InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Princess Bride

(I don't own the characters of InuYasha nor do I own S. Morgenstern's The Princess Bride)

(A/N: I just thought it would be cute to write something about Princess Bride because it's like my FAVORITE movie. Cary Elwes is so hot!!! ! Plus, I've never found a fic that has used this plot, so we'll see how it turns out.)

(Second A/N: I've also changed the personalities of some of the Princess Bride characters to match the InuYasha casts attitudes so just in case you're wondering…)

P R O L O G U E :

Kagome grew up on a small farm outside the city of Florin. (A/N: Yes, I'm trying to keep the places the same so I don't get utterly confused, `cuz then I would have to start finding cities in Japan and such and then… well… ok what was the purpose of this author's note again?) She lived with her mother and her younger brother Sota and they worked hard to make ends meet on their farm. When Kagome was fifteen years old, her mother, Lady Higurashi, decided they needed another hand on the farm. One day, they set out for Florin to purchase a slave.

In town, Kagome and Sota wandered off, curious with all of the outdoor shops and all of the strange people yelling about their goods. Out of the corner of her eye, Kagome saw a flash of silver disappear between two huts and charge into the alley. "What was that?" She asked her brother, gazing off in the direction.

"I dunno. Let's go follow it!" He replied with an impish smile, grasping his sister's hand in his own and they both dashed after the person. Darkness enveloped the both of them and their running pace slowed dramatically. "Uh… Kagome?"

"Yes, Sota?" She answered, feeling his grip on her hand tighten. He whimpered a little bit because of the blackness of the alley and snuggled closer to her. "Come on, it's not that dark! Besides, it's not like we're going to get-"

"What the hell are you doing here?" An angry voice roared from the darkness. Kagome froze, her dark sapphire eyes drying as she licked her lips and looked around vainly in the darkness.

"K-Kagome. W-who was t-that?" Sota stuttered in fear, his arm fully intertwined with his elder sister's as he tried to use her body to shield him. She hushed her brother and pulled him closer to herself with her other arm and gulped, ready to speak with a steady and unafraid voice.

"We saw someone come back here and we were just curious at who was there." She answered the mysterious voice, gasping when she heard something hit the ground with a light thud before her. Amber eyes, clear and cold were staring at her now, with an almost curious glare. "Are you the one was saw?"

"Yeah, it was me who fled," the man spit back, blinking and then cleared his throat. "You're not going to tell them I'm back here are you?" He asked with desperation and panic weaved into his gruff voice.

Who would we tell? She asked, but decided to be honest, even though she was a bit oblivious to what he was talking about. "No, we won't." Kagome replied, meeting eyes with the dark stranger, feeling the blackness closing in on her. The man sighed and then shifted his position on his feet.

"If you turn around, you'll be out in the market again," He stated, putting a large hand on her shoulder and turning her the other direction. "Don't make it obvious you were in here." He added before Kagome heard footsteps running away from the spot, growing distant.

My… That was an interesting experience…