InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Odd Couple ❯ ch. 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Akio- I don’t own Inu-Yasha . ^-^ Oh, and I want to thank Sour Akio for pointing out my grammar and spelling mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically, Jaken’s day was full of teasing by the adorable Rin. Even Sesshomaru taunted him at times!! And because of the circumstances, Jaken was miserable.

He realized it must be hilarious for him, a shrimpy little green dude, to be in love with Kikyo. In fact, if he wasn’t him, he’d be laughing too. But alas! He was him so he felt crummy.

“Jaken and Kikyo, sittin’ in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First come love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby’s carriage!” Rin chanted happily. “Again! Again!” and once again, she started chanting....

Jaken was a deep tomato red. This was getting bad. If Jaken hadn’t known Sesshomaru so well, he would have thought Sesshomaru was one the brink of joining in on Rin’s chanting. Insults were one thing... But chanting the “Sitting in a Tree” song?

‘Why? Why did I have to talk in my sleep?’ Jaken thought glumly. ‘Why? Why? Why?’ He had the incredible urge to bang his head against a tree about a million times, but resisted strongly.

Rin, who was already growing tired of her song, decided to sing a new one! “I know a song that gets on everybody’s nerves! Everybody’s nerves! Everybody’s-”

She hit one of Sesshomaru’s nerves. “Rin, be quiet.”

“Yes my lord!” she replied instantly, putting on her sweetest smile.

Sesshomaru gave her one of his rare smiles. “Thank you Rin.”

Jaken’s last straw broke. He had put up with a lot in him times with Rin and Sesshomaru; but Rin getting the praise he so deeply coveted for simply shutting up, tore it. “I DO ALL THE WORK AROUND HERE AND YOU NEVER TELL ME ‘Thank you Jaken.’ OH NO! IT’S ALWAYS ‘What did you say Jaken?’ OR ‘Are you arguing with me, Jaken?’ AND YET, I GO THROUGH ALL YOU’RE TEASING AND TAUNTING OBEDIENTLY WITH OUT ONE WORD AND I NEVER GET ANY APPRECIATION!!” Jaken screeched at the top of his lungs.

“Are you quite done, Jaken?” Sesshomaru asked, seemingly unmoved.

“Yes, yes I am.” The imp replied, trying to catch his breath, already regretting yelling at his master.

“Good. Now leave.”

“Wha...What?”

“You heard me. Leave before I decide to destroy you.”

Jaken gaped at Sesshomaru. “Leave? Bu-”

“Now. Or suffer the consequences.” he said in a deadly calm voice.

“Yes! Yes, my lord!” And with that last remark, Jaken ran until he couldn’t run anymore.

Night had fallen and Jaken was completely lost. ‘I wonder what the brat and Sesshomaru are doing right now.’

*Sesshomaru and Rin*

To put it simply, they were partying and Rin had badgered Sesshomaru into getting a piñata that strongly resembled Jaken.

Rin was blind folded and was holding a stick.

“Ready Rin?” Sesshomaru asked.

Rin was wearing a BIG smile. “Ready”

Sesshomaru spun her around a few times and let her go.

Rin stumbled and hit a tree. Then she swung a stick, knocking a bird out of its nest.

The bird swept down and started poking poor little Rin in the head. Therefore, she swung at the bird and the bird flew away from the crazed child. Then, after half an hour of missing, Rin hit the piñata!!

Rin ripped off her blindfold and was practically foaming at the mouth when she went to collect the sugary contents of the piñata. Sesshomaru just watched in a silent amusement.

*Back with the not-so-exciting Jaken*

Jaken grinned slowly. ‘Probably regretting making me go,’ he thought, trying real hard to comfort himself. ‘Yes, that’s it. By tomorrow, they’ll have found me and will be begging me to come back!’ The irritating green dude smirked. ‘Yes, that’s it.’ He heard something and turned around. His mouth fell open. “K-K-Kikyo?”

Kikyo slowly turned her head to the little green imp and simply stared at him with her soul collectors flying lazily beside her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Akio- Alright, that’s chapter two! Please review!! PLEASE!!