InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The New Student and Kagome's Secret ❯ Chapter 3: An Old Flame ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 3

The next day after school, Kagome and her friends went to the library to study. She was talking to her friends during one of their many breaks when she saw someone's shadow hovering over her. "Hello, Kagome!" the shadow said.

Kagome turned around to see…Kenta! "Kenta! How are you?" she said somewhat annoyed. Kenta had pursued Kagome before. She pretty much told him to leave her alone because she wasn't interested. He didn't take it too well because he was the super hunk of the school. It was a major bash to his ego.

"Kagome, can I speak with you for a second?" he said smiling. Kagome looked at her friends. Ayame of course was drooling. Yuri was evaluating the situation and Eri was barely even paying attention to Kagome's look because she was to focused on her math book.

"Sure," she finally replied hesitantly. She stood up and followed him out the back of the library. There were picnic tables out there for those who wanted read peacefully outside, but because it was so late, there was no one out there due to their fear of being abducted by a demon. `Why is he taking me all the way out here?' she thought. `And…oh my god! It's dark already! I lost track of time again!'

"What do you want?" she asked once they finally stopped at one of the tables. He grinned.

"Kagome, I am going to give you the pleasure of going to the movies with me on Friday!" he said triumphantly. Kagome sweat dropped.

"We've been through this before, Kenta! I am not interested!" she said with her fists clenched by her side. His expression suddenly changed.

"Oh? I think you are," he said. "Why else would you have followed me out here?"

"I followed you out here because I was being polite! I haven't talk to you in a while!" she said. "But it seems you haven't changed much." An angry look spread across his face. He jumped and grabbed her by the arm.

"What's that supposed to mean, bitch?!" he said tightening his grip on her arm until she could feel the blood being cut off.

"Ow! Let go of me!" she said wriggling in his grasp.

"No! I am not going to let go of you!" he said coming closer to her face. "Nobody turns ME down!" He covered her mouth and picked her up to take her out of site of anyone. Kagome tried to scream and get out of his grasp, but her mouth was covered and her hands were constricted. She couldn't get away. When they were finally out of site he laid her down and got on top of her. He started to undo the top of her blouse when she kicked him in the back. He stood up and she kicked him in the groin. She jumped to try to escape tears streaming down her face. She managed to get out one cry of help before he pulled her back down to the ground and slapped her across her face.

"Stop it!" she pleaded. "Please! Stop it!!!" He ripped open her blouse to reveal her white bra. He held her hands above her head with one hand and began to take off her skirt when…

"GET THE HELL OFF HER ASSHOLE!!!" someone said and landed a punch to Kenta's face sending him flying for yards. Kagome'e eyes were so full of tears that she couldn't see who was standing there. She finally sat and stared to see… Inuyasha!!! He had already jumped on Kenta and was beating the crapp out of him!!! Kenta's face was becoming a bruised and bloody mess. Kagome stood up and ran over to Inuyasha.

"Don't kill him!" she shouted tugged on Inuyasha's kimono. He turned to look at her.

"He damn near raped you!!!" he said angrily. Kagome stood there shocked. Why did he care? `I thought he didn't care about anything or anybody!' she said to herself. Kagome gave Inuyasha a pleading look.

"Please, Inuyasha! Look at him! I think he is going to have to have plastic surgery to recover from what you have done so far. Inuyasha looked at Kenta's bloody and bruised face. He gave him one last hard punch to Kenta's face then got off of him. Kagome had already taken a few steps back. She dropped to her knees and began crying uncontrollably. Inuyasha stood up and walked over to her. He kneeled down in front of her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Kagome," he said gently. Kagome looked up through her tears.

"Why should…*sniff*…you be…*sniff sniff*…sorry?" she managed to get out. "You…*sniff*…saved me!" She wiped her tears away as quickly as she could but the tears came like waterfalls so it was of no use. Finally, she leapt into Inuyasha's arms. "INUYASHA!!!" she screamed as she moved from crying uncontrollably to crying hysterically. "THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" She continued to cry in his embrace. Inuyasha's hands were out to his side. He didn't know how to react. He did the only thing that felt right. He wrapped his arms around her in an effort to comfort her. He had never been in a situation like this before. It was actually kind of awkward to him. He had always been the tough guy. He rubbed Kagome's back with his claws trying to calm her down. Kagome realized this and looked up. She grabbed his hand and looked at it. She noticed that he had his claws. She looked to the top of his head. His ears were there.

"Inuyasha!" she said. "I didn't even realize that you were in your demon form!"

"Yeah!" he said jerking his hand away from her. "It's late! Too late!!! I told you before not to be out at this time of night!" He stood up helping her to her feet. Inuyasha hadn't even noticed that her shirt had been ripped leaving her bra and breasts exposed. "Uh…" he said blushing incredibly and pointing to her chest.

