. "Feh, glad that dumb shit is gone. For now, anyway." He turned to face Kagome, now a few feet away from him. "Are you all right? You weren't hurt any, were you?" His acute senses went to searching her for any traces of blood or any form of abrasion.
She shook her head. "No, I'm ok. Everyone is."

Satisfied with her answer, and his search concluding the same, Inu-Yasha nodded. "Good." His golden eyes explored Kagome's cobalt orbs for some answer to the ponderings in his mind. What is that kid? Exactly who are his parents?

Understanding the connection, Kagome looked over her shoulder. "Hey, Lord Miroku, where's Little Inu?"

Miroku swiveled his head about, scanning the area quickly. "Lady Kagome, I do not see where the young one has gotten. But I can still sense him."

Sango, seemingly pensive, stood tapping her finger against her lips. "Maybe he's just gone into hiding. Kouga did say some thought provoking things, so I guess he figured that we'd want to talk to him about it."
"Hmph," Inu-Yasha grunted, walking towards the monk and demon exterminator. "Well, he isn't too far and I can smell him pretty strongly. I've got a few questions to ask. Kagome, you stay here. I think this should be one-on-one between dog-demons." With that, he leapt into the air and flew above the canopy.

Watching where he'd departed from, Kagome quizzically wondered, Does Inu-Yasha have the same idea that, just maybe, Kouga hit on something?

Up in a tree about a mile or so off, was the hanyou-boy in question, sitting with one leg tucked underneath his rump and the other dangled off the side. "Damn," he mumbled. "Father's right, Kouga does screw everything up." He sighed resignedly as he let his back flop against the upper tree trunk. "Now what am I going to do? I know Inu-Yasha's going to want to know…." He watched a blue and white butterfly fluttered about him for a moment then flew higher up into the tree. He sighed as he stared somewhat blankly at the hunter expanse ahead of him. "I'm almost positive that wet-noodles-for-brains dog-demon noticed my scent before. I wish Mama was here to help me. She'd know what to do. I don't want to lie…but I don't want them to know either…." Little Inu sighed again as he tightened his grip on the small, cerulean pouch in his left hand, drifting his eyes closed.

"Coupa, perhaps you should go," Little Inu's mother said, angst flooding every wrinkle in her forehead, courtesy of cogitating on the current situation so intently. Her fingers intertwined with the prayer bead necklace as her gaze rested upon the largest boy of her three sons.

"No!" Little Inu protested from the side of his father's futon. "I should go! It's my fault anyway."

"Now, Little Inu-" his mother began.

"No! You cannot sway me! Nothing can quell my guilt unless I can help Father." He peered down at his father's body, the chest rising and falling gently, with his hair fanned out beneath him like a rippling pool of water with the full moon shining down upon it. "I…I…." His voice kept trailing off. Softly, he continued. "I want to help…. Please, Mama, let me be the one to retrieve the medicinal herb for Father. Coupa should stay here and fulfill Father's position while he is sick. He is the eldest and this responsibility should fall with him."

His mother bit her bottom lip as she surveyed him with caring cobalt eyes. "I… I don't know what to do…." Both of her daughters sat at either side of her, dipping cloths in water for their father.

They said nothing, but their gazes shifted from their youngest brother to their mother.

"I…. I don't want to put you in such danger, Little One…. I do not want to lose you-"

She was interrupted by her husband's rasping voice. "Let…let Little Inu go. He can handle…this journey. He is my son; my blood courses through his veins, as does yours, my love…." He blindly reached up to touch his son's cheek; the boy hastily brought his face down to his father.

"I am here, Papa…."he quietly murmured, nuzzling the fingertips slightly.

His father's face broke into a faint half-smile. Just barely audible, but loud enough for only Little Inu to hear, he whispered, "I gave you my name… Inu-Yasha…."

His dog-ears swiveled a bit when the familiar gruff and annoyed voice of the older hanyou proclaimed, "There you are!" as he landed gracefully on the thick branch the boy was sitting on.

Little Inu opened his eyes, as he swiftly shoved the pouch back into of his red kimono. "Here I am." He stared at the dog-demon lounged back on another thick branch.

It was still pretty obvious that his muscles were ready let him pounce on the kid if the need arose.

