InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Past and Future ❯ Kids ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kenshien, I want you to stay here with the girls. Make sure you keep them safe.” Inuyasha told his oldest. It wasn't safe. An evil aura had appeared of the outskirt of the village. He didn't want any of his pups to face this. He knew that his oldest had the power but not this time. This time it was far too dangerous. Kagome would kill him if he let their son go to this battle.
 
“But father-” Kenshien complained to his father. It wasn't far. Every time he fought his father would always praise him saying he was getting very strong, getting stronger everyday. Was that all a lie?! Did his father lie to him all this time?! His angry thoughts were cut off when his father but a clawed hand on his shoulder.
 
“Kenshien, no buts. I didn't raise a whiner. I raised a son who will be someday just as strong as or stronger than his old man but today isn't that day. I want you to take care of your sister if your mother and I don't come back.” Inuyasha told his son. Kenshien looked back at his father in shock. Not come back? Of course his father and mother will come back. This was his parents! The people who defeated the great Naraku, the people who went against all odds and survived, why wouldn't they come back?
 
They stopped talking as the powerful aura started to move closer towards the village at which they called home. They looked towards the direction of the aura and then towards each other. Inuyasha took one last look at his son. This might be the last time he would ever see his son again. It was ironic who he look almost exactly like his mother Kagome and yet Kenshien had some of him in his blood. His son had Kagome's hair but his eyes, he had Kagome's loving heart but Inuyasha's puppy dog ears, and he had both of their stubbornness. Kenshien was brave and smart and he had what it took to train hard to get stronger. Kenshien was a perfect mix of their genes. Then there was his younger child. Inuyasha thought about her and he turned his glaze over to his daughter not too far behind Kenshien. Now she was different. Karai was her name that Kagome wanted and want ever Kagome wanted Kagome got it. She looked exactly like him but she had human ears and oddly enough a puffy silver tail on her behind. It baffled everyone when she was born even Sesshomaru couldn't explain it. Even though Karai looked like him she acted more like Kagome than anything else except of course his love for Ramen. Kenshien was like Kagome on that. He liked it but he didn't prefer it every night like what Inuyasha and his daughter wanted.
 
“I have to go. Remember take care of the others for me okay.” Inuyasha told him looking into Kenshien's eyes. Kenshien nodded though he didn't know if he could keep his word on this. As he watched his father leave he silently vowed that if he sensed something wrong he would go to the battle field no matter what his father tells him.
 
Kenshien opened his eyes from his mediation. He thought back to the last moments with his father before he went to battle the person who held that evil aura. That was two hours ago and the battle was still raging. He was now sitting in a hut that belonged to a woman named Keade. He could barely remember her because he was so young when she died of old age. Karai didn't even meet her. She was born three years after Keade's death making him eight at the time. His eyes seemed like the fire itself as he stared into their depths. His father caught him doing this many times and each time his father would tell him how much he looked like his mother doing that. Kenshien was jerked from his thoughts when he felt a pulse beside him. Looking down at his side he saw his sword that his father had made for him with one of his own fangs just like Inuyasha's father before him. It was pulsing slowly at first then it quickened its pace then stopped altogether. Kenshien's brow scrunched together in thought trying to think of why his sword would do such a thing.
 
“Tenswaga? What are you trying to tell me?” Kenshien asked his sword but he got no answer. He got up and walked out of the hut that he was guarding. He then looked to the direction of the battle field. Did it have something to do with the battle on the outskirts of the village? Kenshien looked back at his sword and then towards the battle field. Was his father in trouble? A scream cut his thoughts off and he raced down to the cellar underneath the hut. It was built to ensure the safety of their children in case something like this were to happen. Running down the stairs Kenshien heard hysterical sobbing coming from one of the girls. When he reached them he saw Rin not too far away; she was the one crying. He walked up to them and met his ten year old sister. “What is going on?” he asked her about why Rin was crying so badly. He watched his sister shake her head not knowing what was wrong with her.
 
“I don't know.” she said with an innocent voice. “We were sitting here quietly like we were told and then Aunty Rin jerked her hand up here.” Karai told him as she showed where there Aunt put her hand, the juncture of her neck. Now that worried Kenshien. It was the place where their Uncle put his mating mark on their Aunt. “Then she rubbed it and her eyes went wide and without warning she started to cry really hard.” Karai explained to her older brother as she watched his reaction. He seemed to be in deep thought like he was trying to figure out what was wrong.
 
“Stay here.” he told her as he put a hand on her small head. He walked past her and over to his Aunt. She was sitting there crying her eyes out with her little ones around her; Ryoko and Ren, both boys and both twins at the age of five. Ryoko was the oldest buy twenty seconds and he looked like a mini Sesshomaru while Ren looked like his mother except for his eyes which were golden like his father's. Once he was up to her he knelt down to her level and tried to clam her down. “Aunt Rin, what's the matter?” he asked her. She lifted her head to meet his glaze with her tear stricken ones. Kenshien gave her a pitted look though he didn't want to but the way she was looking right now he couldn't help it. She looked so fragile at this moment of time.
 