"Oh!" Kagome exclaimed embarrassed and immediately attempted to cover herself. Inuyasha had turned around still blushing heavily. Much to her dismay, the front of her shirt had been ripped to shreds. There was no way she could cover herself up. "Inuyasha!" He turned around and saw her in the same condition and then whipped himself around again.

"For god sakes woman! I thought you were dressed!" he said aggravated that he had again embarrassed himself and that he had become more aroused.

"I-I can't!" she stuttered beginning to cry again. "My shirt was ripped to shreds!" Inuyasha's heart sank when he heard her crying. He couldn't stand to hear a woman cry. He couldn't stand even more the thought of what could have happened to her had he not shown up when he did. He took off his kimono and threw it to her.

"Here!" he said. "Put this on!" She looked at him seeing that he was now in a white long-sleeved shirt and his red fire rat pants. He still had his back turned to her. She quickly put it on.

"Thank you, Inuyasha," she said after she had gotten dressed. He turned around and breathed a sigh of relief that she was dressed.

"C'mon, Kagome!" he said and squatted down so she could climb on his back. "I'm going to make sure you get home!" She climbed onto his back and he leapt through the air leaving a still unconscious Kenta on the ground.

When they arrived at her house, he let her off of his back. When she took a step to the ground, she almost fell flat on her face, but Inuyasha caught her. "Are you okay?" he asked holding her up with one arm around her back. They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment. As soon as they realized what they were doing they both snapped out of it, and Inuyasha tried to help her stand.

"Ow!" Kagome cried almost falling to her knees. Had Inuyasha not still had a firm grip on her, she would have fell. "It's my ankle! When Kenta jumped on me, my ankle got pinned in a weird position. I had no idea at the time it was hurt this bad. I think I've just been in shock up until this point." Inuyasha looked at her ankle. It was already swollen and starting to bruise. He picked her up and began walking up the steps.

"Hey! What are you doing?" she asked surprised.

"What does it look like I'm doing? Just shut-up and let someone take care of you!!!" he said roughly without looking at her. Kagome was shocked. `He actually cares that I'm okay?' she thought. `What happened to the Inuyasha I met before?' When he got to the top of her steps, he looked around. He hadn't even thought that he would be revealed to her family. Kagome noticed his worry.

"Don't worry," she said. "Mom and Grandpa were called to a priestess/priest meeting and Sota is staying at a friends house." He nodded his head and continued walking. He could feel the presence of priest powers on her grounds and purity the air seemed to have. It was a comforting feeling to him. He walked through the door and up to her room. He laid her gently on her bed.

"Are you gonna be okay, now?" he asked with no emotion. `Why does he have to hide his emotions all of the time?' she thought.

"Yeah, but my head really hurts," she said sitting up. She turned her head to the side to reveal the side of her face that had been hidden from Inuyasha while he was carrying her. She had a huge bruise on the side of her face!!!

"KAGOME!!!" he exclaimed and dropped to his knees beside her bed.

"What?" she asked confused.

"Your…your face has a huge bruise!" he said.

"What??? Oh, that must have been when Kenta hit me," she said solemnly dropping her head. Inuyasha balled his fists so tight that his claws pierced his skin. "Inuyasha!!!" Kagome exclaimed as she saw a couple of drops of blood land on her carpet.

"It's nothing," he said quickly and then walked out of the room.

"Inuyasha! Where are you going?" she asked trying to get up. She immediately fell back onto the bed. She had forgotten all about her ankle being injured. Inuyasha soon returned with a bag of ice. He got on his knees in front of her and placed the bag of ice on her cheek. Kagome flinched.

"Oh, sorry! Does it hurt?" he asked. She nodded her head. He laid her down and sat on the bed beside her. "Are you going to be okay?" He stood up and looked at her.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," she said. He nodded his head and began to walk out her door. "Inuyasha?" Inuyasha stopped and looked at her. "Can you stay a little while?" He was stunned. She actually wanted to be around him? Why? As if reading his mind she said, "I don't want to be alone. I'm kind of scared." He gave a `huh?' look, but then decided to comply. He walked back over and sat by her bed.

"Fine," he stated with his back turned. He had his arms folded. He soon felt her rubbing his ears. He started to purr a little, then realized what he was doing and shook his head to get her to stop. She giggled a little.

"Why do you always want to mess with my ears?" he asked. "They're really sensitive you know!" She smiled.

"Well, you were just purring so you obviously don't mind it too much!" she said with a laugh. He blushed.

"I was not!" he said.

"Were too!"

"Was not!"

"Were too!"

"Ugh!" he said clenching his fists. She laughed again.

"So, you're a dog demon, huh?" she asked looking at her ceiling.

"Yeah, what of it?" he snapped. She reached up and grabbed one of his ears and pulled him closer. "OWW!!"

