InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Road Less Traveled ❯ Revenge Is Sweet ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Revenge is Sweet
Author: Nicluv1787
Prompt: Childish Intentions (Week 201)
Word Count: 250(exactly YES!!)
Rating: G
Warning: Fluff
Summary: Shippou is planning on exacting his revenge on Inuyasha.
A/N: and millions of rewrites later… this was definitely difficult to keep within the word limit but I hit the mark exactly with some help from my friend P_Tama.

The small kit crawled on his belly propelled by his elbows, his small eyes scanning the forest floor. He stops to rise up onto his knees for a better view. He spots his prey. He once more flattens himself to the ground, following after a couple walking through the forest. ‘I’ll teach Inuyasha for stealing the Ninja food Kagome brought back for me.’ He thinks while balling his tiny hand into a fist, before scurrying through the brush after the pair.
Inuyasha and Kagome sit down, the silence stretching out between them.
“InuYasha,” Kagome began, “I have to tell you… I think I’m falling for you.” She blushed.
“Kagome,” InuYasha began blushing slightly.
“Never mind. Forget I said anything.” Kagome said looking at her shoes.
“No, Kagome. I like you too.” InuYasha leaned in close to Kagome. Their lips parted.
“I think I’m going to be sick” Shippou gags.
Inuyasha turns quickly towards the sound of the Kitsune’s voice, he gruffly reaches into the brush extracting the young kit.
“Didn’t anyone teach you not to spy?” Inuyasha said as he hosts the kitsune up, hitting him on the head.
“Oww that hurt.” Shippou whines pathetically.
“Inuyasha,” Kagome scolds, “Stop picking on him,” Kagome takes the young Kitsune into her arms as he snuggles close to her.
Shippou looks up at her with wide child like eyes, “Kagome, what were you and Inuyasha doing?”
Both the Miko and Hanyou blush bright red, Shippou give Inuyasha a triumphant grin, ‘Revenge is sweet.’