InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Naraku's Plan and Kagome's Conciousness ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Ok, Just a few notes before I write this.

I appreciate all of you who are reviewing! Thank you so much !

I find it hilarious that two people's opinions are contradicting each other about the princess bride. One thinks it's better and one thinks it's not as good. Now I'm inspired to try to make it better so both people will be pleased! (I highly doubt it'll be as good as the original. I mean... who could replace Cary Elwes as Wesley? Oh lord… He is sooooooooooooo incredibly hot… EEP! OFF TOPIC!)

Um… I think I said all that I wanted to and I would like to thank Aurora_Thorn and Inuyasha Loves Me for their inspiring reviews. (I'll please you guys! I hope… Hey Inuyasha Loves Me, thanks for your opinion. I really respect it . I feel very honored that you're reading my story and telling me what you really think about it. I know it probably will not be as good as the movie but they did such a good job on it that there will NEVER be anything that comes close to it! But, you must admit. Drool with me. Cary Elwes is fine ;)

(All right! I'm done with my mindless ramblings! ONTO THE CHAPTER!)

Previously…

"Put the princess in the corner. We'll set sail and try to go to the Cliffs of Death by midday tomorrow," Naraku ordered and had them all prepare the ship, which they did begrudgingly. "This will be one war that no man on any side, Gilder or Florin will ever forget," Naraku added and laughed, his voice rich with evil and crude delight. Sango cringed and hid her face from Sesshomaru and Miroku, feeling dirty and cold.

That is what he thinks. Feh, Sesshomaru thought, lightly tossing Kagome down in the corner of the ship and went to join Miroku in untying the sails.

~*~

Chapter Six:

The stars twinkled above the small ship that had been sailing for the past hour, over foamy and dangerous waters. The air was crisp and cool, feeling brisk to the humans aboard. Sango had fallen asleep on the starboard side with a small, tattered blanket shielding her from the chilly air. Miroku had placed it on her.

As the ship sailed on, Naraku was sitting quietly on the furthest side from his followers, brooding and planning what was to happen next. He had kidnapped the princess and taken her into his captivity. Now all he had to do was frame Gilder for her blood being spilt. He was so consumed in his thought that he had managed to block everything else out.

Golden eyes, alert and prepared, overlooked every part of the ship for any danger or inconveniences at all. The Inuyoukai shifted slightly against the side of the large boat, his eyes now hopping back and forth between the princess and of the slumbering Sango. Miroku was at his side also awake but his studies of the two women were far more… `In depth.'

"Contain yourself, Miroku. The smell of your arousal is making me ill," Sesshomaru grumbled. He stood and walked a distance between them, the aroma of his compatriot's sick thoughts still clouding his nose.

"I apologize Sesshomaru, but it is not every day you see such fine looking women sleeping peacefully, unaware of the real world and their troubles. Two of them in fact," He added meaningfully, nibbling on the end of his thumb as he relaxed a bit. Was his arousal really that strong that Sesshomaru had to complain about it? "Don't you find gazing at them relaxing?"

"No, I find it rather irritating. They will just be nuisances when they awaken. Besides, I do not trouble myself over any females," The handsome Inuyoukai replied and reverted his eyes up to the sky, the moon reflecting in his tawny irises and fanning off of his face. He looked like an image of pure power and divinity.

"Suit yourself. I shall enjoy this view all on my own then," Miroku chuckled but started when he heard a purely innocent groan escape one of the young women's lips. He looked back and forth between the beautiful girl they had taken captive and Sango, realizing that Sango would not let out such a melodious ring from her voice at awakening.

Sesshomaru's gazed flicked to the princess as she slowly sat up, her raven hair in disarray over her shoulder, rubbing the sleep from her sorrowful chocolate colored eyes. Her hand rose tentatively to rub at her neck where she had been grabbed when a gasp escaped her small rose-colored lips. Why was she on a ship with these people? What did they want? "W-who are you?" She asked and a scowl marred her ethereal beauty, replacing it with an irresistible defiance that any male would have died to argue a few words with her.

"I see our princess has awakened," Miroku said aloud, amusement rich in his smooth and velvety voice. "How are you feeling, your highness?"

Kagome gazed around, seeing a young man probably around twenty years old winking at her with the look of an old lecher in his eyes. She then saw the other male occupant of the area, realizing he was the one who had grabbed her by the neck and rendered her unconscious. He was beautiful and his eyes reminded her of Inuyasha's, except this man's eyes were cold and emotionless. "Why have you brought me here? What is it that you want?" She asked, not answering the lecherous young man's question.

The stunningly gorgeous Inuyoukai spoke up but it was gruff and somewhat harsh. "Our master Naraku has stolen you to start a war. We do not know much of the details but what we do know is that your blood is going to be shed on the Gilderian frontier." He cleared his throat and began to look elsewhere as if he was too bored to maintain conversation with her or Miroku.