"Why does it always have to be like that?!!" she scolded. He looked at her for a minute.

"Like what?" he said releasing himself from her grasp.

"You always think everything I say is leading somewhere! It's NOT!" she said flinging herself back on her bed. Both of them sat there for a few minutes saying nothing.

Kagome finally broke the silence. "Inuyasha?" He turned his head and looked at her.

"Yea?"

"How did you know I was in trouble tonight?" she asking out of no where. Inuyasha was a little shocked.

"I caught your scent when I came out tonight," he explained. "I had no idea what you could be doing out at this time after I specifically explained to you to be home after dark so I leapt in your direction. I heard you scream and raced as fast as I could. You know the rest." He turned and looked at her. He touched the bruise on her face. "If only I had gotten there sooner!" he said angrily.

"You were worried about me," she said touched. He jumped up.

"Let's get one thing straight!" he said angrily. "I don't worry about nobody, got that?!" His sudden outburst scared Kagome. She jumped back a little on her bed.

"I-I'm sorry!" she said. Inuyasha could sense her fear. He relaxed a little realizing he had scared her.

"Are you afraid of me?" he asked. The question caught Kagome by surprise.

"Not normally," she began. "But when you yell at me, bare your fangs at me, and ball up your fists at me it's a little scary! A human man is ten times stronger than I am. You're half-demon." She smiled. "But it's okay! I know you would never hurt me."

"How do you know that?" he asked baffled that she was being so trusting.

"You have rescued me twice," she said. "You could have easily hurt me or let others hurt me, but you didn't. I trust you."

`She trusts me?' he thought. That wasn't a word he was used to.

"Inuyasha?" she said wondering what he was thinking. "Come here." She patted the bed beside her. Cautiously, he sat down. He had no idea what she was up to. "I actually think you're really cool." She looked down for a minute. "Can I touch it?"

"Wh-Wh-What?" he stuttered blown away that she had flat out asked. "T-T-Touch what?"

She looked confused, lifted his hand, and said, "One of your claws." Inuyasha let out a deep breath of air.

"Oh, is that what you were talking about?" he said.

"Well, what else would I …YOU PERVERT!!!" she shouted.

"What? You said `it.' I'm a guy! What do you think I think you meant?!" he argued. He then started laughing a little. Kagome was taken aback. She had never heard him laugh before. His laughter suppressed her anger for the time being. "Go ahead, touch away!" he said extending his hand. He grinned. "But remember…be gentle."

"GENTLE?" she exclaimed. "Just what do you mean by that?"

"Now whose got their mind in the gutter?" he said with a laugh. She hit him playfully in the shoulder.

"I do not!" she said blushing.

He laughed. "But you really do need to be gentle because I don't want…"

"OUCH!"

"…you to get cut," he finished. He rolled his eyes that she had already injured herself. He tore off part of his shirt and wrapped it around her finger. "You are very accident pronged."

"No…I just spoke too soon when I said that you would never hurt me," she said with a smile. Even though she was just joking, Inuyasha began thinking. `That's right,' he thought. `What if I hurt her one day and I don't mean to.' He looked at her examining her finger. She looked up and found him pondering something.

"Inuyasha?" she queried.

"Yeah?" he said looking at her.

She smiled and looked at her finger. "You put on a pretty good show!" she said turning her eyes towards him. "But I know through that tough guy image lies a good heart."

"Hmph!" he said looking away. "Well, you need to get to bed. It's late." She nodded her head and had Inuyasha help her crawl under the covers. "I'll stay until you are asleep or until your parents get home…whichever happens first." He sat down on the floor with his back leaning against the side of her bed.

"Goodnight, Inuyasha!" Kagome said. He kind of smiled to himself.

"Goodnight, Kagome!" he replied and turned out her light. Shortly after that he saw his red kimono fly onto the floor over his head. He gulped at the thought of what she had on now. She soon threw the rest of her clothes on the floor. He gulped hard and he could hardly breathe. Kagome was a very attractive girl and the thought of what she could possibly have left on enticed him. When her bra hit the floor in front of him, he lost it.

"Kagome is there a reason that you are throwing all of your clothes on the floor?!" he demanded. She looked up at him.

"You needed your kimono back should I fall asleep and my clothes are dirty and I can't take a bath without someone helping me and I'm certainly not going to let you help me take a bath!" she said tucking herself deeper in her covers.

He clenched his fists and turned his head to yell at her. "I never said I…" He trailed off when he saw her laying there. The covers covered her to just above her breasts. It was dark in her room, but the moonlight made her skin illuminate. `Wow,' Inuyasha thought. He then shook his head as if trying to clear the thought from his mind. `Shut-up idiot!' he told himself. `She's just your friend and will never be more than your friend. Remember that!' But when he looked at her, her sleeping beauty still somehow entranced him.