Inu-Yasha peered critically at him before giving a snort and crossing his arms inside his kimono's sleeves. "So, why'd you run and hide?"

Smirking, the dog-boy replied, "Whoever said a thing about me hiding?"

"Then what do you call sneaking off into the forest all by yourself, eh?"

"I just merely distanced myself for self-preservation from interrogation," he stated matter-of-factly, turning his head to the side, away from the hanyou before him.

"Feh. Well, are you gonna tell me what the hell's going on, because I caught your scent a long time back." Inu-Yasha's mind flashed back to when he was chasing Little Inu, when he thought the boy was a spy of Naraku's.

The boy didn't say anything.

Getting impatient, he commanded, "Are you going to fucking tell me why you smell like me and Kagome or what?!"

Still, Little Inu remained silent.

"Grr…. Tch…. Why aren't you going to tell me?"

The dog-boy slowly faced Inu-Yasha again. After staring at him for a moment, he said, "You really are stupid, aren't you?"

WHAP!

Inu-Yasha's fist vein popped, as did a couple on the side of his head. "What was that?!"

Little Inu sat rubbing his head. "Jerk! Don't tell me you aren't bright enough, because I know that you know what I know!"

Inu-Yasha blinked for a moment as what the young dog-demon said registered. "Maybe I do, but I want confirmation…. Are you…." His voice grew soft, almost timid. "Are you…Kagome and my son?" he finally managed to breathe out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I know, it's a short scroll! It had to be! It begged to end right there! Also, I had to save some room; I don't want to give the generous webmaster/mistresses too much trouble with the size of this so far. ^^; Anyways, first order of business is the fact that no one wrote me about helping Inu-Yasha. I've made the decision myself: Kagome's coming to help him.

Inu-Yasha: Ugh…. *is lying, holding his stomach*

Kagome: *appears in the room, holding her less crammed backpack* O, Inu-Yasha! You ate chocolate again, didn't you? What did I tell you last time when Shippo had some?

Inu-Yasha: I don't know….

Kagome: *sighs as she helps him up* Come on. I'll make some mint tea and your stomach will feel better.

Inu-Yasha: *bobs his head as he and Kagome exit*

Now for the next part of business, I'll give a sneak peak of one of my other Inu-fics. The characters will tell you what's going on, so I won't need to give an intro.

"Naraku!" Inu-Yasha cried, chasing after the fleeing demon. "Come back here and face me! I'll make you pay for what you did!" He skid to a halt when Naraku stopped in the dark, dank chamber of his castle. A few torches lined the walls, casting an unsettling, subtle luminosity. Sango, Miroku, Kagome, and Shippo all joined up with their comrade at the entryway, all ready to fight-except for Shippo.

Naraku chuckled, his baboon pelt lying in a silvery heap on the ground. "Inu-Yasha…. You honestly believe you can match me? I am no longer such a worthless hanyou, as you will forever be; I am not bound by such frivolous, worldly things."

Inu-Yasha growled. "You're not getting away this time. I'll make you pay for trying to kidnap Kagome, for Miroku's curse, the pain you put Sango through because of the way you manipulate her brother, and for turning Kikyo and me against one another!"

Naraku merely laughed again. "Fool." He shifted his glowing, blood-hued eyes to Kagome. "I think I shall enjoy torturing you all before you die." He smirked maliciously.

The girl frowned when her met eyes with the putrid being. She knocked an arrow onto her bow and pulled the bowstring taut. "Naraku!" she shouted. "Today you will die for all the horrible things you have inflicted upon people!" She released the arrow, a trail of bright, white energy streaming after it, brightening the room to almost that of the noontime sun.

It hit Naraku, and half of his right arm exploded as he dove out of the way. "You worthless human!" Earthen tentacle rose out of him and shot at the group, snatching Kagome and Shippo.

"Kagome!" Inu-Yasha screamed, now taking hurried steps towards her, the Tetsusaiga ready.

"Hiraigotsu!" Sango yelled, throwing the Boomerang Bone at the tentacle binding her female friend.

Hiraigotsu was deflected off and went hurtling back at the remaining three.

Miroku grabbed Sango and dove with her out of the way. "Sango, are you all right?"

