InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Realizations in the Field ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three:

(A/N: Writers block subsided! WAHOO!)

*

"InuYasha!" Lady Higurashi called out the window to the farm boy who was cutting some wood. "Would you come here a moment?" The hanyou, reluctant to come into contact with any of the family members, trudged over and stood patiently.

"You needed something?" He asked gruffly, his amber eyes looking through his thick silvery bangs at the kind-hearted woman who had took him in. It was out of pity and he hated it.

"Would you go and find Kagome for me? I need her to go to Lady Yusaki's house to return the kimono she left the last time she had visited our home," Lady Higurashi smiled, watching as he sighed and nodded. "Thank you, dear."

"Don't call me dear," He spat back suddenly and harshly, biting his tongue afterwards. "You're not my mother." He turned, skeins of his mane blowing in the wind as he sniffed the air and took off to the east. Lady Higurashi stood puzzled and gazed out at the young man, wondering what had caused that outburst. She was only trying to make him feel welcome and unlike the slave he was.

* *

Kagome was lying in the fields, enjoying the feel of the crisp breeze and the peacefulness she felt away from home. Ever since her mother had brought the farm boy InuYasha home, there had been nothing but chaos and tension. She had tried to speak with him but ended up becoming angry with him every single time. He was an impossible, arrogant and RUDE jerk!

Flashback…

Kagome walked to the barn when her mother had returned to the house after she had taken InuYasha to the barn. She was curious as to why the boy was being so nasty and animal-like. She knocked silently on the barn door and opened it cautiously, as if he was going to break all of her bones if she entered. She saw him up in the rafters of the old barn, sitting and brooding. The welts on his arms were scabbing over from what she could see and she also noticed that her dear mother had provided him with a clean hakama.

"Hello up there," she called, gasping when he leapt down right in front of her in a swift movement. He was growling through his fangs and his smoldering orbs were searing her body with their anger.

"What are you doing in here?" He snarled, his voice not sounding human or normal like it had in the alley earlier that day.

"I was just coming to see how you liked the barn and I was going to introduce myself," she replied, feeling her patience with this hanyou wear thin. Why was he being so mean? What had she done?

"The barn is just fine and I don't really care who you are," He retorted, turning around to go pace back and forth across the wooden floors. That is when Kagome noticed he was barefoot.

"Do you want some sandals? We have my father's old pair back at the house-"

InuYasha whirled around and snarled, appearing in her face with his talons positioned by her throat. Kagome swallowed a cry and fixed him a look of fury.

"Excuse ME," She shouted. "What the HELL do you think you doing?"

"What the hell is with you people? Why are you trying to be so nice? You all pity me and I hate pity! Leave me alone! All of you! I'll be your stinkin' farm boy and that's all! I don't want to have anything to do with you!" He yelled back, pushing her away and running out the door.

Kagome followed but couldn't keep up so she yelled into the distance, "My name is Kagome and I just want to be your friend!"

"Well friends don't betray each other!" He roared back, not stopping and disappeared from her vision, into the night.

Wait… I betrayed him? HOW? I barely know him! Oh that JERK!

End Flashback…

All conversations went down hill. Every single one she had ever had with him… except one… It was beginning to drive her insane! But every time she spoke with him, she realized that something had caused him great pain and that was why he acted the way he did.

Flashback…

"InuYasha?" Kagome asked softly, unsure of what she was seeing. She saw him flee earlier that day after he had fed the animals but paid no mind. "Is that you?"

"Feh. Yeah, who'd you think it was?" He barked back, his hand sweeping through his thick black hair. He fixed his violet eyes on her, looking irritated. Kagome got on her knees and reached out uncertainly to touch his face lightly and was mildly surprised when he didn't pull away. Instead, a light blush patched across his cheeks and he made nervous sounds in his throat. "What are you doing?" He whispered, sounding cornered.

"Why do you look like this? Where are you ears and your claws, InuYasha?" She questioned, searching around this thick black mane for the adorable little cat ears that she secretly admired.

The hanyou turned human sighed and backed away from her innocent touch. "You weren't supposed to find out about this," He mumbled and saw her chocolate brown eyes fall at the response he gave her, "but now that you've managed to find out I should tell you." He took a deep breath and leaned back on his elbows, looking up at the dark, moonless sky. "My mother was a human, my father was a dog youkai. I'm only half youkai and so when there's no moon in the sky, I turn human for a night. I really didn't want anyone to find out about it because I could be killed because of it."

Kagome was shocked. He was actually talking civilly to her and he let her touch him- and what was this? He was telling her his secret? Her own face began to glow an unruly crimson red. "Thank you for trusting me with your secret, InuYasha." She said with a smile, watching as he stiffened a bit and gave an embarrassed sound that accompanied his red cheeks.