“Oh Kenshien, he's gone, he's gone.” She said to him and desperate voice as if she couldn't believe it was true. Kenshien gave her a confused look wondering who she was talking about but he had an idea and he didn't like it, not one bit.
 
“Who?” asked Kenshien but he had a feeling who she was crying about. What happened to Sesshomaru? Did he get hurt or worst? Kenshien shook his head not wanting to think about it.
 
“Sesshomaru…” she wailed and buried her head into her hands and continued her crying. Both of her son's eyes widened at hearing her mother say that their father was gone. Their eye's narrowed as their eyes filled with the same tears as their mother. Kenshien didn't do anything. He seemed to be in some sort of shock.
 
“Kenshien?” a voice came from the dark. It snapped Kenshien from his shock and he turned his back to Rin and looked over to the person who had called out his name. Turning around he saw his mate, Suki. “Kenshien, I'm scared.” she told her mate. Kenshien could do nothing but to agree with her. She did look afraid and he wished with all of his heart that he could take that fear from his mate but he knew that he couldn't but he could comfort her. Getting up he walked over to her and embraced her. She lend in to her mate seeking his comfort that he was giving her. She tried to think back to the happy times to release her from the fear of losing her mother and father. It was ironic that her parents were Kenshien's parents' best friends; Sango and Miroku. Of course Miroku didn't like to think that his baby girl was getting mated at such an early age but her mother and Kenshien's mom convinced him into doing so and now they were waiting for their own little bundle of joy. Suki smiled at that thought as she rubbed her heavily swollen stomach.
 
“Don't worry everything is going to be okay.” he comfort her the best he could. Kenshien's eyes glazed over as he went into deep thought of what he should do as he held Suki closer. He could ignore this event and stay in the hut to a wait his family's return or he could go out into battle and fight along his father, possibly save them. Though there are consequences to each action. If he stayed in the hut his family could die while he just sat here and did nothing to save them. That was something he could not bare if that were to happen. But if he did go and everything was fine he could get in the way and possibly cause someone to be hurt because he got in the way. It was a hard choice but finally after some thinking Kenshien made his decision, he was going to go. With one last tight squeeze he let Suki go and run up the stairs and out of the hut. He was going and he was going to help his family win this battle. With that thought he took off in a run towards the direction that his family was fighting a great evil.
 
Kenshien didn't have to run far. With his demon speed he made it to the battle in little to no time. Though when he got there he suddenly wish he hadn't listened to his father and came anyway. There on the ground in a pool of his own blood was his father. Next to him was Sesshomaru in a similar stated; he was dead too. He saw his mother hovering over his father pleading to come back to her but she got no response as his father's eyes stared into space, cold and unseeing as death took him from this world. He also saw far off Sango and Miroku lying in each other's embrace. They weren't moving and were bloodied up almost to an extent that you couldn't recognize their bodies. Despite of everything the two had smiles on their faces.
 
“Father…” he called to Inuyasha breathless. Kenshien shook his head not wanting to believe that, that was his father on the ground, in a pool of his own blood that that was his father staring into space with those dead eyes Kenshien had only seen on people that have pass to the after life. No! he thought desperately not wanting it to be true. His father was the strongest around. There was no way he could be dead. It isn't true! A cold heartless laugh brought everyone back to the battle at hand. Kenshien looked around the area trying to find the person who murdered his father. He looked left to right and could not find anything but when he looked up was when he saw the person who did this. There was a person, no, a demon that was in a pink barrier hovering above them, laughing at them. Rage filled Kenshien to a dangerous level. This demon just killed his proud father and now was laughing at them. How dare he?! Kenshien could not contain his anger and charged at the man above him without thinking through things. All he could think about was that this demon killed his father and insulted them; this demon would pay.
 
“Kenshien!” he heard his mother calling out to him but he didn't listen to her calls. All of his being to him to kill and he was gladly giving in to the blood lust to kill this demon in front of him. Kenshien jumped in the air and raised his clawed hand up in an attack position. He heard his mother cry out when he hit the barrier only to bounce off it and hit the ground hard. Kenshien skidded on the ground from such force and he didn't stop until he hit a tree behind him. He gave a small cry at the hit. Kenshien panted for his lungs took most of the hit and knocked the wind out of him. He struggled to get up as he tried to get his eyes focused. Before he knew it he was up and saw his mother running for him with tears in her worried eyes. She was frightened that her baby was hurt. He had taken such a powerful hit that Kagome worried for her son's safety. What Kagome forgot was that Naraku was still here and he wasn't the one to wait or to fight fairly.
 