She nodded her head quickly. "Yes. That barrier is strong."

Inu-Yasha snarled, as the katana emanated power and turned red. "Kaze no Kizu!" The barrier-cutting red-Tetsusaiga launched its attack. Glowing, swirling white winds went careening at the demon. It too was thwarted and was sent back to its sender. "Agh!" The dog-hanyou dove back down. "Damn you!"

"Inu-Yasha!" Kagome screamed to him. "Help!" She writhed and pushed at the tentacle binding her waist. It reached up to take her jewel shard, but a protective light ceased the attempt. "No way am I letting you have it!" Annoyed, Naraku tightened the tentacle's grip around her and she shrieked.

"Kagome!" Inu-Yasha felt his heart compress. Damn, I've got to get over there and rescue Kagome!

Naraku, now with the earthen tentacles flailing about, began to pulse with energy. "I'm going to torture you, half-breed. You and all your company shall play the game."

"I'm not one of your playthings!" Inu-Yasha got to his feet.

Miroku started to undo the rosary around his cursed, right hand. "Naraku, I will make you pay!"

"Silence, monk!" Naraku swatted at Miroku, who went flying into the landing of the nearby staircase.

Sango's eyes lit with anger. "Kirara, go check on him!"

Kirara mewed, transformed to her larger form, and went.

Naraku suddenly burst with a huge blast of youki that sent all of the company into the alcove that Miroku was at. He threw Shippo, crying, at them too.

Inu-Yasha leapt up to catch him, put suddenly felt a searing pain in his chest as he was blown back. The Tetsusaiga fell beside him and de-transformed. "Bastard…." he spluttered, holding the terrified fox cub just slightly above his head.

Shippo scrambled out his grasp. "Inu-Yasha, are you ok?"

As the hanyou sat up with a groan, Naraku laughed. "What do you think of my barrier?"

"Barrier?" He saw Kagome still within his nemesis's grasp. "What are you doing with her?!"

"Kukuku…. All part of my game." He set the frightened girl in another niche, not too far off from the others, right across from them. "You shall be the spectators. Games are most fun with spectators." A sickening grin spread over his pallid face.

Kagome walked cautiously to the mouth of the recess and reached out slowly. Murky light crackled around her fingers and she hastily withdrew them. "Another…barrier?" Her eyes were beginning to well up with tears.

Inu-Yasha's eyes went soft as he gazed at her for a moment, but returned sheer hatred at Naraku. "What are you doing, you fuck?!" He rose to stand once more, the stone floor of the castle cold and hard beneath his bare feet. Even with his calloused, tough-soled feet, he could feel it. This ground is frigid from the icy touch of evil…. I'll bet the whole castle is soaked in his youki….

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. My, you are terribly mannered. Fine, I shall tell you my game." He waved a hand past Kagome's solitary cell and her surroundings began to change.

"Huh?" She looked around uneasily. "What?" It was beginning to look like a forest around late morning with thick grass and a carpeting of flowers beneath her feet. She turned her head to peer back at her friends, but she couldn't see them, instead she saw a large, crystal-like lake.

Nonetheless, she heard the villain say, in the most sinister of tones that sent shivers down her spine and made her blood run like ice, "Kagome shall go back. She shall go back within my illusion to fifty years previous from this time. When you, Inu-Yasha, were in love with Kikyo. Before I deceived you and you became this reincarnation's pet."

As Kagome saw something red and silver streak by, she heard Inu-Yasha scream her name one last time, before all the sounds of the real world died out and she came face-to-face with the hanyou as he was prior to being her trusted friend, and prior to being pinned to the tree.

Ok, that's the preview. Yes, I know that was a little mean. Quick thing: remember way back at the end of book 2, episode 7 when Kagome said that Inu-Yasha told her that he'd always protect her (or would just protect her) and he freaked out? He did that because that's an old-fashioned marriage proposal. Need I say more to why I mentioned that? Till the next scroll, ja ne!

~Moonlight Shadow

Japanese used:

ja ne-(see ya) later

youki-(basically) demon energy

Kaze no Kizu-the Cutting Wind (the Wind Scar)

P.S. I actually got the Inu-Yasha fighting game. It's pretty fun. I got mine from Toys R Us. Just in case anyone was wondering.