"Trusting you? No! If you tell, I'll kill you!" InuYasha shouted at her, making her smile flip into a hurt arc. Tears mounted in her eyes and he gasped again. Damn it he was working himself deeper and deeper into the hole now!

"You're such a stupid jerk! What's your problem?" She sobbed, jumping to her feet and kicked him before she took off back towards the house.

"FEH!" He shouted after her, feeling somewhat bad about how he had treated her.

End Flashback…

"Kagome!" InuYasha shouted, bringing her out of her daydream. She bolted upright at hearing his voice and blushed because of the topic she had been thinking of just seconds before.

The hanyou halted before her, the sunlight glinting off of his perspiring, lean body. Kagome never new how handsome he really was until this moment, his muscular chest heaving a little from the small run he had had and a few thick sections of hair had blown over his shoulder. Her blush deepened and her scent became lined with her embarrassment. InuYasha himself became off balance a little bit at her arousal.

"Yes?" She asked, focusing on the ground. She couldn't look at him now. She had just made an idiot of herself!

"Uh… Your ma wants you… To return a kimono… that she had to… give…" He gulped, unable to control his youkai blood. She was aroused, causing him to be aroused. He dropped to his knees and pulled her into his arms, against his strong chest that seared her with his heat and attractiveness. Kagome gasped when she met his eyes and saw them to be clouded with lust, but realized they were a mirror image of her own. They wanted each other.

InuYasha bent his head down and rested his warm lips to her soft and pliant ones. She tasted so sweet and pure that he groaned to spite himself. Kagome wasn't sure what to do but she relaxed into him and moved her mouth in unison with his. His chest hummed with growls when she started to kiss him harder. He slid his tongue into her slick mouth and explored every inch of it, she doing the same to him. Unable to help himself, the hanyou's hand crept down to Kagome's bosom and he gently started to tease her left breast.

"InuYasha…" Kagome moaned, prickling sensations going down her spine from his hand and his tongue. His touch was making her shiver with pleasure.

InuYasha wanted more. He wanted MUCH more. He never realized how deep his feelings for her were. Even though he was angry with her for betraying him in the market, he knew she was just as kind as her mother and willing to be his friend. But, she had a fiery personality and a very vile temper when he brought it out of her. At this moment, he forgot about all of it and just focused on her silky presence that was leading him astray from his levels of control.

"InuYasha… Why are we doing this?" She whispered between adjustments of the mouth.

There was no response, just a pleased growl and a small chuckle from her question. Kagome sighed and drew back, holding his face in her hands, stroking his cheeks gently.

"What did I do to betray you?" She asked, remembering the argument they had had the first night at the barn. Since they were basically making out, it would be the perfect time to ask, right?

InuYasha's eyes cleared immediately and became consumed in fury. "What did you do? I'll tell you what you did! You went and you told the slave masters that I had run away! They found me because of you! I was going to get away too," He spat, his eyes softening again when he saw a tear escape her eye.

"Y-you've been treating me horribly because…" She tried to swallow her anger and hurt feelings. "Because you assumed I betrayed you?" She withdrew her hands. "I never did that! Sota and I never went to the slave cart at all! We did nothing! And you blamed me for betraying you when I only wanted to get closer to you? InuYasha!" She began to sob into her little hands, hurt that he would think of such a thing.

"K-Kagome, don't cry… S-stop it!" He ordered, but it only served to make her bawl some more. No knowing what to do, he tried to back away from her, but was unable to when she crumbled back into his chest. He raised his hand unsurely to the back of her head and massaged and stroked her hair softly, using his free arm to pull her closer as she cried.

"I-I didn't do it…" She moaned a little between sobs, tearing at the hanyou more.

"Kagome… I… I've never been able to trust anyone… That… That's why I thought you had done that… I was… wrong…" He gulped, feeling strange. He had never apologized in these circumstances before. Was he even doing it right?

Kagome drew back, her eyes puffy and a sneer crossed her lips. "OF COURSE YOU WERE WRONG!" She roared, knocking him onto his back so she was on top of him. "I'd never do anything to hurt the ones I lo-" She stopped, her chocolate brown eyes wide.

InuYasha looked at her in disbelief. "W-what?"

Kagome jumped up, embarrassed and started to fiddle with her hands. "I uh… have to go take that kimono back for mother… B-bye!" She stuttered, fleeing with a face that resembled a cherry.

InuYasha felt a pang in his stomach when realization hit him. They were in love with each other.

(A/N: There's a good long chapter for you! Sorry it took me so long but I've been busy ! Hope you liked all the cute stuff in it!)