InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess ❯ Talks By A Lake ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Talks By A Lake
Inside Kagome was fuming at the Prince's smart-alec comment but being the Lady she was all she could do was smile. But that didn't mean she wouldn't get him back later.
“Well, let's start this feast!” King Higurashi said noticing to tension in the room.
Once everyone was seated Kagome started to talk to Queen Izayoi (?) and Prince Sesshomaru about the arranged marriage and the rising conflict in both kingdoms. While the King's and Inuyasha talked about weaponry, while the Queen went back to her room
After dinner everyone retired to their rooms, but Kagome stayed back for a few minutes when she noticed Inuyasha walking by the window in the backyard.
(((…In The Garden Near The Pond…)))
Inuyasha was deep in thought about the beautiful Princess he had just met he didn't hear her walk up to him and sit next to him.
“Hi” Kagome said smiling happily at Inuyasha
“Ah..hi, l didn't hear to coming” Inuyasha said a little startled
“You were to busy day dreaming” Inuyasha stared at Kagome for a few minutes but when she looked at him, he quickly looked away.
“Yeah, well, theirs nothing to do here so might as well think for a while”
`That must have been the smartest thing he has said all night' thought Kagome studying Inuyasha know that she was closer to him.
Long silver hair, cute puppy dog ears, muscular build, a handsome yet boyish face and what she noticed the most was his beautiful eyes that showed his emotions and feelings, when his attitude and actions clearly screamed `Leave me alone'.
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked quietly looking over the lake
“Mmm” Answered Inuyasha
“What is it you hide from?”
“Ha?” Came Inuyasha's dumb reply
“What is it you hide from? I mean you never talked to me, you distance yourself from me and know we are just sitting here staring at an empty pond saying nothing to each other. Not my idea of a conversation.” Kagome said getting up and walking to the lake.
“What do you want to do Princess?” Asked Inuyasha getting up and walking to her side.
“See the world!” Kagome said lifting her arms up and looking up to the sky twirling around making her dress spin around her.
Inuyasha thought that she was the beautiful girl no angel he had ever seen. The way the hair flowed around her face, her skirt flaring and twirling around her, the moon making her creamy skin shine and the beautiful smile she had making her small dance a magical experience.
When Kagome stopped spinning Inuyasha held his hand out to her which she took with question.
“You want to see the world Princess? You won't be able to do that in these walls, but l can show you my world.” Inuyasha spun her around and lifted her up grabbing her thighs so she was on his back. He bent down so he was almost kneeling, then sprang up into the air and above the tree line, over the Castle walls, through a forest, jumping and bouncing from tree to tree and into the beautiful flower field.
They both stopped and Kagome looked around at all the different and beautiful flowers. Inuyasha let Kagome down so she could stand by herself and started to lead her to a huge tree in the middle of the field.
“This is the sacred tree” he said putting a hand on the tree while his other hand holding Kagome's. “I used to come here when l was a pup, on my human nights.”
“Why didn't you stay with your parents on your human night?” she asked Inuyasha with a questioning gaze. That's when Inuyasha let his hand fall limb to his side.
“When l was at the castle everyone hurt me or picked on me when my parents and brother were gone because l was the only Hanyou in the castle. How do you think they would treat me if l was a weak, vulnerable child?” Kagome didn't answer.
“That must have been hard on your own and being the only different one.” Kagome stated.
“I grew strong to prove everyone wrong, that's how l survived, l lived because l wanted to and l couldn't allow myself to give up.”
They stood there looking at the sacred tree before Inuyasha began to talk again.
“Everyman fights. Fight for love, power, survival and for what you believe. The question is, `is what we are fighting for a fantasy or reality?'.” Inuyasha didn't look at her, but you could tell those words for only her to know.
GOMEN! I didn't update sooner. It gets a bit serious towards that end, but to have a good story you need different emotions. Review ASAP!
CHOW!