InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess Bride ❯ Miroku's Recovery and the Machine of Death ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Well… maybe no one likes this story as well as I thought or they thought I abandoned it… I HAVEN'T! COME BACK MY LOVELY READER AND REVIEWERS! I MISS YOU!!! WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE???!!! Ahem… I just got a little carried away… Hee hee ;)

Previously…

"Tell me. Where is Miroku?" The proud youkai asked.

"I haven't been able to find him. My guesses are that he has drowned himself in sake and entertaining women with his wild stories," The young woman replied.

"I see. Are we going to look for him?" Sesshomaru questioned her, seeing the worried look in her eyes. Sango blushed momentarily but nodded. "What then?"

"I suppose we go by whatever plan Miroku has. I have nothing to do right now," she answered him.

"Neither do I," Sesshomaru stated. He picked her up cradle style and they ran out of the forest, his acute nose tuning into the location of Miroku's scent. It was going to take them a while to find him but they were willing to look for their long-time companion.

~*~

Chapter Fifteen:

"Leave me alone!" A young man who was well passed overly drunk shouted, swinging his staff blindly at the bartender who was telling him to pay up. "Mow sake!"

"You `aven't paid me, sir. You ain't getting no more `till you `ave paid up," The bartender replied snottily, ordering his boys to throw the on going drunkard out.

"I'll kiww you all…" He slurred before he belched loudly and was tossed out the door. He slid across the ground on his underside with a loud sigh and a whimper and ran smack into something solid and warm.

"Miroku?" A calm feminine voice asked in worry. Miroku instantly recognized the heavenly angelic voice as Sango's and he grasped her around the legs.

"Human, if you have any desire to find the creature you seek revenge for, you will stop kissing my legs and get your stanching self as far away from them as possible," A deep voice rumbled from the body of the pair of legs he was kissing. Miroku froze and disentangled himself from the Inuyoukai.

Shit! "Ah… Sesshomuhwoo and Sango… Come to save me?" He hiccupped and got hefted off the ground by his kimono. He grunted and hung limply as Sesshomaru looked him over.

"Before we try and find the youkai he is searching for, we are cleaning him up. He smells like he hasn't bathed in a week," The Inuyoukai spat, shielding his nose with his free hand as he carried Miroku along with them as they went to find the hut they had found for shelter.

"Two," came Miroku's cheeky reply. Sesshomaru growled and nearly dropped him when Sango reminded him that Miroku was not in his right mind and that he had been drinking for the last two weeks. Golden eyes rolled in general irritation as Sango opened the door to the hut. "I'm sweepy…" Miroku mumbled but neither of the two who had rescued him paid any mind.

Sango prepared three tubs of water. One cold, one steaming hot and one lukewarm. She whispered something to Sesshomaru that brought a wolfish smirk to his face. "Miroku," Sango said to the inebriate young man, "This is going to sting and burn," she finished.

"You fink I can'd `andle it?" Miroku replied before he let out a scream when Sesshomaru dunked him into the tub of freezing cold water.

Sesshomaru chuckled. "This could be more amusing than I thought!" He said in amusement as he threw Miroku into the scalding hot water.

**

"Hey! You!" The toad barked into Inuyasha's ear as if he couldn't hear him. "Wake up you fool!"

"Shut up…" Inuyasha growled through his teeth, shoving his face into the youkai's as best he could from his tied and bound position on the table. Yellow eyes full of fear and stupidity locked with seriously pissed amber one after his words. "You're pissing me off…"

"I had to wake you up, you see. Lord Akira wants to test his newest invention on the strongest specimen. That would be you, Inu," the toad finished, bowing slightly as the blue colored youkai with stripes who Miroku sought revenge from descended down the stairs into the pit of despair.

"Jaken," He said calmly as he came to stand by the table Inuyasha was situated on.

"Yes, m'lord?" Jaken replied, bowing his head more so.

"Go and prepare the machine to setting one," He answered, watching the toad scamper off until he was out of sight.

"Kami-sama… Could you get a more annoying person to tend your victims?" Inuyasha groaned as soon as Jaken had left. Akira let out a chuckle and started to pat the Inuyoukai's chest with a cloth that was doused in a strange smelling liquid.

"He is quite irritating, is he not? Ah, me. I am stuck with him," Akira replied with a rueful grin. Inuyasha's nostrils twitched slightly at the aroma of the fluid on his chest and abdomen.

"Uh… What is that you're putting on me?" Inuyasha asked in slight panic and wonder. What the hell were they going to do to him? Kagome! How could you do this to me? He thought in heartbreak but shoved it all behind him when Akira opened his mouth to tell him.

"This is sensor fluid. When I connect you to my brand new contraption, the Machine of Death will detect where the fluid is on your body, thus draining blood and health from those spots," He replied but both the youkai turned their heads when the sounds of wheels came in. Jaken was rolling in the `Machine of Death' and brought it behind where Inuyasha's head was on the table.

