InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Odd Couple ❯ ch. 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Akio- Hullo everyone! Sorry I haven’t updated this in soooooooo long! ^^ But I’ll to that now!

Disclaimer- I do not own Inu-Yasha.

Akio- SO ON W/ THE FIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Alas, Jaken was still miserable. His love did not love him back, Sesshomaru completely disowned him, and he had a horrible headache to top it all off. He was lying on his back, staring into the sun-which isn’t good- when he heard a faint rustling in the bushes. He half-heartedly sat up to see who it was.

‘No... It can’t be... Kikyo!? I can’t let her see me like this! ...What do I do?! What do I do?!’

Before he could do anything, Kikyo saw him.

“Jaken..?” she hesitated for a moment. “Jaken there’s something I need to tell you...”

Jaken cleared his throat and said hoarsely, “Go on.”

The priestess took a deep breath and started. “I first want to apologize for the way I treated you earlier. I now know how it feels to be scorned by the one you love.”

“Apology excepted.” Jaken could feel his heart thumping madly, he just hoped Kikyo couldn’t hear it.

“Also, I wanted to say that the scorning opened my eyes to the truth. It isn’t Inu-Yasha I love... It’s you.”

“You... You’re serious? You’re not just trying to hurt me?”

“Of course I’m serious!” She chuckled slightly.

Jaken could feel a lump rise in his throat. ‘Can’t let her see me cry... Can’t let her see me cry...’ “I’M SO HAPPY!!” he shouted happily.

Kikyo stepped back at this sudden outburst and then smiled warmly (...well, as warmly as a zombie can get).

Jaken ran up to Kikyo and hugged her leg (what?! He’s short!!). And, despite the fact that he did not want Kikyo to see him cry, he started to anyways.

Kikyo picked up the ugly, green imp and kissed his head. “Don’t cry Jaken-chan.”

“YOU CALLED ME CHAN!!!” the stupid little imp cried happily.

Unbeknownst to Jaken and Kikyo, Inu-Yasha and the gang were in the bushes right behind them.

Miroku snickered. “Jaken loves Kikyo?? Oh goodness...”

“Well, at least he has a girlfriend.” Sango retorted.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Miroku whispered furiously.

“What do you think?” Sango replied in the same tone.

Inu-Yasha bonked both of them on the head with the hilt of his sword. “Will you two stop flirting!? I can’t hear.” the angry half demon whispered.

Miroku and Sango shut up and looked down blushing.

“That’s better.”

“Oh Inu-Yasha, be nice.” Kagome said, giggling a little.

“Shh! They’re gonna hear us!” Inu-Yasha whispered.

“Pass the popcorn!” Shippo replied. The rest of the gang sweat dropped.

Then, Jaken heard something... “Kikyo...” he whispered, “I think someone’s watching us... They’re in the bushes...”

Kikyo put Jaken down and swiftly went to the bushes where Inu and the gang were.

Inu noticed this and muttered, “Curses....”

Kikyo peered inside the bushes and looked at them. “What on earth are you doing?”

“GAH! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!” Sango and Miroku accused each other at the same time. “Nuh-uh! It’s yours! Stop copying me! Copying you? You’re copying me! Am not! Yes you are! Ok, we’re both going to stop talking... One... Two... Three!” The two stopped talking.

“Thank goodness that’s over.” Kikyo said, disgusted.

“I know, really.” Kagome muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akio- This is short, I know... But I’m having a writers block... But I’ll start the other chapter shortly... I hope.

Inu-Yasha- “Curses”??

Akio- Yes. ^_^ Please review!