InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Resolution ❯ Settled Pasts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi all!
 
 
Here's the second chapter - told you it was already done….
 
 
The song from the last chap was“Because I Love Her,”sung by Prince Derek from Swan Princess III: Mystery of the Forbidden Treasure. Seeif you can guess this one; it should be a bit easier….
 
 
I also used the words Derek says right before he sings that song as well. Only I changed them up a bit. This is what he is supposed to say:
Isn't it enough that I fight the dragons,
That I fight the villains and win the prize?
Isn't it enough that I run the kingdom,
Solve everyone's problems, direct and advise?
Why must I get down on my knees,
And apologize?”
And this is what I changed it to for Inuyasha:
“Isn't it enough that I fight the dragons;
that I fight the demons and win?
Isn't it enough that I lead the battle;
find their weaknesses, protect and defend?
Why must I also get down on my knees…and apologize?”
So, yeah, not an exact match, but I thought the words fit better. I would have just cut them out, but it would have been too much of an abrupt entrance into the song.
 
 
Oh, and just one more thing - when I said that I wrote chapter one when I should have been working on my part of a group bio report…that was in November of 2005…that's when I posted it on ff.net. But I liked what I said about being obsessed with Inuyasha…I think I still am…. {evil grin}
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the song `Because I Love Her' from the movie `The Swan Princess III: Mystery of the Forbidden Treasure,' which was shown in the last chapter, nor do I own the characters or original show storyline from the anime/manga Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko.
 
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
The Resolution
Chapter 2: Settled Pasts
 
 
Inuyasha was running toward the village as quickly as he could, not wanting to wait to tell Kagome when his nose caught the scent of soil mixed with a very faint bit of jasmine - Kikyou. He realized that he had to break things off with Kikyou once and for all if he truly wanted to be with Kagome. He followed the scent into a small clearing where she was resting up against the base of a tree, eyes shut as she accepted yet another young woman's soul from her shinidama-chuu.
 
 
What you see's not what you get
With you there's just no measurement
No way to tell what's real from what isn't there
Your eyes, they sparkled
That's all changed into lies that drop like acid rain
You washed away the best of me
You don't care
 
 
“Kikyou?” he said, his voice low, as if he didn't want to wake her. “You have come yet again, Inuyasha,” she said, her eyes opening to reveal their dark, cold depths as she continued. “You have defeated Naraku, so now it is time to fulfill your debt to me.” Inuyasha took a step toward her - started to say `yes' - then realized what he was doing.
 
 
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge I gotta burn
You are wrong if you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
I'm already gone
 
 
“Ye-No!” he said, stopping in his tracks. “No what, Inuyasha?” she asked, standing up; her voice getting even colder than usual, if possible. “I'm not going to hell with you, Kikyou,” he said, his voice gaining strength as he talked. “And why, may I ask, not,” she countered, “When you made that promise to me so long ago?”
 
 
Sometimes shattered
Never open
Nothing matters
When you're broken
That was me whenever I was with you
Always ending, always over
Back and forth, up and down, like a roller coaster
I am breaking that habit today
 
 
“Kikyou,” he began, stepping back lest he fall into any of her hidden traps. “I've been thinking lately and I've come to a realization. Sometimes the mind, human or hanyou, can play tricks on you. You remember all the good times and the rough spots sort of…fade away. Until it's not the person anymore - it's just this rosy memory.” “What are you going on about now, Inuyasha?” she scoffed, taking a step toward him.
 
 
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge I gotta burn
You are wrong if you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
I'm already gone
 
 
He retreated yet another step, then answered. “What I mean is that I've come to the realization that the person I thought I made that promise to died over 50 years ago and she's never coming back.”
 
 
There is nothing you can say
Sorry doesn't cut it babe
Take the hit and walk away
`Cause I'm gone
Doesn't matter what you do
It's what you did that's hurting you
All I needed was the truth
Now I'm gone
 
 
“Kikyou, I don't care what you do, and I won't harm you now, but I swear, if I ever catch you near here or anyone I care about again, you will regret it.” He then turned to leave, ready to walk away and leave Kikyou in his past for good when a sudden thought struck him. He turned back to face her for the last time.
 
 
What you see's not what you get
What you see's not what you get
 
 
“Oh, and Kikyou?” She looked up at him. His eyes narrowed dangerously at her. “That's a promise I will be keeping.” The venom in his voice and sudden coldness in his eyes was enough to make Kikyou submit to his request without any questions.
 
 
You know you did it
I'm gone
To find someone to live for in this world
There's no light at the end of the tunnel tonight
Just a bridge I gotta burn
You are wrong if you think you can walk right through my door
That is just so you
Coming back when I've finally moved on
 
 
Inuyasha walked out of the clearing, feeling mildly guilty. But that feeling of guilt was due to the fact that the Kikyou of the present still looked and smelt nearly the same as the Kikyou of the past. Similar enough to evoke the loyalties of his inu-youkai blood. Once he truly realized that she wasn't the same person anymore, those misgivings faded away, leaving in their place a feeling of great relief, like a large burden had been lifted.
 
 
His speed increased ten-fold; the determination to reach Kagome and tell her how he felt before it was too late spurring him on. Rounding the edge of the forest, he caught sight of Kaede's hut. His sensitive nose caught a whiff of Kagome's scent - she was inside! Finally! he thought, Finally, I can tell her! I can tell her I love her!
 
 
I'm already gone
I'm already gone
I'm already gone
Already gone
Gone
 
 
-123456789-1234567890-1234567890-134567890-1234567890-12345 67890-
 
 
Well, there you go. Hope it's not too bad. It's only four pages - not one of my longer ones, but I didn't put a lot of story in it because I wanted the song to do most of the talking and I think that worked….
 
 
Oh, there was a quote in this one, too. I really love it and the show it's from, so see if you can find it!
 
 
YoukaiLuvr