“Mother!” Kenshien cried out to his mother as he saw the demon disappear and reappear behind his mother. Kenshien came out of his shock and went to run to her when he couldn't move his feet. Looking down he saw spider webs circling around his legs and was moving up his body. He tugged and pulled but nothing worked. He turned back to his mother and the demon. Kenshien could do nothing but watch as the attack on his mother went in slow motion. His eyes widened in horror as the demon cut his mother down. The last thing she did was stretched out her arm as if to reach for him, to touch him one last time. He could do nothing as her body hits the cod hard ground. She lays there no moving.
 
“No…” Kenshien whispered softly. This can't be happening! he thought as he pulled on his restraints more. First his father and now his mother, he wasn't able to take it. Everyone was dead as he looked around. Most of his family was dead! Kenshien shook his head as he felt the sting at the back of his eyes as tears appear unwontedly. “Mother…” he called out to her softly but he got no response. The demon appeared in front of him and he jerks back but he couldn't get far as the spider webs restrain him. The demon before him was laughing at him.
 
“It is a shame, isn't it?” the demon in front of him said with a small snicker at the end. Kenshien just growled at the demon not wanting to take to him but to rip his claws into this demon's flesh. “You don't even know who I am, do you?” the demon asked with a smirk. The demon got his answer when Kenshien didn't speak. “I thought so. Well let me introduce myself. I am Naraku.” Kenshien stopped his growling at the name the demon gave him. That wasn't true! Naraku was dead! His mother and father would repeatedly tell him the stories every time as a bed time story when he was just a pup. This couldn't be the Naraku his family defeated!
 
“That's not true!” Kenshien growled out in anger. “Naraku is dead! My mother and father made sure of it!” he roared to this Naraku person. The person who said he was Naraku smirked evilly and laughed again at him. “Let me go!” he screamed at him but Naraku ignored him.
 
“Correct. I was dead but if you know me so well didn't your mother and father ever tell you about how I always come back.” Naraku said to him with an evil gleam in his eye. “Of course I needed help for this one.” he continued. “Please give all of the thank you to this lovely lady.” Naraku told him as he pointed off into the forest. Kenshien couldn't help but look at the direction to where Naraku pointed off to. Naraku seeing that he had gotten the boy's attention moved out of Kenshien's eye view so that he could see exactly who the blame of this tragic moment was. Kenshien's full attention was out to the spot where this other person was to come out and to the least he was shocked. First there were foot steps and then slowly but surely the person came out from the shadows. Kenshien's struggle to get free doubled at the sight before him. There was Kikyo! That bitched helped this monster to kill his family! And it wasn't just that she had his mate Suki in her grasp!
 
“Look who I find Naraku. She was just wondering around outside of a hut. I thought I could bring her here as a present for everyone.” Kikyo told them. At her words Kenshien wanted to rip her apart. How dare she touch his mate?! No one was allowed to touch mate unless he said they could!
 
“Oh how generous of you.” Naraku commented of her work. This was just perfected! What is the best way to break someone than to see their mate get killed in front of them and she is with pup no less? This was too rich. Naraku licked his lips at the thought of the despair that would come from the boy soon.
 
 
“Suki!” he called out to her desperate to reach her. To feel her against his body, to know she was safe and not in the clutches of these vile beasts. He saw her reach a hand out towards him and called out to him. Though no matter what he did he couldn't get to her. He was stuck with no way to get free.
 
“Kenshien!” she called out to him in desperation. She had just ran out of the hut after telling the Karai to put up a barrier around the door that leads to the cellar. Then she got dizzy and the next thing she knew she was here being held by Kikyo. What was she doing? Kikyo had been a family friend for years. Why was she doing this? All thoughts stopped as she felt something cold pressed against her neck. Kenshien's eyes widened at a dagger that Kikyo pulled out of her kimono. His struggle tripled at the sight of it being put to Suki's neck. “No, don't! Please!” he begged them but all that did was amusing them farther. With a nodded from Naraku which Kenshien didn't see Kikyo slit Suki's throat.
 
“Kenshien…” Suki whispered her last words. Kenshien stopped all movement. All he could do is stare in her once living eyes that were now turning cold just like his father's and mother's as death took them from this world. “Suki…” Kenshien whispered her name as Kikyo dropped Suki's lifeless body to the ground. All he could do was stare. No…he thought desperately. Just a couple of minutes ago he told her everything was going to be fine. He put his head down making his hair cover his eyes. He had lied to her! He told her everything was going to be ok and he lied. He didn't want this to happen. Why was this happening?! But no matter how many times he asked he couldn't come up with the answers to his questions.
 