Kagome was stunned. When had all of this sprung up? Why did Lord Koga not know of any of this? She let out a pent up breath and started to smooth her hair nervously. "So… I am to die when we arrive in Gilder?" She asked softly. The young man nodded, his eyes now not hinting what he was really thinking of her. "I see…"

"I do not believe in this, but our Master is set on controlling everyone and everything. He desires power, money, greed, and blood of the innocent… You name it, it is what he wants," Remembering his manners, he did an impish grin. "By the way, my name is Miroku."

"I'm Kagome," She replied, bowing. Perhaps this Miroku is not such a bad man along with the other two on this ship. Maybe it is their Master Naraku who is the villain in this plot, she thought and moved to sit next to the young man with violet eyes. "Excuse me," she called to Sesshomaru. The only notion that he gave of acknowledgement was a shifting of his eyes to her face. "What is your name?"

"Sesshomaru, but it is of no consequence to you. We will not be in any alliances any time soon so there is no bother to remember it," He spat at her, not as calmly as he or Miroku would have liked but it was all he was used to. Humans, filthy, disgusting, barbaric…

"Don't mind him," Miroku whispered bringing his lips close to her ear. "He's just a little rough around the edges. Why don't we use… something to soften him up…" After he spoke those words, Kagome felt a hand brush against her backside and then return again to squeeze and feel. Her eyes widened and she gave in to her first instinct. She slapped him as hard as she could, sending him flying back into the side of the ship.

Sesshomaru chuckled lightly, it was controlled but he was fairly amused. "That is nearly as bad as Sango," He mumbled. Kagome looked up, her face flushed from disgust and embarrassment.

"Sango?" She looked around to find who Sango was and her eyes lit up when she saw the young woman from earlier, sleeping peacefully. Her gaze turned neutral when she saw the uncomfortable shadow that loomed over the girl. "Is something the matter with her?"

"Yes, mentally. Naraku has used her as his convenient `pleasure slave' ever since she has reached her maturity. It has damaged her confidence. I could understand why. Mating with a beast like that is putrid and repelling," Sesshomaru snorted, shifting his position.

"You don't think… he will…" Kagome swallowed, her anxiety welling up in her chest again. "Fondle me… do you?"

Sesshomaru shrugged minutely, looking disinterested. "It is entirely possible. He does what he wishes. Miroku and I have no opinion to stop him."

"You seem strong enough. Why don't you kill him?" Kagome asked but clamped her mouth shut at the change that came over his face. Pain, anger and wonder were all mixed together at her words.

"It is not that simple…" He growled, sounding frustrated and somewhat irritated. She nodded, not really understanding. All she wanted to do was end the conversation before something else happened. "I would… If…" He trailed off, not wanting to discuss the subject further. Kagome understood.

"I understand," She said and stood, walking to the side of the ship, eying the chopping waves. She leaned over to get a closer look.

"I wouldn't do that," Came Sesshomaru's cool and cultured voice in mild warning.

"I'll be fine-" She started to say but then screamed in alarm when something with very sharp fangs sprung forth from the water and latched onto her arm. She tried to break free but the creature, in the blink of an eye, flung her over the ship's side and sent her cascading into the dark and dangerous waters.

Sesshomaru groaned. Humans. Such foolish creatures, he thought before he flung off his dark and heavy outer kimono, diving into the water to save her. He smelled the air but could not track her scent because she had been dragged under. He dispersed down into the salty water, opening his eyes. They burned from the acidity but his youkai senses aided him in finding her. Serpent youkai, he calculated and saw her shadow in the water, struggling. She was going to suffocate herself if she kept that up so he, with great speed, slashed the numerous water serpents that had been tearing at her clothes and inflicting minor flesh wounds on her and dragged her to the surface.

Kagome gasped for air, shaking from fear and from the pain in her legs where she had been assaulted by all the serpent youkai. The salt in the water was not helping much, but she was surprised to have been saved by Sesshomaru. "T-thank y-you…" She shivered as he dumped her carelessly on board the ship, emerging and hopping up gracefully himself. He started to wring the water from his knee length white hair when he snorted and rolled his eyes.

"You should have listened to me. Foolish human," He said to her in amusement and annoyance. Kagome shrugged and wrapped herself in the garment that Sesshomaru threw at her in the next instant. He and Miroku are not bad people except for the lecherous behavior and the arrogance and impatience. Also, from what I have heard of Sango she doesn't seem it either. Are they bound to Naraku? How mysterious…

Kagome sighed. This was going to be some adventure. She just knew it. If I am to die on the Gilderian frontier, then so be it. I will join Inuyasha and be with him for eternity.

(A/N: There's your chapter! And, as a special bonus, I will give you a preview to the next chapter!

PREVIEW:

Chapter Seven:

WOW! Wasn't that a great preview? (lol))