Inuyasha swallowed but felt confidence that this would not greatly affect him. He had been through worse. Getting himself used to poison, learning how to use his claws from other youkai sailors, the transformation from the shikon no tama after he had made his wish… It wasn't like he couldn't handle pain…

Inuyasha was brought back to reality when he felt cold wires being taped onto his skin on his chest and his abdominal region where the secretion had been applied. Akira cleared his throat as he went to pull the lever to activate the machine. "Please. Be completely honest with me. I have to know if this product will work for torture methods."

"I doubt he'll be able to say anything, m'lord," Jaken chortled but shushed when Inuyasha growled at him.

Sniveling coward! Inuyasha thought in anger. Now let's get my mind off the present… When Akira pulled the lever, he thought of his most happy place. His memories immediately went to when he had made love with Kagome. He could picture her face, at first in pain but then stricken from bliss and ecstasy, crying out his name like a benediction.

That image worked for sometime until he felt stabbing, wrenching, horrible pains go through his body. He almost screamed like a little girl when he felt his body jolt back and forth. He tried to escape but he was paralyzed by the machine for it had dulled his body from any movement except the artificial tosses and wrenches it was doing. Let me out! Let me out! KAGOME! He roared in his mind from the terrible pain and all of a sudden, it stopped.

His amber eyes were wide as he felt his heart start pumping once again. He felt tears well up but he choked them back down. Akira came over to look at the still Inuyoukai with an observant air about him. "So," he asked, "How do you feel, Inu?"

Inuyasha could not form any words in his head. He opened his mouth and a whimper, a purely pup-like whimper, escaped his lips. Akira nodded and a smirk passed over his lips.

"I see." He replied as he and Jaken disconnected the `Machine of Death' from Inuyasha's limp body as he continued to whimper like he did as a small child.

**

"STOP! STOP IT SESSHOMARU!" Miroku screamed as he was forced into the tub of hot water after a few hours of such treatment. "I'm awake! I'M AWAKE NOW!" He added in anger, stopping to hear both Sango and Sesshomaru's amused chuckles.

"Are you ready to eat now? You haven't in two weeks," Sango asked, holding out a bowl of rice for the young man. He eyed it hungrily and despite his wet clothes, jumped into a chair at a table and started to eat it in a ravenous way with his hands. "Oh my," she giggled at his horrible manners.

"You took away all my fun, Sango," Sesshomaru said in sarcasm as he eyed the two humans. "You still smell, Miroku. You need to wash with soap," he added, tossing a bottle of soapy liquid towards him.

"He doesn't smell to me," Sango defend lightly but Sesshomaru snorted.

"Of course he doesn't smell to you. You do not have an Inuyoukai nose," He shot back. Sango sighed and shrugged, admitting defeat. "Miroku, what do you propose we do as soon as you are back to your full health?"

"What do you think? We go after the youkai that slaughtered my mother!"

**

"So. How did the little rape fiend handle level one on your machine, Akira?" Lord Koga asked his advisor. The elder youkai sighed and nodded.

"It didn't have the entire effect that I thought it would have on him. He is a strong one. A very strong one. He tried to fight the machine," Akira replied, watching as the wolf youkai's eyes grew bewildered.

"Fight it?" He repeated in confusion. "Is that possible?"

"If you have the correct state of mind but he lost it shortly. He had to give into the needs of his body," The elder youkai replied, watching as the younger Lord relaxed.

"I want him dead by my wedding, do you understand me? If you won't do it, then I will. Make now mistake," Lord Koga spat in a whisper because he heard soft footstep and recognized the scent of his fiancé as she came down the hall.

"Lord Koga?" She asked him, bowing politely when she saw he was conversing with another lord.

"What is it, my beloved?" He replied, ushering Lord Akira away. Kagome entered the room stoically, her face playing no emotion.

"Is there any way that I might be able to send Inuyasha word of our wedding?"

Lord Koga felt his claws dig into his fist but he kept his composure. "Of course, darling. Why don't you write a scroll for him and I shall send it on one of my ships to locate him."

"Inuyasha will come to save me. He loves me," Kagome replied softly, her eyes growing soft and sad.

"He is not the only man who loves you. Never mistake that," Lord Koga replied, taking her hands in his. She did not meet his gaze but she knew what his face must have looked like. "Why don't you go to bed, my dear. It's late."

"Yes," she replied, nodding but she felt herself be pulled up against Lord Koga's chest. Before she could try to break away, his dry and experienced lips had captured hers and his tongue was coaxing her greedily. She gasped and pushed away, gasping. "I am exhausted. Forgive me, Lord Koga," she wheezed, rushing, with composure, away to her chambers, crying as she went.

Ending Writer's Corner:

What do you think? FEEDBACK! FEEDBACK!