In all of his grief he didn't realize that the webs that held him into place were slowly dissolving into smoke. It was when that his arms feel to his side did he take notice. Kenshien looked down at his body and saw that the spider webs were no more. They were gone from his person and disappeared like they weren't even there in the first place. Without a second thought Kenshien ran to his beloved's dead body. What he didn't notice was the pair sets of eyes watching him. One set was filled with amusement the other was filled with rage and anger.
 
“What are you doing Naraku?” Kikyo screamed at him. “This was not part of the plan! We are suppose to kill all of them not let them go!” Kikyo yelled at the top of her lungs. Naraku didn't respond too quickly as he watched over his foes pup as he shook the young maiden in hopes that she was still alive. Naraku continued to look on as he watched the pup call out his mates' name but she didn't respond. Naraku grin sickly. This was just what he wanted. The grief of another was so pleasurable to watch that Naraku licked his lips. It disappointed him when he had to break his focus off the young boy to Kikyo's ugly face screaming at him.
 
000000000000000
 
Kenshien ran as fast as he could to his mate. Picking her up with his arms around her shoulders and waist he shook her slightly trying to wake her up. He knew she was dead. She no longer had a heart beat; the color of her once pink skin was fading into a pale white. It was something he never wanted to see on his mate for these things were signs of death. Even though he refused to his mind accepted that his mate was dead and to was time for a final good-bye. It was something he never wanted to do but he had to say one last good-bye to her before he had to face this new threat alone. Pulling her close to his chest; to his heart he whispered his final good-byes into her ear.
 
“I'm sorry Suki…” he started off. “I'm so sorry. I failed you. I promised to protect you and I couldn't even do that. I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me for I will never forgive myself after all of this. Good-bye…I love you my Suki.” he finished his good-byes as he sobbed in her hair. He was about to put her down when he heard a heat beat. “Suki?” he called to her thinking that she by some miracle was still alive some how. He narrowed his eyes in concentration trying to find where the heart beat was coming from. It brought great sadness to him to find that it wasn't coming from where her heart should be but it was lower. Kenshien followed his ears that were telling him that the heart beat was lower. He dreaded the thought of where it could be coming from. Kenshien shook his head when he found the spot where the heart beat was coming from; Suki's stomach. Much to his despair it was his pups' heart beat that was still beating. Kenshien closed his eyes trying to not to listen to it for with each beat it got weaker and slower until it stopped completely. Tears sprung in his eyes once more. There was nothing more painful than to have to listen to your pups' heart stopping all because you couldn't protect them. Too buried in his misery Kenshien didn't notice Naraku and Kikyo behind him.
 
“Aw…Isn't that touching.” Kikyo said with a smirk. Naraku was right. It was pleasurable to watch people suffer. Perhaps she misjudged him.
 
“Yes, it is.” Naraku agreed with her. At the sound of their voiced Kenshien pulled his head up to meet their glaze. Gently he put Suki down and stood up as the proud half demon he was. His eye's filled with rage.
 
“How dare you?! I'll kill you.” he shouted at them as he crouched down in an attack position/ Not a second went by and Kenshien jumped into the air, his clawed hand raised high above his head. Once he was close enough to Naraku he brought down his attack only to be repelled backwards just like before. That didn't stop him though as he would get back up to attack them again only to get knocked done again. Kenshien repeated this action many times until his body could take no more of it.
 
“It is a shame, is it Naraku?” asked Kikyo with a sick look on her face. “He is attacking us but isn't getting anywhere. I wonder when he'll wise up that that won't work on this barrier.” Kikyo informed him. Naraku smirked darkly and raised his hand to strike. His smirk turned into a grin at the sickening sound that his attack gave off when being thrusted through flesh.
 
“Yes it id a shame Kikyo.” he agreed with her loving the look on her face at the pain that her clay body gave off. Kikyo didn't speak any words just stuttering. With wide eyes she looked down at her body to see Naraku's hand straight though her body. It didn't registers for some time but when it did she turned her face back to Naraku.
 
“W-why?” she asked him as blood and dead souls released from her body. There was no hope for her. She would never recover from this.
 
“Why not?” that was what Naraku gave as his answer as Kikyo closed her eyes on final time and her body made of clay turned to dust. Once she was gone and out of his way Naraku turned his sights to the boy in front of him. “I will let you live for now.” He started out saying as his body started to disappear. “It would be interesting to watch how you react now that you are mostly alone now. Most of your family is dead. How long would you hold out?” his body completely disappearing and his voice only remained. “What will you do know, Kenshien? Live out your days knowing you did nothing to save your family? Or will you train just as hard as your father and come after me? Even though if you some how defeat me at least you have the sense of mind that you avenged their deaths.” With that Naraku completely disappeared leaving Kenshien with his thoughts.
 
9999999999999999999