InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five:

Koga peered in the room to see his fiancé, Kagome, crying in her sleep. He thought he had smelled the sick saltiness of sorrow but doubted himself, but it was getting so potent that he had to check to be sure. Why does she torture herself so much? What could have happened to her to make her act in such a way?

He cleared his throat hoping to startle and wake her up. She jumped and her eyes shot open in alarm. She swiftly sat up, her eyes slightly red from lack of sleep and from her unintentional tears. She turned, wiping her eyes, to see the proud and royal wolf youkai who she was going to be wed to in a month. "Oh. L-lord Koga…" She stuttered meekly, rather embarrassed with her self. She clearly did not look presentable.

"Are you alright, my dear?" He asked, his gruff and husky voice somewhat softer at an attempt to be gentle with her. He stepped into her room and stood in front of her, taking her hands and started to stroke them lightly with the pads of his thumbs. Kagome felt no warmth from his light gesture of comfort but she knew he was trying. After living in the castle for a week, observing his behavior combined with learning his personality, she knew showing this sort of affection was not an easy thing for him. She managed a weak but unconvincing smile when she looked up into his cloudy azure eyes.

"I'm fine," She replied but her lips formed a neutral line after she had spoken. Koga pulled her to her feet and wrapped his arms tightly around her. Kagome felt herself be smashed against a hot and rock hair chest that did nothing to ease her pain of heartbreak. It only reminded her of how Inuyasha had been much more comfortable. She closed her eyes and attempted to keep her sorrow at bay but Koga could smell her unshed tears.

"Your misery is going to be the death of you," He whispered, his hand going to tangle in her longer and softer raven locks. "I love you. You do not have to feel alone."

Kagome felt a pang in her chest at his words and her emptiness re-consumed her. She did not and could not ever come to love Koga. Not as he wanted her to any way. I'm such a horrible person. I do not even love my own fiancé… she thought sadly with much guilt. I do not want to dwell on the past but I will not ever be able to forget Inuyasha. I'll try, but it will take me a very long time.

"T-thank you, Koga," she whispered and drew away from his rough embrace, feeling more oxygen pass into her lungs. He had been holding her in a death grip. "Forgive me but I need to get some fresh air. I'm going to go for a ride on my horse youkai."

He nodded, feeling somewhat hurt that she did not say she loved him in return. He, in truth was very much in love with her, even though she was a human. She was the most beautiful young woman he had ever seen and her beauty was one that would only grow with time. He also needed a mate to produce his heirs. She was perfect for the job. "Be back before the sun sets. Wild youkai roam the surrounding forests."

"Yes, I know," Kagome replied, bowing, and then she wrapped a traveling cloak around her shoulders. I need to get away from everyone… she thought as she strolled down the halls to exit and approach the stables.

**

Kagome looked like an image of true ethereal beauty on the back of her horse youkai as she rode through the forest. The sun was beginning to set but by no means was she finished riding. She was a site for any male of any species at this point. Her long and thick ebony hair was blowing and bouncing off of her lower back as she held onto her horse's mane. Her dark chocolate colored eyes portrayed a sad, vulnerable edge that would have made any man want to comfort her instantly. Her cheeks were pinched with her sadness and her lips were set in a pouty line.

"Excuse me," A deep and cultured voice sounded from behind her on the horse. She made her youkai mode of transportation come to a halt as she pulled the reigns so she was facing the four people who were standing on the path behind her.

"May I help you?" She asked as she attempted to keep her unease and anxiety out of her voice.

"Yes. We appear to be lost. Could you tell my compatriots and myself if there is a village nearby? Our woman is wounded," He finished and pointed to a young woman who looked about her age dressed in a dark cloak. She met the other woman's gaze and saw something flickering in her eyes. She then took a few moments to observe the other members of the group. There was one, he appeared to be a man, a very TALL man who was in a garment that masked his face. The one who had addressed her had dark long and unruly hair and eerie crimson eyes. There was another, besides the wounded young woman, who had his hair tied back in a short ponytail with the most obscure violet eyes she had ever seen.

"No, I'm sorry. There isn't anything. If you'd like I can take her on my horse back to the castle of Lord Koga-" She started to ask but then the extremely tall man in a cloak approached her.

"That is quite unnecessary," The traveler with blood red eyes said with a hint of amusement. "We have all that we need now."

The tall stranger reached out and placed his hand on her neck. It was warm and it started to grip her tightly. She opened her mouth to cry out to anyone who might happen to hear it but then she slipped into blackness.

"Be gentle with her, Sesshomaru. You know how fragile human women can be," Naraku chided in harsh amusement and shot a look at the Sango, the young woman who had appeared to be `injured.' Sesshomaru grunted, holding an unconscious Kagome in his arms cradle style.

"Remind me, Naraku. Why have we just taken her captive again?" The Inuyoukai asked and shook the hood that had cloaked his features revealing long and luxurious white hair and a face that couldn't be rivaled, even by Kagome's. His golden eyes fixated on the hanyou who had freed him from captivity so many years ago.

"We've been hired to start a war. How are we going to get Florin, the peaceful country that it is, to fight if we do not have the young lord's fiancé? Miroku, Sango, pick up your feet. We need to be on the ship by morning," He finished and motioned to his two human slaves. Sango glared at the enigmatic hanyou and then her eyes went to Miroku's face that was gently warning her not to say anything.

"Yes master Naraku," She replied and her head bowed to the ground as she and Miroku sped up their walking pace a little bit. Naraku stopped and turned around, grabbing her by the arm, his free hand going to the small of her back. Miroku continued to walk on, pained to see the beautiful young woman be abused in such a manner.

"He is truly filthy," Sesshomaru muttered as he saw Naraku force his mouth onto Sango's lips. "Using her in such a way. Why not use this wench?"

"That is the princess. He plans to use her for other things," Miroku replied.

"I still do not like this either way. There is nothing in it that concerns us," Sesshomaru growled a bit, showing a gleam of his white fangs. "We will probably be in the way if this war indeed starts. What a fool Naraku is."

"Indeed," Miroku mumbled and they continued to walk until they got to the ship. Naraku joined them shortly, dragging Sango by her arm. She looked very shaken up and the Inuyoukai and the man knew what he had done to her.

"Put the princess in the corner. We'll set sail and try to go to the Cliffs of Death by midday tomorrow," Naraku ordered and had them all prepare the ship, which they did begrudgingly. "This will be one war that no man on any side, Gilder or Florin will ever forget," Naraku added and laughed, his voice rich with evil and crude delight. Sango cringed and hid her face from Sesshomaru and Miroku, feeling dirty and cold.

That is what he thinks. Feh, Sesshomaru thought, lightly tossing Kagome down in the corner of the ship and went to join Miroku in untying the sails.

(A/N: I've decided that Sesshomaru will not be related to Inuyasha in this story. Yes, yes, I know it screws up the order of things but I'm going to try something new. I hope that's all right. Believe me! It'll all work out in the end! I promise! Review and tell me what you think so far! Support me guys !)