InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Seperation ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Sorry for the late update! Oh lordy! My story is getting heavily popular! I'm very very surprised! This should be a nice and long chapter for y'all. Anyways, I have a fever so I've had plenty of time on my hands…

Previously…

"Not at all," He replied, kissing her hard on the mouth, tangling his fingers in her hair. Kagome made a small mewling sound against his mouth and kept a firm grip around his strong neck. "Oh, by the way," He whispered, breaking away from the young woman. "The exit is right there," he finished, pointing to the left.

"Really? Kami-sama! We made it out of there alive!" Kagome rejoiced, running towards the exit, Inuyasha high on her tail. They burst out into the open and Kagome caught Inuyasha's face, kissing him passionately. His tongue slid in to probe her mouth but he stopped suddenly, his gaze shooting forward in disgust.

"I believe you have something that is mine, whelp," a husky voice that was filled with anger spoke.

~*~

Chapter Fourteen:

"L-Lord Koga!" Kagome exclaimed at seeing her fiancé. Inuyasha's grip tightened possessively as a low growl emitted from deep in his chest. The wolf youkai approached the two of them, his servants and Akira following.

"Take your filthy hands off of my woman, Inu," Lord Koga spat, reaching forward to take Kagome from his grasp but the Inuyoukai would not have it. He jumped back holding his mate securely. "Kagome, what has transpired here? Did he force himself on you?" The wolf lord demanded from her, watching as her eyes went to the ground.

"No, Lord Koga. I joined with him because I wanted to," She replied, watching the hurt, sadness and fury play through his cerulean eyes. "I'm sorry."

"So this is the youkai you mourned for in your chambers when I tried to comfort you. This is the youkai who…" His hand closed into a fist and he let out a feral growl. "He TOUCHED my woman!" Lord Koga shouted in repressed anger. "Let's kill him!" He finished, signaling for his men to attack.

Inuyasha threw Kagome off to the side as he was attacked from all directions, attempting to keep his guard on all sides. His injuries were not helping him much but they were only effectively making him vulnerable. "Stop this!" She cried, but her voice was not heard. She cleared her throat, thinking of what she could do to save Inuyasha's life. She wouldn't be able to stand it if he went off and left her again. "I'll go with you Lord Koga!" She shouted towards the wolf, watching as her words stopped the small battle that had been waging.

"You'll WHAT?" Inuyasha barked, standing in shock as hurt played through his amber eyes.

"What was that?" Lord Koga asked as he approached Kagome.

"If you send him back to his ship on the seas and promise not to hurt him anymore, I will go back with you," She answered him, feeling her own chest contract at the upset and betrayed look on her Inuyoukai mate's face.

"You would break off your mating relationship and marry me like all was planned?" The wolf asked as hope shined in the way he was looking at her. Kagome nodded mutely, feeling numb to all emotion. This was for the best, even if it meant she was betraying the man she loved and isolating herself from the world.

"Kagome… Don't do this," Inuyasha pleaded in sadness, feeling defeated. There was no reason to go on now. She was going to be someone else's.

"You heard what she said, Akira. Return this Inu to his ship," Lord Koga said in excitement as he scooped Kagome into his arms. He shot the blue youkai a `you know what to do' look and ran back to the castle, his servants following.

"Come with me," Akira stated, eying the saddened Inuyoukai. He was not going to fight anymore. His will to live went with Kagome when she was carried away. Inuyasha sighed and eyed the older youkai skeptically.

"I'm not stupid. I know you're not taking me to my so-called `ship,'" He said to him, watching as Akira chuckled.

"So it would seem," The elder youkai replied. Inuyasha looked the blue youkai over, noticing the markings on his body. Akira felt cornered under the gaze of the mysterious stranger but cleared his throat politely. "What is it you're looking for?"

"Oh nothing. I only noticed that you've got blue markings on your wrists and such. There was a young man looking for you. He says he's going to kill you-" Inuyasha broke off when Akira pressed the pressure point on his neck, rendering him unconscious.

You see too much, youkai, Akira thought as he towed Inuyasha towards the Pit of Despair where he would be tortured by all means of weaponry and new aged machinery.

**

"I'm very pleased with the decision you've made, Kagome," Lord Koga said as sweetly as his gruff, husky voice would go, "Even if he has already been between your thighs."

Kagome was silent, not meeting her fiancé's gaze. What had she done? She was now going to be alone for all eternity. Lord Koga would have her body, but he would not have her soul or her love. She was not meant to be his but that decision was not in her grasp anymore.

Inuyasha… I'm so sorry… She thought.

Lord Koga took her hand and stroked it gently. "We are going to be wed in a week. Will that be alright?"

Kagome made no reply. Her chocolate brown eyes were very sad but she attempted to cover it. "I suppose so," she answered after a short time. Lord Koga nodded to her and then left the room, leaving her alone. She sat but then laid back and buried her face in her pillow, muffling her sobs as she cried for Inuyasha.

**

Inuyasha's amber eyes blinked open when he felt something jabbing him in his gut. He groaned slightly and attempted to turn over but realized he was tied to a table. His head was the only free part of his body. He leaned up slightly, as much as the ties on his body would allow and saw a short and stubby toad youkai staring at him with bulbous yellow eyes.

"It's about time you woke up!" The toad barked at him. Inuyasha growled at him, silencing him for a moment but then he started to babble a little.

"Where the hell am I?" Inuyasha demanded.

"You're in the pit of despair and we've also tied you to a table with special binding rope so do not attempt to escape. You will only injure yourself in the process," The youkai replied. "Would you have something to eat? Lord Akira wants you in high strength and good health."

"If this place is called the pit of despair then why are they making sure that I am well?" Inuyasha asked, bewildered by the `generosity' the youkai was offering.

"We would like to see that you are tortured to death," The toad laughed at him. Inuyasha groaned and leaned his head back on the table. This toad was annoying.

**

Sango crept through the woods, alone and slightly afraid. She gripped her cloak tighter around herself as she looked around in search for Sesshomaru. She, Miroku and the Inuyoukai had all escaped from the Gilderian frontier and caught ships back to their native land of Florin, but they had all been separated. The last she had heard of Sesshomaru, he had returned to his home in the forest before Naraku had imprisoned him.

She felt a gust of wind behind her and felt a large hand grasp her arm and turn her around. She was about to scream when she realized it was only the person of her search. "Sesshomaru, I've found you!" She told him in happiness. The Inuyoukai merely nodded and they walked along.

"Tell me. Where is Miroku?" The proud youkai asked.

"I haven't been able to find him. My guesses are that he has drowned himself in sake and entertaining women with his wild stories," The young woman replied.

"I see. Are we going to look for him?" Sesshomaru questioned her, seeing the worried look in her eyes. Sango blushed momentarily but nodded. "What then?"

"I suppose we go by whatever plan Miroku has. I have nothing to do right now," she answered him.

"Neither do I," Sesshomaru stated. He picked her up cradle style and they ran out of the forest, his acute nose tuning into the location of Miroku's scent. It was going to take them a while to find him but they were willing to look for their long-time companion.

Ending Writer's Corner:

So, what do you think? I might add another chapter today but I think that's pressing it. I'm tired. This fever is taking a lot out of me. Time for a nap!